If someone doesn't drink alcohol, does that make them less attractive?

I don't drink alcohol. I don't turn it down for religious reasons, it's just a personal preference, I don't enjoy drinking nor do I have the desire to drink. I never judge people who drink or put them down in anyway. In my longest relationship I was told I would be a lot hotter if I drank. (Please keep in mind that I'm 22). I never thought much of that comment until after my relationship ended and I tried meeting new people. There seems to be a consistent pattern of things starting off great but then things will end with "sorry, I need someone who will go out and get drunk with me." I tag along with friends to parties sometimes and I still mingle, I just stay sober while I do it. I've been told that I'm rude for not drinking at social events, i'm boring, and that by not drinking it automatically comes off as thinking I'm better than everyone else. I truly wish that I could drink with others and enjoy myself, but since I don't like to, there's no point in forcing myself to.

If you met someone who didn't enjoy drinking at all, does that make them less attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• I see that a lot of answers are coming from guys that dont drink themselves, so here's my perspective as someone who does enjoy drinking with friends or at parties.

I would prefer it if a girl didn't have a problem with drinking occasionally, because not drinking when everyone else is kinda does leave you as an outsider a little bit. And I know how it feels like to be the only one sober when everyone else is really drunk, and thats why I would be conscious about my own drinking , and Id much rather be able to just go out and have fun with a girl, drink with her and not having to worry about her being sober.

That being said, I dont think thats a deal breaker at all, and I definitely wouldn't end a relationship or brush them off because of that. It just makes things less complicated and more fun if she doesn't have a problem with drinking. Like if we are both drunk I can tell the stupidest jokes and we'll both laugh, but if you're sober it makes it so I kinda have to hold myself back.

Most Helpful Girl

• It just seems to me like you're going after the wrong people. I don't drink and I've never heard anyone tell me that I'm less attractive for it. On the contrary, I have people praising me for it instead and telling me that it's a wise decision to make for someone who's so young.
    So maybe instead of going after those who just want to party hard, go after guys who aren't as into partying and are more like you.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't mind responsible drinkers but can't stomach drunks! Stick to your guns on this one. The right people will respect your personal decisions. I personally love when people show they dislike me for my choises. As my dad always said, "It helps to separate the fly shit from the pepper!"

• It totally turns me off if a girl is drunk, so a girl that doesn't drink sounds perfect to me.

I also don't dink. And I get to hear the same things as you do. Mostly people say it to make them feel less guilty about drinking when you join them. Just think about it. You never hear such things about drinking Coca Cola.

• No way It makes the girl way more attractive

• As someone does that does drink alcohol and who plans on going tee-total in the new year, I would love a girlfriend that didn't drink. I'd rather have a nice pot of tea, maybe some scones with jam than a pint of cold beer.

• If someone doesn't drink alcohol on principle, that is admirable. Quite the contrary, in fact, I would find such a woman that much more desirable.

• I don't like women that drink and I find it unattractive tbh

• no, it's normal.

• I do not think this is a proplem.

• More attractive. Alcohol is the number one starter of arguments in a relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't drink alcohol but noone had said to me that you were unattractive. There's no relation between alcohol and beauty, if your heart is beautiful everyone loves you unsuspiciously... Guys don't prefer just sexy girl, they prefer BEAUTIFUL and WELL-MANNERED. :)

• No it doesn't make them less attractive. Attractiveness has nothing to do with drinking. You can always try drinks without alcohol.

• I think that they are entitled to choose without being judged like that, I mean if u don't like it, then so be it, nothing bad or unattractive bout that in my opinion. .