Should I burn my face and accept the fact that im ugly?

i almost hit my face with a mirror , i hate my looks always did, and i hate morre when people tell me im pretty

Most Helpful Guy

• Please, you came here and asked this very difficult question for a reason. Although I do not claim to have an answer for this complex and confusing state of mind, I do have this; I have experienced something similar in a precious friend in my life. She is now 28 years old and hates the way she looks in many different ways. The starnge thing is, she is very attractive. It is not attentiin she is seeking. On the contrary, she hates attention, especially when it comes to her attractiveness. She even self harms, but not in a way we usually think of regarding self harm. She notices the smallest blemishes, maybe even imagining some to a degree, and she tries to claw them from ner flesh. This leaves her terribly scarred at times and she always regrets it, knowing she has made things worse. No words can seem to reach her and she is a brick wall when it comes to advice. She refuses to accept and kind of treatment for emotional issues, yet dumps large sums of money into cosmetic (dare I say) solutions! All of this is doing even more harm to her. Everyday, she withdraws more and more fromsociety and even life. She now suffers extreme anxiety just going to a simple doctor's appointment. She is literally driving herself agoraphobic. She met an amazing young man online who moved thousands of miles to be close to her and help her through this and it has been over a year and she is terrified to meet him for fear of rejection over physical concerns. I am watching life slip right through her fingers and it hurts me deeply. I have a few things for you. One is a story I will greatly summarize due to space. It is about a man who lived by a river and recieved several warnings to escape, all of which he ignored because he was faithful God would save him. Ignoring the help in the form of a weather report, a policeman, a boat and finally a helicopter eventually caused his own demise. When he met God he asked why He didn't save him. God said, "Son, I sent you a weather report, a policeman, a boat and a helicopter! What were you waiting for?" Too often we get this idea how help is supposed to look and we miss the help that is offered. We want a relationship to heal when it is toxic and needs to go. We want to feel pretty when we need to accept and love ourselves. Please don't harm yourself and make your journey any harder. Please seek professional help and have an open mind that it can help. Here is some info I pray will help you. God bless you, my friend :-)

www.everydayhealth.com/.../...your-appearance.aspx

• thank you so much <3

• Well that is why you're the most helpful opinion. That was lovely

• @Asker I am humbled to recieve the MHO for your sorrowful question. However, let us not forget to give glory to God for it is He who helps us to help one another. I ask you to please give professional help another chance. You are worth that much and so much more. Don't give up. Again, as I stated below, please message me privately if you ever want to talk. Do so before you hurt yourself. I promise to keep your secrets.

@Conflustered and @archiz Thank you girls for the kind words :-)

What Guys Said 22

• and still no pics. How are we supposed to determine if what you are saying is true?

• 1. i know im ugly
      2. i have been single for a long time
      3. even people on here refuse to talk to me

• 1. one is not capable of judging one own's appearance, ugly or pretty
      2. many people are single for a long time, it has nothing to do with appearance
      3. that's because of your attitude, not your looks

• @OnionsNstuff is right.

• There was a chapter in this manga where this girl thought she would become hideous when she reached a certain age. She was so strung up on that she'll look bad that she decided to take it into her own hands and lit her face on fire. Turns out, it was a lie and she wasn't ugly and never was going to be ugly but she had already burned herself and made herself ugly. Don't burn your face.

• i don't think i will burn it, mostly just hit it with a mirror
      and i really lost hope , and no not everyone is beautiful

• thank you :)
      i really hope at i can find someone

• @pathetic-dude You had me up until the derogatory term used for female addicts who become desperate. Certainly a man like you can come up with a better comparrison. I have seen how powerful of a grip drugs can have on people and they don't always have a choise in those dark moments. Just think of the guilt and shame they suffer from, even years after they escape the bonds of addiction. I know from your words you are more compassionate than that and you got so caught up in trying to lift this young lady's spirits that you just weren't thinking. Anyway, we all need a little reminder now and then. I make similar mistakes from time to time. On another note; it sounds like you and the author of this question would make good friends. Maybe you should exchange Messenger contact info and get to know one another better? Hmmm, interesting prospective. Good luck, you two!

