Meet my cousin. She doesn't think she's beautiful, and douche bags on here haven't helped her any. Opinions?

Jerks will be reported.

The "Douche bag" comment in the title was an inside joke between the two of us, which was purposefully placed there to cheer her up/make her laugh. It wasn't specifically targeting people, it was a joke you wouldn't have gotten unless you asked. If you're taking it roughly, you may want to rethink how you've treated people online, because the majority of people commenting have been incredibly rude not only here, but in other opinions I've noticed (which is hypocritical if you think about it).

Most Helpful Guy

• society should aspire to look more like her. If she spent that same amount of effort focusing on herself instead of others, imagine what potential she could achieve. She wants society (or at least GAG) to accept her, but she can't even accept herself. She's beautiful, and she's only 16. She kind of reminds me of my unrequited crush at the moment :( FACT: We all have issues, i'm trying to gain attention from an old friend/crush and your cousin is trying to gain "acceptance" by others. My issue has lasted long enough (9 months) possibly more to come too, but I know there will come a day when I will look back see how narrow sighted I was, and how grand the bigger picture actually was the entire time... I can only hope that day comes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she's pretty. It isn't easy out there for girls, especially if they don't feel confident in their looks. Add to the fact that everyone has an opinion and can be nasty for the hell of it surely doesn't help matters either. I would say to your cousin to write down things about herself that she likes or that are positive and unique to her, and post them in the mirror or wherever she'll see them daily. Most importantly, it is important for her to realize that the only opinion that should matter is her own. A lot of people have things they dislike about themselves, so they project their insecurities on others to feel better.

What Guys Said 27

• Well, I think she is absolutely adorable and, if I was 16, I would consider myself privileged to be her boyfriend.

• Hey ! It's @Homicidal_Queen ! :-)
    She's definitely a looker. Why would she think otherwise?
    Love that black dress ! Classy.
    The white dress looks great too.

• I went and took a look at her question (Can I model?)
      I read all comment and to be honest, I haven't seen anybody being jerks with her. Nobody said she was ugly. They only said that she had not the type of body required for modeling.
      I really don't think she should feel bad. Pretty much everybody agrees that she is beautiful.

• @brain5000 Also, I don't think being a model is only about being beautiful. Which she is, obviously...

• Hey! In all the questions she's asked about her looks I've said she's beautiful. She should focus more on the positive comments than in the negative ones.

• Then thank you for helping build her up. The negative can stand out more than the positive in most situations, so all positivity helps.

• Hey, it's Homocidal Queen

@HomocidalQueen I found Bambi :DDD

Dethklok is still better \m/

• Why is she out seeking my approval? Doesn't she have a mirror and and eyes? (I can see she has eyes - very nice ones!)

I feel a little bit too powerful right now. More powerful than I deserve to be.

However, all of that said, I would bang her.

• She's pretty with s great body.

Why do you need GaGs validation?

Some guys just post ugly comments to get a response.

• Your cousin looks lovely.

Preemptively being rude in a question on here isn't necessary, since that will colour people's responses, too. The hostility will make people defensive as they click.

• And those who are defensive show their true colors much more than those who aren't

• Being defensive is a natural response when facing aggression.

• The title is more of an inside joke between my cousin and I. And if people take it harshly, then that's what happens.

• She's absolutely beautiful/stunning and she seems very lively and/or fun to be around with.

• She's all good but by her body language and expressions, she seems unhappy. Maybe you can go for counseling, it may help greatly

• She looks fine, maybe try something different with the hair.

• she knows my opinion :P

• I myself don't find her my type, is she ugly? No not at all, just not my type.

• Thank you for wording it that way, something other people here don't seem to understand is that you can disagree, as long as you're polite about it like this.

• She's attractive 👍

• I saw the other question and agree that the majority of people were complimenting

• she asked if she could be a model, not if she's pretty and no, having some friends who are models, no, she doesn't look attractive enough to be a model.

• And people have been actually calling her ugly while saying she couldn't model. That's who the post was aimed at, not those who disagreed. If you aren't a dick about it, then we don't mind people saying she can't be a model

• so then why would she ask questions that could have the possibility for people saying she's ugly? and i read most of the comments, most of them just said she wasn't model material, not that she was ugly... in fact, most of them even said she was pretty.

• Remember, many people feel more comfortable using harsh words in private here

• I just seen some others she's drop dead gorgeous...

• Does it make me a jerk if I disagree?

• No, it makes you a jerk if you decide to use nasty terms to make her feel bad.

• Yeah I wasn't gonna call her ugly, but your post kinda made it seem like everyone has to agree that she is beautiful.

• Nope, it's just how you take it. I wouldn't force anyone to agree, that would be stupid. Just as long as they don't use as many harsh words as possible

• Don't know what your talking about lots of people on here and for the millionth type she is pretty here is basically what I think of social justice warriors and this song explains you perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

• Not sure how to take that?

• I know how I phrased it, it's sort of an inside joke between the two of us. The title was there to help her mood as well, trust me, I've taken debate classes and I understand that insults are the worst way to debate. This was a little conversation between us, and if people took it badly, then they may have a bit of guilt being those who were calling her names.

