Apple shaped women, attractive or gross?

So apparently, I am apple shaped. I have had people tell me I am rectangle, hourglass, hourglass and diamond, hourglass and apple, and a cross between apple and hourglass. In all honesty, I feel they are bullshitting me in order to give me a confidence boost. No thank you, I would like a real confidence boost, a genuine one, and the truth about my shape.
My measurements are 45-38-45. Firstly, I want to know if I'm curvy. Secondly, I want to know if I am an apple and if men can ever be attracted to an apple shaped woman. I've included pictures, the one where I am biggest is the most recent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I kept seeing this topic in the live feed - and I wasn't going to click it because I am sooooo not into "apple shaped" women.

But...

I have been to Walmart and I have seen "apple shaped" women and I wouldn't class you as one... yet.

The fact is, you are a very attractive girl but you need to spend some time on a stair stepper. I'm not slamming you - I have been in gyms for 30 years and see gals like you come in all the time - and in very short order they transform their bodies.

I can see you have curves there... you just need to dig them out a bit.

And you'll feel so much better and be comfortable wearing MANY more different kinds of things.

• Thank you! This has to be the most honest and constructive feedback I've received :) I've lost 30 pounds since the picture at my biggest just from diet alone. I can't afford a gym right now, so what exercises would you suggest to help me lose weight, but keep my curves? I guess to give me an hourglass illusion?

• You will not lose your curves... if you can't afford a gym then cardio a couple of times a day for 45 minutes. Running's not a bad idea - but I think you'll stick with it better if you have a nice eliptical or treadmill.

You really would do better with a personal trainer... but those cost money.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you like to be fat? ... we can't see your true shape since it's all surrounded by fat... so you have transformed into an apple shaped human. It's bad considering you're putting your life at risk. As far as men go, though the vast majority go for smaller girls, there are still plenty that will find you attractive, especially if you have a charismatic personality.

• That's not how it works.. Fat distribution is a big factor in what body shape you have. For example: Pear shaped women will gain weight on their hips and butt, and apple shaped women will gain in their midsection. She would still be apple shaped had she been smaller, you can't change your body shape, only decide how much it is gonna show.

• Now, will I ever look like Kate Upton? No, probably not. I'm wider than her based on my bone structure and the smallest I've ever been is 130. Anything below that, I look emaciated. Yes, I've legitimately fantasized about being 115 to 120 pounds but due to the fact that I have a wide, stout, stocky (whatever you want to

• call it) so being that thin, and being wide, makes me look even more gross than I look when I'm fat.

What Guys Said 24

• Picture one and three look very nice. I am guessing you are an apple shape and it looks nice. You need to make yourself see your body as an attractive figure. Seeing yourself in a negative way will only hurt you within your head. Takes time but it works.

• Hourglass? No sweetie, someone misinformed you. You definitely don't have an hourglass figure.

• She didn't claim to be an hourglass.

• Are you curvy? NO. You're fat.

• Someone really hurt you at some point, you're so emotional..

• You are fine. Curvy, but definitely more apple-shaped. You will have a boyfriend. You are definitely the kind of woman a man likes to sleep with on a cold winter night with the windows open. Besides "the bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'..." I was with a girl built like you for 26 months. She was fine and I perhaps should have married her.

• And you are a bloody liar

• I didn't say she wasn't fat. I'm simply saying that her figure, while not perfect by any means, is not exactly repulsive either. Google "Rubenesque" for an education about the variability of "standards". In the past, women like the young lady pictured were considered very desirable over the waif models of today. The reason for this is based on evolution: a woman who is heavier has enough to eat so she is more capable of bearing children and keeping them alive (especially through the winter) than a thin scrawny woman. A woman who was heavier usually was in a wealthy family because the skinny women were the poor women and were skinny because they couldn't afford to eat. So, with these things in mind, heavier women were more attractive. Also, if a woman is too thin, she will stop ovulating because her body interprets that the environment that she is living in is too stressful to support any kids and, furthermore, caring for kids adds to the stress of her staying alive.

