Could I be a model?

I want to make some money. Then suddenly modeling came to my mind, I'll get plastic surgery if my face isn't good enough. I think modeling might get me some quick money. But then again, maybe I'm wayy to cocky or think to highly of my looks to even consider modeling. Or maybe I am just thinking too much or maybe People will think that I'm cocky and think I'm too good for them? Or maybe I should just shut up... Lol
Could I be a model?

• Yes, you could be a model I could see it.
  • No!
  • ( other)
Oh, I understand... I guess maybe I'm too ugly to be a model...

Most Helpful Guy

• There are lots of different kinds of models, but I'm going to assume you're thinking of high-fashion/runway models, and in that case, it's very unlikely.

First of all, fashion models have to be extremely tall (typically 5'10" or more) and extremely thin - most have to starve themselves to keep thin enough. Second, you have to have either a very conventionally-attractive face or a very exotic look. You are pretty but your face is a bit on the "ordinary" side for fashion. Third, you are probably too old to start - most fashion models start their careers at 12 or 13 - before they've even finished puberty.

Now, as I said, there are many other kinds of models: glamour, catalog, and adult are three obvious categories, with sub-categories under each, and you certainly could make a living there - but don't expect anything remotely approaching fashion model pay, or being flown around the world for shoots. That kind of career is usually limited to less than 50 women (out of more than 3 billion) in the world at any one time, so it's a very RARE situation.

What Guys Said 22

• You look very good. I think you'd be better off making money as a cute waiter or really anything else. You look good enough to model but modeling is not easy money by any means. And don't get any plastic surgery, your face looks cute

• you are attractive and definitely have some features that models have. but don't think for a second that modeling is easy money.

there was actually a really good documentary about young people trying to become models. it was rather sad how much work they put in, money they invested, and how little they got back.

but if you choose that path find reputable agencies to work with. don't go for the cut rate ones or people that offer things that seem to goo to be true because there are lots of agencies looking to take advantage of young people

• Sure you could, but axe the plastic surgery plans. People usually don't look good after plastic surgery, no matter what anybody (including a plastic surgeon) tells you. After all, plastic surgeons are trying to sell their services. Hello? It don't matter whether you would look good or not after. They just want your money.

• Well first of all, how tall are you? Unless you are at least 5'10", it will be next to impossible to become a model. And that's just with your height.

If your BMI is considered "too high" (aka normal), you will either have to starve yourself and/or take diet pills to meet their ridiculous standards.

The pay is shit unless you're as famous as models like Kendall Jenner.

Your self esteem WILL reach new lows too. If you think you're hot shit now, you will most likely not think the same when you enter the modeling industry. And if your confidence is already low, you will probably end up suicidal at some point. Your managers/supervisors/whatever they're called will say and do whatever they can to get you to lose weight if they think you're "fat", and they will rarely ever give a shit how you feel about it.

• Now, if you're talking about doing part-time modelling for teen girl magazines or clothing catalogs or some shit like that, you probably won't have to deal with most of these things.

• My mom says I'm 5'4. I'm short

• I could see you as a model, but that's definitely not the road to easy money. P! us, you mentioned plastic surgery (which you don't need). That stuff is expensive! You'd be paying for that for a long time before you even make profit.
    Modeling is a tough business. You can do much greater things
    Good luck!

• U got to be kidding

• I know I'm too ugly facially to become a model...

According to you that is..

• Model moustash wax

• Naw she's pretty and still a teen

• I think with the right training and grooming you can be a model... also a great photographer might be needed, you certainly seem photogenic to me

• Anyone can be a model, it just depends on whether you have what they are looking for at the time!

• I think models need to have a body close to perfection, clean good skin and be tall, not necessarily a good face. Working your body properly and taking care of your health in general you could be a model.

• So... you're worried your face isn't good enough but you're prepared to get plastic surgery to make it even worse? Nobody ever looks better after plastic surgery.

• I wouldn't try, unless you have guys begging at you feet all the time because of your looks. Tbh it's a really hard career anyway so it is better to not

• You need to post a glamour shot and put it on modelmayham. com

• I think you have a great face.

• You could always try, but have an alternative life plan if that fails.

• Do you even height?

• More likely when you're older.

• No. lol. You're not ugly but definitely not model material.