• Oh okay got yah anyways peace out well if there is one way I could really help her tell her that she should focus more on the positive comments about her than the negative. We all have dealt with negative comments but being interested in the more positive comments is way healthier and better. Insults are bad for debates I agree but if you feed into those insults it will give the person more of a reason to keep at it with those insults for me I just deal with insults in a more positive way in real life I make light of the situation or just keep my cool which i know can be hard to do but it usually works and gets the person to stop. If someone makes fun of her she could always just make fun of them with a smile and happy face it will hurt twice as bad when she insults them back.

• Beautiful.

• So you will report "jerks" which I'm guessing are guys who don't say she is beautiful.

Ok here we go. She's ugly.

• Actually, I'm reporting those who use nasty words to disagree. Not that hard to simply disagree about her being attractive, it's another thing to use hurtful terms against her.

• Don't threaten to report people it brings out the jerks

• Not really, just the idiots

• The real question is why is she so paranoid about her looks

• The real question is why do people put her down enough to make her paranoid about her looks

• Yes, as well as people who have messaged her here and commented on her posts

• Really, thats surprising because she's obviously a great looking girl

• She is pretty.

• Beautiful I think

• she is sexy as hell

• She makes me hard

• If people in here were mean to her after her modeling thread, why would you post the same pics again, while letting them know how upset you are? You're inviting in more hate.

• She's OK, for what it's worth. I don't appreciate being called a douchebag though

What Girls Said 15

• omg these shots r wonderful and so is she! =] confidence takes time, and with ur support I'm sure she will find it in time. ur both still young.

• Of course she's beautiful. I just think a better assortment of photos that aren't so blurry would be better.

• They were taken on an old phone by a teenage girl, but we've been working on getting a better camera and working on the way we take pictures. Thanks for the feedback

• A new camera will definitely help the quality! She's beautiful nonetheless.

• I really don't think she should rely on a site full of stranger's opinions to help build her self confidence.
    Especially since the negative comments get to her so much, she's beautiful and should learn to accept the positive comments because she'll never be satisfied if she keeps pouring her energy into the negative ones.

• Unfortunately this is the issue with turning to the internet to find self esteem. She should be looking for approval from nobody but herself rather than relying on the opinions of others to make herself feel good. It's extremely toxic and unhealthy to give people that amount of power over you.

I think she's a beautiful young woman nonetheless, I just hate to see people resorting to such things rather than building self esteem through healthier means is all. I mean no disrespect.

• It's a lot harder to love yourself than you would think, she has gone through a lot of rough things in life, so a few negative comments here can't overshadow anything going on in her real life. But the positive seem to actually be helping, so thank you

• Glad you got through it

• Thank you, I hope your cousin finds a way to boost herself up eventually.

• she is very pretty tell her i said so. She should not think so badly of herself because she is a masterpiece in someones eyes.

• This is definitely not the place to get validation from. Especially if her self esteem can't handle it. People are hella blunt here. I don't think she's ugly. And from what I've saw, most people here don't either. Maybe she didn't get the answer she was looking for with the model question, but she shouldn't focus on the negative so much. Remember, this is the Internet and these are strangers.

• Tbh you saying jerks will be reported is immature, but you cousin is gorgeous and if you already know that why are you advertising her all over a random website with strangers. Why does she need opinions by creepy old men and weird women who don't have lives...

• I was being honest, I didn't know that honesty was immature. My bad. I am reporting those who use rude terms, not those who disagree about her being attractive.

• K, if you're going to attack people, don't be on here

• Haters gone hate

• Not thinking someone is attractive, doesn't make you a douchebag. If someone wants reassurance about their looks, a website where people can comment anonymously is NOT the place to go. Keyboards make people brave, and they say things they often wouldn't in real life.

Your cousin is not ugly, by any means. She's a bit above average, and looks great in the dress in the second photo. It's good to be confident, but realistic, about our looks.

• I didn't say you couldn't find her attractive, but when you're self conscious being called hideous by people who don't know you can hurt. By all means, think she's unattractive, but don't call her nasty words.

• I don't think she's unattractive, I said that.

And in all seriousness, if someone has low self-esteem, the internet is not the place to go. People are nasty when they can hide behind a screen. Why give them ammunition, and make yourself feel bad in the process?

• She's very pretty! She can't take the people on this site so seriously.

• Well she'll have a helluva higher self esteem if she stops trying to get compliments from rando's on the Internet.

• Not exactly

• I meant on this post, she's made one before hand, and got rude messages.

• Which further backs my point that there ARE assholes on the internet, so. Better to remove yourself from the toxic environment instead of continuously plastering your photos everywhere to receive negative feedback.

• Your gourgouse honey 😊

• Weren't their questions about her becoming a model? I don't think I'd call her beautiful based off my personal taste.

• This doesn't have to do with her being a model or not, this has to do with the people saying she can't model because she's ugly, which she isn't.

• So, you missed my point. I asked if there was a question, so the answer to that is yes. I don't find her attractive.

Not all models are attractive. Some are pretty damn weird looking. She could be a model... You don't have to be pretty to be a model.

• She is really pretty!!!

• Why the hell would anyone say she's not gorgeous?