Should I hold off on hooking up until after I lose weight? (Pics)?

I'm not fishing for compliments; I've literally been debating this for a while. I'm 5 feet 0, 138 pounds and somewhere over 30% body fat. I know this is overweight and I definitely need to work on sticking to a calorie deficit to lose weight.

It's just that I'm an 18 year old freshman in university, and I want to start dating. But I know that with dating comes hooking up eventually, and I don't want to progress so far in a relationship to find out that my shape won't appeal to the guy.

Do you think I should wait to lose weight and then date, or just go straight for it?

Please and thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should date when you're ready. And kudos on taking care of your health. I don't think it matters if you start dating now or you wait but if you do start dating now then physical attraction will only get stronger if you continue to lose weight. But it is harder to focus on self improvement when you're dating or in a relationship.

What Guys Said 15

• I think you look fine. If you are interested in dating and what comes after then go for it. If a guy is interested then he likes the way you are now.

• If the opportunity presents itself, go for it.

• No You are perfect. Do not reduce the weight here after.

• Fuck no don't have to wait.. I'd hook up with in a heartbeat! 👌🏻

• Just go dor it. There are plenty of guys who'll like this shape.

• nooo, your body is delicious,

• You look amazing.
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but your body is one of the hottest I've seen in my life. You don't look overweight at all. Most fat is in your breasts and butt, not in your stomach. You have a great shape

• I think you look fine! But at the end of the day, your date should like you for you!!! Don't change for people just be real 😆

• hot hot hot

• wooow seksy baby

• Christ, I'd hook up with you.

• your body is fine

• no you should not your sexy as fuck

• You already have an attractive body, so if there is an opportunity to start a relationship go for it.

• Any guy who is expressing interest is going to want to hook up with you at your current weight. If he doesn't like how you look he wouldn't be trying to hook up to begin with

I think you look pretty appealing right now.

If you get in better shape, you will have more guys interested and have more guys to choose from.

What Girls Said 4

• Keep dating people and lose weight in the process. No need to stop having fun.
    Your body is not bad!

• You look totally fine and i loved your hair

• Your body is good to me (no lesbo). I don't see any major flaws or any reason to be self conscious and feel insecure. I also don't see where you are "overweight ". I don't know what your bmi is but you clearly don't have to shop in the plus size section and I don't think anyone would seriously see you as a fat girl.

• No, you're fine.