• you are NOT ugly but not model material sorry I dont mean to be mean just honesty

• no bitch. what drugs u on? :D

• This is what instagram models are doing to kids nowadays... every girl thinks they can fuckin model smh.

• Anyone can be a model. Go for it!

• You have to be appealing for a big audience, like just beautiful in general. Sorry I do not find you attractive at all.

• Awwww... :(

• Hey attractions relative so just cuz he does not dig you does not mean some other guy won't

• @Monsters Hey sure other guys would find her attractive. But let's be realistic. To be a model you have to attract a MAJORITY of the population. You can see from the poll results that over 70% of the voters do not find her model material.. Put her next to a famous model like Kylie Jenner and see who people would go for.

To the original poster, choose a better career path because modeling isn't for everyone.. Don't rely on your looks and body to get to places.. just stick to education for now because you are still young and find a good paying career that you enjoy doing. If you want to make quick money find a job you can do during summer or something.

What Girls Said 16

• Sorry but I don't think you're pretty enough or unique enough to be a model.

You're average.

To be a model you either need to be outstandingly beautiful or have really striking unusual features. You have neither. You are just... normal.

If you had plastic surgery, you would just look bodged into shape. I think you should set your sights on other things. Sorry.

by the way, I'm not saying you're ugly. Just not model pretty.

• Ok. :)

I understand..

• Don't know...

• Only you can make your mind up. But if in 5 years time you come back and say this happened to you, I'll tell you I told you so.

But end of the day, it's your choice.

• Have you ever seen the face of a model? They're remarkably average.

Models are prized for their incredibly thin bodies. The VS model boasts an average 32-24-32 in terms of body measurements.

So it has nothing to do with your face and everything to do with your figure.

• You look nice but you don't look westernized and it would be impossible to make you look western given the scope of your non-western facial features. Models aren't good looking - they are simply stereotypically "common" looking but they are common in a western way.

• i think you're really cute and pretty, honestly! just apply a bunch of places, you'll probably get a job somewhere. yeah it's competitive, and you have to be 100% secure with yourself or seeing all these stunning people around you will drop nearly anyone's self confidence. also don't take it personally if you don't get a specific job, cause some companies are looking for just a certain type of look.
    if you're really concerned with what others think about what you're thinking about then just don't tell anyone lol.

• Look, you don't have to be gorgeous or anything to be a model, but there is a certain 'model-looking face' that's required, which usually involves strong facial structure and prominent cheekbones, as these features tend to photograph better (with a face round-faced exceptions like lily cole or Devon Aoki.) It's not that you're not attractive, but you just don't have the 'model look.'

Modelling really isn't as glamorous as it's made out to be anyway.. And it's an extremely hard job to make a living off of. The only ones who can really make a living off of modelling have to be expectional and are still very few (think how many Victoria's Secret angels there are.) Honestly, you could do way better at a different job. Good luck!

• I think considering surgery in order to enter modelling is already a bad start. Then modelling isn't that interesting and if you look on youtube you'll find lots of girls complaining about that.
    You could try, but don't do any surgeries because of that.

• Modelling isn't a very easy or well paying career choice.

• Your measurements will have to be around 34-24-34, you'll need to be at LEAST 5'7" (like kate moss) but preferably 5'9'-6'. You will also need to weigh between 1110-120.

I model for an agency and am 34-25-34, 5'7.5", and 115lbs. That's the only really requirements. They also really look for facial structure. Defined jawbone and cheekbones.

• Girl you are pretty. You could be a model. The people who said no are just hating. The only issue I would see is if you aren't tall enough.

• If by modeling you mean for adds and local masses clothes then yes.
    High run way model, I don t know, I need to see your figure.

• Why wouldn't you?

• So you're trying to make money by wasting money on plastic surgery? In my opinion you aren't attractive or pretty.

• You are very beautiful!

• yes i think so

• So if you want to be a model to make some more money then how are you going to afford the plastic surgery to "fix" your face before the modeling if you're already in a position of needing more money before the modelling? lol

• Judging by your body, I think you need to be way skinnier (for serious modeling.) My mom was a model. She was 5'11 and 125 pounds. Her agency told her to loose 5 more pounds, and she became anorexic to do so.

I tried being a model at 5'9 and 130 pounds. They told me to loose another 5 pounds to be considered.

You seem like a healthy weight, not an ultra-thin weight. (which is what models are)