My boyfriend rated me an 8 out of 10. Is that good?

I asked my boyfriend to rate me, and he said an 8 out of 10. I asked why, and he said I am not perfectly in shape yet. He's not either, we've both been working out and getting on shape because he wants to build muscle mass and I just want to tone up my stomach and butt. He said when I do this I will be a perfect 10. Lol, should I be offended that he didn't say 10 out of 10, or is that fine already? 😂 He's kind of blunt with what he says but he loves me a lot and he has proven it many times. I just don't know what to think of this, lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean... he didn't kill the opportunity that you are a 10. I actually think he helps you with this. This motivates you to continue visiting the gym instead thinking that you're fine and being lazy.

He would've killed it if he would've said "you're 8/10 but will never reach 10 cuz your face just isn't 10" you can't change your Face through work out. But he thinks your face has 10 potential, you're just a bit chubby, and this is something you can change.

Most Helpful Girl

• My friend had a boyfriend once who told her that if she lost weight she'd be a perfect ten. He said he was glad she was fat because if she wasn't she wouldn't be with him.

That same boyfriend raped her and threw her against a wall.

So...

I'd say it's not a good thing if they give you a rate and critique you like that.

Guys are supposed to rate you a 10/10. You get a genuine rating from your female friends. Like your close ones who know not to BS you. But boyfriends are supposed to always BS you on that subject.

• Aw that's totally fucked up. :( I don't think mine would do such a thing. This guy has helped me a lot. He payed for my therapy, and he even kissed my self harm scars.

• @SilenRose is the only one who picked up what I was laying down :p

• I understood too, I just didn't know how to put it.

What Guys Said 25

• Asking your guy to rate you is asking for trouble. He is either going to be honest and get blasted for that, or hi will lie and you will see through him and balst him for that. (And then not trust him after) Forget the "rating".

• he was honest with you and correct in his assessment, be happy about it.

• Nah he's just honest. I mean you asked for it. It's not like he was telling you this out of the blue to make you feel insecure and imperfect. Nobody is perfect, but he's just saying you will be with little tweaks which you can bring about.
    If you know he loves you, it shouldn't be a problem that he's honest with you about his likes and dislikes physically speaking.

• That's what I've rated most of my crushes (while I was crushing on them). I'd say my current crush is a 8.5 though.
    But I don't think 10's exist.

• It just means you're pretty but definitely not the hottest thing out there.

• if you ask him, do you want an honest rating or just him telling you what you wanna hear even if you know it's not true? an 8/10 is a very good number and if you say yourself that you have to do some toning then it's no 10/10, simple as that, unless he prefers it that way which is of course possible but rare.

the guy can only almost only lose with these type of questions... he gave you an good but honest rating, and you should appreciate it ;)

• Haha I think it's fine, he leaves you room to improve :D
    Read: to surprise him with even better looks!
    Next time you do something special for him in terms of outfit or make-up, ask if you'd get a nine :D

• Better than a 7/10 lol you are just fine, I would rather people be honest with me than falsify all that crap just to watch me fall later.

• 1- 7 and up is good
    2- at least he'll give you a 10, some dudes don't believe anyone can be a 10.
    3- he gave it to you straight up. at least he didn't say you were a 4 or 5.

• If he said you were a 10, and then after youu get yourself in shape we would give you 10 again, is it fair to be the same after all your work? :p

• I think it's good that he is honest with you.

• The definition of beauty is different from guy to guy

• I would think so, yes.

• 1-3 Bad.
    4-6 Okay.
    7-8 Good.
    9-10 Amazing.

At least that is how I perceive it.

• kind way of saying you are good the way you are. but I would like it if you lost some flab.

• Its a Trap Question.. similar to " Do you think my friend/sister is sexy?"
    Lets be honest, 8 is pretty good, and we all can be better.

• You bet that's above average

• Take it as a huge compliment, Rainbow! With a personality that's a 10, I think it's very good!

• He is 100% mother fucking SAVAGEEE... damn he could have at least said 10 to make you feel better... This dude has a side chick fo sho...