• Well if you think burning your face would not make you any more attractive, but do as you wish. I personally don't think it is s good idea, but hey! It is your decision to make. Just make sure the decision makes sense.

• at least , then i will not have any false hope and get hurt again

• Nah, you will have false hope and you will retrospectively realize it was a horrible idea

• Weeeeeell you could do that... I mean yeah you could do that. I don't see the point. But if you think it's fun, you know, whatever floats your boat :)

• No, because that will physically damage your face for life or may even kill you.

I think you should go see a therapist, your lack of self esteem is very unhealthy.

• i really don't care about myself, if i had the courage i will had end it years years ago
      i know you are right, but i can't hep it

• No you should not, and you should really get some real help for these problems. They will not get better on their own, and it sounds like they are getting way outta hand.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N0yXGVWS1Y

embrace your inner spongebob

• hun, i'm sure you're beautiful. don't let anyone tell you different, not even yourself. you are all some guys can think about and that much i can assure you

• May I see a picture?

• too ugly

• Then let me see so I can have a chuckle.
      Kidding aside though, I think you are over thinking your looks. I find myself attracted to features considered unwanted on a woman's face and body, and now I am curious to what you consider ugly

• Aw, don't say that. My first girlfriend was below average unattractive, Im pretty sure even by G@G standards. At first I wasn't interested at her but her friends were friends with my friends so we hung out. We got together cause we became friends and know each other.

• Why do you let your physical appearance rule you? People are not solely defined by their physical appearance.

• Do what you want, it's your life. Just know that there's always someone out there who has it worse than you, and that makes your complaining infinitely selfish.

• i did not see him yet

• @MrEMann Yes I would say the same thing to anyone. Be as gentle and wussy as you wish but this is real life, not a fairy tale. There ARE people who have it worse, and they manage to get through life just fine. If you aren't happy with who you are, you seek counselling, it's really that simple.

• You can lead a horse to water... I just hope your careless words don't cause someone who is already in tremendous pain to make a bad decision. Our words have the power to help or harm. Advice to seek counselling is certainly good advice, but it is a very hard step for some to make. In her case, she claims to have tried it and seems to have lost hope in it. To me, she is worth the extra time it takes to treat her with compassion and gentility. If that makes me a wuss, I don't wanna be tough. However, I do have a feeling you would have chosen different words if you weren't hiding behind a computer screen. Still, insult me all you want if it helps you feel tougher. Just please be more careful with those expressing pain. Again, no reply is perfectly acceptable.

• Well that's dramatic

• you may become an actress and play in horror movies. Just think how much they are going to save on make up and face masks LOL

• not nto that shit but you can give it a try , i see a future for you there :)

• so, you think I have your ugliness? We may be related :P

• i never called you ugly,
      you are not funny

• A lot of women probably most seem to hate how they look. I am sure you aren't that ugly.

• if u look good you know it, its not hard to notice the attention they get so no

• No matter how much attention they get they are still thinking every morning "have I lost my looks is such and such prettier than me." I think women work so hard on their outfits to hide how much they hate themselves, while men dress modestly to hide their egocentric nature. I certainly do.

• Maybe you are exagerating? I bet you are not whaat you saay.

• nah, im not

• my face

• You are too harshto yourself.
      Attraction comes a lot from personality.
      Maybe all that anxiety that comes from you is the bigger blocker.

• if you're ugly... why burn your face?

• Don't do such a thing!

• Yea burn dat shit

• burning your face will only make it worse

• i don't know

• used to get teased about my small penis

• i think face is more important than penis

• u are so pretty ;)

• Attention seeking piety fail

What Girls Said 17

• Or you could get therapy since you're clearly a danger to yourself...

