If looks are subjective then why are male models almost objectively considered good looking? I have a defined jawline and symmetrical features?

How to know if your face is defined and symmetrical enough?
Okay so how can I know if my face meets the standards of their beauty?

Most Helpful Girl

• because the industry itself doesn't view beauty as subjective. the industry views beauty as over a certain height, being within a certain weight, having certain features, AND being able to work it in front of a camera. sure u could have all the features theyre looking for, but I'm telling u the modelling industry is RUTHLESS.
    people who r in that industry need to be REALLY grounded. they have to have an unshakable confidence because almost everyone around them is gonna look for something to fault.

• I don't freaking want to be in the modelling business. Just LOOK like a model who is an engineer.
      Anyway I am 6ft. I have a Calvin Klein model body. BUT WHAT FEATURES are you talking about? I have a defined jawline and symmetrical features. But how defined and how symmetrical do I have to be?

• 😋😋😋😋😋

• OMG OCTAVIUS?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Well, you need the right face for the right girl.

That, and certain body types are preferred over others.

• I think it's a mix of both. Generally people who are considered attractive are widely considered to be so by the majority of people. But there's also people who are interested in different types and have differnt personal preferences or kinks.

• Widely considered to be so by the majority. Really tho?

• 😋😋😋😋😋

• Well, some people just have different preferences. But, I would't worry about it, there's not a single person that *everyone* finds attractive. I'm sure you're better off than me, as a fat guy (although losing) and even I have women who are attracted to me.

• No to some people they're good looking. Just because they make it in magazines does not mean everyone swoons after them.

Your second question isn't really a question.

• You claim to have a symmetrical face but I don't see pictures.

• Lol I do. That much is CERTAIN. I can tell by looking at the mirror.

• And are you the judge of symmetry? And you do realize faces can look very different IRL and in photos right? Especially Phone cameras? Read up on lens distortion. Professional pics are more accurate but still fail compared to IRL.

• At LEAST A few girls have said my face is symmetrical. And jawline too.