• Don't ask people to rate you. Even if it's a good rating it's not really a positive thing

• An 8 is an excellent score, yes that's good! #HonorRoll

• I thought you "hate yourself"?

• That's a good rating. It's never a good rating since the person is never happy with the answer. If a person dates somebody who they think is an 8, then they are pretty lucky.

• I agree with Red Arrow. Asking that is indeed trouble but an 8 is still very good.

• you remind me of ron artest aka metta world peace

What Girls Said 23

• lol i personally would never ask my guy to rate me. but anyway, i dont think u should be offended since u did ask. i think it's best to value his honesty here. and 8/10 is pretty damn good if u ask me, but again, id rather be complimented than rated.

just remember that when ur with a blunt person, it isn't ideal to have too many expectations or else u will be disappointed.

• Sounds as if you asked him a question and he gave you an honest answer.

There's nothing wrong with it. At least he gave you a reason, right? And I know you were looking for a 10 and being charmed by him but you did trap him a tinsy bit. It was a bit like a test, that you sort of wanted him to lie and say "11 baby!" but another part wanted the real answer. Am I right?

But hey. We all want to be a 10 :) I suggest if you want a 10 answer, make it a bit clearer. Like "apart from my saggy bum, and by flabby tummy, and my jiggly boobs, and my clingable love handles, I'm totes a 12/10 right babe?" That's what I do - I list all my flaws so I can only get a charming answer :D Then he's honest and I hear what I like, win win!

• Honestly, no. I think he was being honest, loves you and obviously scored you high, but in truth so few people think anybody is PERFECT, you know? I think he's just a straight up do. Don't be offended. I think you look absolutely stunning and you kind of make me jealous. Lol.

• The guy was honest, but you're insecure and it's messing with your feelings. You fear there is more to it, that you're not enough...
    You asked, you got your answer and you know it. This question is not you seeking answers, but emotional support. Recognize that and go seek it out from your boyfriend. Not us.

• Also please don't take this as me saying you're insecure as if it's some flaw only you have. You're a female, I swear it comes packaged in, in that second X chromosome for all of us ladies... -_-

• Oh I won't. Thanks for your opinion. :)

• 8/10 is great.. but he's your boyfriend. to him you should always be a 10/10 no matter what in my opinion.

• Um... sure if it makes you feel good.

• Listen girlie an 8 is great and there's always room for improvement!
    Don't give your boyfriend anxiety by asking for a rating! He obviously thinks you're beautiful!

• i think its a good thing!

• Dont let them rate you. Because it is Ridicilous. You can be 10 to some and 4 to some. No need for that. It can be confidence harming you know. Just know that they find you attractive.

• Umm, you were asking for trouble with that one but at least it had a good outcome because an 8 is good lol. It's nice that you can be open and honest with each other though.

• I think he loves you a lot

And no one is perfect. he gave u a realistic rating

Although that rating does not translate well how beaytiful you are to him, believe me.
    <3

• It's pretty good. Since most people are normally a 5-7.

• No ones perfect that's pretty good. Wouldn't date anyone I view as under a 7.5

• He's honest and i think that's ok. Getting angry would just end up starting stupid fights.

• I'd be offended. But at least you know he's honest. I wouldn't be butt hurt about it.

• Yes, that's very good girly, he thinks you're beautiful, which you are :D :) <3

• That's a good rate. :)

• You can't put a number on someone's looks, that only makes you more insecure.

• Hah hah, I appreciate his honesty with you and you shouldn't be offended. However, I thought most guys would automatically say 10 out of 10 to the girl they're with.

• He shouldn't be rating you. That's superficial.

• No offense, but a good boyfriend that truly loved you would have thought you looked beautiful no matter what.

• Is an 8 good though?

• i guess so but when im saying is he shouldn't 'rate' u. A good response would be him telling you you are too perfect to rate or that you're beautiful no matter what.

• No you shouldn't be offended since you asked him yourself. If you get offended you will hive the impression that you can't handle his honesty.

• It's fine.

I think he gave you an honest rate and I also liked that he stated the reason.