I feel touchy about my height, is 5.3 really that bad?

I'm shorter than my mom. I see that many people have height preferences for tall women. Is my height ok?

Most Helpful Guy

• tall women? im 6'3 and only go after shorter women. I think tall girls have a harder time getting guys they want since some guys are intimidated by big women lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• i LOVE my height and I'm 5'3" as well! embrace it! :D

What Guys Said 13

• No, people tend to have a preference for similar height people (girls typically still want the guy to "be taller than them") because it's more convenient, which is why you see tall people go for tall people. So that making out isn't awkward and stuff.

That doesn't mean some really tall guys don't end up with really short girls though.

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...B00000578-898_468x630.jpg

So a guy who's like 5'7" would be perfectly fine with your height, as long as you are not a height queen who is insecure about their height because they only want to go for guys who are at least 6 feet tall for whatever reason.

• I've never thought many people like taller women (nothing wrong with taller girls, but most men prefer short girls unless they themselves are tall). Tbh, you're about the perfect height, I'm 5'11 and I love girls around 5'1 - 5'7ish. Don't feel bad, you're the perfect height for most guys! :)

• You should never worry about your height. And 5'3" is totally fine. Majority of guys will go for that.

• There is literally nothing wrong with being 5'3. Short girls are usually super adorable, and I can carry them easily.

• No 5'3 is fine, there's nothing wrong with short women or women of any height. Lots of tall men dig women your height.

• That's not bad at all! In fact, men usually like 'shorter' women, so you have nothing to be concerned about! Very few men actually like 'tall' women, from what I have noticed.

• Yeah, no. The majority of guys (assuming you're straight/bi) prefer short girls.

• 5.3 you don't have anything to worry about man.

• I prefer tall women, but lots of men like short women. You should be fine.

• "Dutch men are tall, and Dutch women apparently like it that way. Scientists have found that natural selection—women choosing taller men to mate with—is a factor in the height of Dutch men, which has rocketed up by 20 cm (7.9 inches) over the past 200 years, while the heights of people in other similarly developed nations has—literally­—only inched up." yea i know Dutch men prefer tall ones ;)

• u r fine for a woman.

• Ya u r bit short try to increase it by doing workouts at least try to reach 165 cm

• It is okay. Cute even.

• I'm a guy and I'm 5'8. I get ridiculed for it and I used to take it badly. Then I realized that no matter what I do my height is not going to change. So might as well have fun with it. Now when someone makes fun of me II laugh and joke about it. As for your question, no I don't think 5'3 is short. Just remember were in the same team as Josh hutcherson, Daniel Radcliffe and many more.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm 5'0. You're completely fine. Many guys like short women.

• I'm 5'2" and I embrace it.

• Small girls are super duper cute. 5'3 is a nice height.

When it comes to dating it is almost better for a girl to be a little too small then a little too tall...

The only times being tall is very important for a girl is when she want to join the model industry.

• oh man am 5'3 too and insecure about my height :(

• There is nothing wrong with your height. Also being tall is not a common preference.

• It's not bad if you can still reach for the top shelf cabinet in the plane

• I'm 5'1 and I'm taller then my mum. I wouldn't worry

• You're a bit too short.