Why do a lot of guys dislike 'emo/scene' girls?

Sorry for the stereotyping names but I didn't know how else to explain the look. Anyway I think girls that have this style and look are the prettiest girls ever. I wish I could look as good as them. But why don't a lot of guys like them?
why do a lot of guys dislike 'emo/scene' girls?

I'm not any of these girls by the way.
@star_lord

Most Helpful Guy

• I love all the EMO emo scene girls, To me they are the best, Thier styles and looks are spectacula, fashionable, gorgeous, beautiful. They are the most special girls on the earth.

As for those guys who don't like them, I think they are sucks and have a bad taste some of them can't deal with a EMO girl. I always have a feelings, I don't know I'm worng or right.

I think all these EMO type girls compared with the ordinary girls their styles make them outstanding. They are so different, Those ordinary boring boys, in front of them, have no confidence, but don't want to admit, then say they are fake , they are weird, judge them all the time, In fact the opposite they are the coolest girls ever ! Only the gothic girl can compared with them.

All the girls above they are very pretty and cool, except Alex I liked the last two girls. EMO not just a teen trend, It's a fashion sense. I've seen some of EMO scene models. If I want to, I can keep the emo style whole life.

• All I wanna say is , These Emo girls so evolved.

• Yes! You can keep ur style ur whole life. I think theyvare defiantly the coolest girls ever and the guys are coolest guys ever. My style isn't as cool as theirs but oh well

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 40

• Because many of them still haven't mentally grown past middle school.

• I dont. As long as they dont hurt themselves Because its a "trend" everything is Alright. Some of them are pretty cute. But a lot of them dont know how to make up or haircut and then it just looks cheap and unclean. Your photos are only examples of girls who know how to use make up, and they have amazing hair, thats maybe 30% of them.

• Most guys don't like them, because they assume all girls who dress and look that way are heavily depressed. I know better though. I know that its just a style and it doesn't necessarily mean that you are depressed and/or suicidal.

I thought most of those girls you posted were super cute and would totally date them if i knew that they werent going to hang over me like a dark cloud of depression.

• The only complaint I have is too much makeup. I prefer a girl who likes to get down and dirty more often than she likes to make herself up. Nothing wrong with makeup, just save it for special occasions.

• I'm not into these weird nose ring things and piercings and stuff, I really don't like the way they look.

And they probably would be like a 180 degree opposite of my personality and we'd just rip each other apart.

• They're arrogant self-entitled tarts who think they're better than you and look like they have no idea what a camera is when they take ten billion photos of themselves in slightly different positions. They're like Ricky Gervais if he had tits.

• Because there are so many "alternative" girls with mental or personality issues. And the second girl looks just straight up ridiculous. Often when someone tries to look as difference as possible, its because they dont have much personality on the inside, so they are trying to compensate by wearing it on the outside. Out of all of those girls I would only consider dating the first one, and even then I think she'd look better without the blue hair.

• Because it's freaking ugly. It's unfeminine and scary at the same time, and I can't get into my head why anyone would want to do that to themselves...

• I don't care what style someone has as long as they're cool.

• Like others have said, it's way too fake.

• Its just such a childish style to me now. I used to really like emo and now I look at the style and think it looks ridiculous. I think a lot of people have had this emo/scene/punk as a teenager and then they grow up and look at pictures of themselves like "wtf was i thinking" If you're past the age of 24 and you are still emo, you need to stop

• I emo girls are hot I like died hair (red is my favourite), I like piercings, tattoos and the way they dress. I don't like loads of makeup but black eye shadow is nice.
    a girl doesn't need all these for me but I do like that.

• Hahahaha the typical xxxxBiersuck teenager.

• Because it's fake as fuck. Out of all of them I would only go for the first one and the last one.

• I don't "Dislike" them, I just think they look too unusual. Too distinct. I don't know how to explain it. Most guys prefer more natural looks.

• Just not their style.
    I don't much care for the look, but if a girl is hot then her being a scene girl won't change that. But 60% of the just look like they are trying to hard to me.
    But again, that's me. Not really my style

• Most of the complaints come from not liking the tattoos, not liking the piercings, or not dressing "girly" enough!

• I've never been into emo, it's not my style at all.

• Because i think it is strange style. Respect to u.

• I don't know, I love them. not all, I'm a little bit picky but crazy hair, piercings and tattoos is something I generally like on girls. like the first picture, I like that a lot.

• Very sexy!!!

• I like then. The first pic you posted is super hot!!!

• Because they're all 16 and under. They also suffer from "special snowflake syndrome", listen to shit music, and are going through their l0l im s0 randum xD phase.

• Personally I love the look. I myself used to look like that back in the day. but now I have the most weird ass combo of emo hippy. But yeah I love girls who look like that and wish more did. what do you look like?

• They are not all bad it just depends and don't ever get a septum ring please.

• The main problem for me is they all look very young

• Can you explain to me what emo/scene girls are?

• Well basically their style of hair, clothes and makeup looks like that or similar. And a lot of them listen to metal/rock music or electronic or whatever it's called

• Well, I wouldn't say I don't like them. I just don't understand why they would want to dye their hair at least.

• Why the fuck does every emo/scene girl have the same haircut?

• Well for one piercing on face looks hideous and some emo people seem like they try too hard...

• Not at all who said that?

• I honestly love that scene girl style. except for the second pic, I'm not feeling that but she's still hot tho

• People on here and in real life I've said they didn't like the look and I just wanted to know why

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 9

• Because it's a basically a "teen" trend. When you are a adult you tend to grow out of it when you realize you'll never get a professional job looking like that and it is more of a teen thing than a adult thing. It stops looking that cool to you when you reach a certain age.

• It depends in what field you re going to.
      If it s arts then it s common.
      In my department I Have instructors that look like that :p

• @archiz

Yeah I'm sure in the arts it's acceptable to look like that but I'm talking about most other career fields :)

• Yea I know :)
      I am just saying it could be a lifestyle choice.

• Probably because it's a fake look. Guys generally don't want a girl who is slathered in heavy makeup like that, covering her actual face. When those girls wipe off their makeup at night, they're going to look totally different.

Also, all the emo kids I knew back in high school had a lot of emotional baggage (hence where the term "emo" came from)... that's not really attractive. This is a style that only emo guys are going to be attracted to.

• It s an eccentric and bold style.
    Not everyone likes it or else it wouldn t have been eccentric :p
    I like it though.

• i don't know but a lot of boys in my area prefer girls with conservative looks.
    irked me for years. they kept telling me to tone down.

• I don't like the hairstyle itself but I love the colors, piercings, style etc I find them to be hot af and I wish I looked like them too

• I like emo chick and emo guys in general.

• maybe its because that's not their preference

• too "unnatural" i guess

i dont like emo boys either

• Is this still a thing? Seems a bit played out but it could just be because im not a middle schooler or freshman in high school anymore. lol