• they don't help much...

• @archiz See how she's leading you on and refuses to think about anything you tell her? The total lack of willingness to do anything that might improve her situation? She's trolling for concern and sympathy.

• I don t know about that, I am just trying to help 😅

• I'm vehemently against self-mutilation, so I strongly advise that you don't. Perhaps reaching out to a counselor could help you cultivate a healthy level of self-esteem.

• That's pretty extreme considering you've probably been hurt twice and ready to give up. Why do you feel such anger and aggression when people compliment you. I am sure you are beautiful even if you don't realise it and maybe counselling will help X

• counselling didn't help me
      i feel mad cus i know they are lying to me which make it worse

• @MrEMann me too shows someone has lived a little :)

• @Conflustered Amen, sister! Keep smiling and spreading joy! A day does not pass me by that I fail to laugh. I live to make others smile too.

• I understand how you feel. I look hideous myself and i know it.

We can be ugly together <3

• Why would making yourself look worse help.

If people tell you, you are pretty then you are pretty. Because you cannot see beauty in yourself does not mean its not there. It's all in your head.

Seek counseling, what have you got to lose?

• i know im ugly
      actually, i tried it before and no it doesn't help

• @MrEMann i tried it once but years ago and i didn't feel any change really and i don't want to go there, i will feel ashamed

• @asker Please give it another chance. You can't group all therapists together. It's not fair to them, and it's not fair to you. Also, you do not have to feel ashamed of how you look with anyone, especially doctors. I am sorry, I know it is easier said than felt. Please feel free to message me privately if you really want to talk. I will keep your online identity private, of course.

• Burning your face huh? I wouldn't want to live a life like that at all. People would ask you when you go outside or think, what is wrong with her face? The scars would disfigure your face to the point you'd fall into a deeper depression and you would not be able to turn it around with out surgery.

• Don't ever say that about yourself

• Luckily life is not all about how you look. Burning your face would only hurt a lot.

• it is, people only care about the looks

• i lost that right so i don't

• Then why do you think you're different than other people? Don't flatter yourself into thinking you're that special.

• Damn son calm down

• Nah, don't do that!!

• Yep I feel that way every time I look at myself lets both try it and report back

• Come on.. show us a pic won t you darling? ;)

• Yes, go for it!

• No! Never burn your face OR accept the fact you think you are below average looking. No one is ugly, unless their heart is ugly. Please dont get frusterated, to make yourself feel better wear makeup and pretty clothes. You can always change up your hair, too. Please dont feel upset, everyone is uniquely beautiful.

• Not trying to sound cold hearted but do you realize if your purposely burn your face then you will become more "ugly"? Just saying. I have suffered from self image problems since I was very young. It got to the point where I absolutely hated myself and didn't think I deserved a boyfriend because I considered my looks to be disgusting. Turns out, when you look at yourself in the mirror twice a day and preach to yourself about how beautiful you are, it actually starts to boost your confidence. Try it sometime. I've never been called ugly but I've always had that head thought burning through my skull.

• i can't look in a mirror , it jus make me feel way worst

• hell no, hating your looks may not be permanent but burning your skin is! The pain of that would be brutal.

• its permanent; i hated me since i was a child

• It does hurt when you cannot change your looks. I went years hating my ugly back that has a hump. I understand that it is not the exact same as my face. I want to just say that I have found a man that wants to be with me even with my ugly skin and back. We will never get to have the perfect look we desire so we must be able to survive emotionally inside.

• thank you so much, i understand , i just feel im going to be forever alone and that scare me

• Don't be silly! You might benefit from counseling.

• not going there

• Obviously the problem is not your face! It's in your head! None of us had the chance of choosing our face or any othe body part. So if your logic is true, that it's our face that's ugly, then the majority would feel dissatisfied with their faces to the point of wanting to get rid of it which is obviously not the case. So in conclusion it's a mental thing not a physical appearance issue!

• ^ what she said