• Maybe this will help you understand what I was saying:

www.thebeautybiz.com/.../beauty-through-ages-renaissance

"Beauty through the ages - The Renaissance
      A historical period when real women were idolized
      Author: Charlotte Kuchinsky August 5 2007
      ...
      Body Type
      Women of the Renaissance period did not concern themselves with things like a few extra pounds of weight. In fact, just the opposite was true. The ideal beauty of that era was more voluptuous than perhaps any other time in history. Paintings from the Renaissance period often focused on women who would today be considered fat. However, at that time, their figures and forms were considered the height of sexiness.
      ..."

• Curvy is typically in reference to an ideal waist to hip ratio. With the hips being noticeably wider than the waist.
    I would say no to you being curvy.
    There are always men who will find any woman attractive.

• Not necessarily "gross", just... well, fat.

• The right diet and exercise can fix that though.

• You are pretty the way you are. It is more about what you have to off like humor, intelligence, if you are fun to be around, how caring you are etc.

• Yeah definitely apple shape. Nothing against you, but since when overweight women got the idea that they are curby.. smh
    But as long as you're happy that's all that matters, there are guys that like big women.

• ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh face palmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• I like hour glass figure... So nope... Sorry

• They're not gross by any stretch of the imagination, but they are not my type of woman.

• I've been in love with a girl whose body looks like yours in the last pic.
    It's not unattractive to me, but it's not the best in the world either

• You look so cute & nice &gorgeous. You breast & thighs are most attractive.

• Not attractive at all to me

• I see nothin wrong, I'm ok wit it.

• I see nothing wrong with the way you look

• i like mangoes.

• Now.. who like apples anyway? Meat is much btter

• Thats what an apple shaped woman looks like eewww!

• Again, clearly you're ignorant. No, a slim apple shaped woman doesn't look like me. Obviously, I'm not slim. I thought this was plain as day? I guess not. If you feel apple shaped women are "ew" then I suppose Angelina Jolie is "ew" and Catherine Zeta Jones is "ew".

• lol it's men like you that live to be miserable and alone. 18-24? That's where your age lies at? I was guessing more around 14 maybe 16. I can change my body, you can't change your shit personality. I pity you for that, seeing as you've got to be one of the biggest bitches I've ever stumbled across. Get off my shit.

• Im not single. I just want prefer people who take care of their health. My wife just had a baby and is already back down to size9 . Now she has what are called curves.

• lol @ saying "im this particular shape" rather than admitting "im fat"

• I never stated that I'm not fat. Whether I'm fat or not, the shape of the body generally remains the same, unless I'm a dumb shit and sit in complete denial of the fact that I'm fat. THEN yes, I would be fucking "ball shaped". Yes, I put on a significant amount of weight, I had 2 kids in 13 months because that was MY choice. I developed hyperthyroidism during my first pregnancy and have been treating it right ever since. I then decided to become a single mom due to the fact that the father of my children wasn't the man I thought he was. He's insane. So I let myself go, and have developed a thyroid condition that makes it harder for me to keep weight off. I take medication for my condition and I eat healthy. Never once, in this post, did I at all state that I'm not fat. Read before you make an ass of yourself. That way you'll just sound like an ass instead of sounding like an ass that's a complete idiot.

• thing is there's not much shape left. thats all.

• work out, eat right, get to a healthy weight, and you'll be looking great in no time.

• No you are not curvy, and men are attracted to the apple shape also.

• I can imagine you as being a 7/10/when you come down to a weight of 119/lb

• Gross :(
    I prefer girls with inverted triangle shape (sporty and athletic girls).

• they are bullshitting you. you have an apple shape i guess? i don't wanna sound mean, but you're just kinda fat. not like morbidly fat, obviously, but beyond the thick/chubby borderline.

What Girls Said 4

• you look fine. you are curvy in the chest and have slim legs, so you should emphasize those bits
    and yes you are apple - you are thick in the middle. but, a large part of that is due to bone structure, which is out of our control, so can't really fault you on that
    if anything, you would look better with improved muscle tone

• Definitely not my type but not gross. There are many beautiful women in all sizes.

• You definitely have an apple shape. The bonus of that is that you have nice and slim legs and big boobs.

• Apple shape