Your face is ugly so you have to make up for it by having an amazing body?

Do you ever feel like this?
I think my face is average or even below-average for some people. So I want a fit/skinny body to make up for it. Like maybe a guy would date me if I am a 5/10 face-wise and at least 7/10 body-wise.

• I feel the same way
  • I've never felt that way
  • I used to feel the same way
  • Other or see results

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to think that, to be honest I accepted I got a good body... girls will tell me that. However I used to want to look better in the face always. I used to be told it looks like I was wearing make up cause my eye lashes were dark, long, curved or my lips were very red (unless I press then they were apple red) heck I was told I should been a girl with my looks... It annoyed me but I grew up and lips faded a lot and my muscles started to show in my face now no more , now I look like a male. Now the ones that have those 10 faces I don't care cause I would not like to waste time keeping it a 10

Sorry if that doesn't make sense I got lost... math science. History was my thing not writing

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm no I am a package deal that's 110% awesome. And so are you. Don't fall into some crazy trap that makes you hate any part of yourself. You are an amazing person from toes to nose.

Seriously, do not depend on boys to validate or give you worth. They will always disappoint you. You need to do those things for yourself.

What Guys Said 21

• there is a guy out there who is going to fall in love with your face, and everything else that you worked so hard for, will be a super bonus.

• 4|0
  • Ever hear the term " put a bag over her head"?
    That's guys thinking when dealing with butt ugly but killer body.
    Bag it then tag it!!!

• it's absolutely false but yes i used to think that. Better to focus on your inner beauty which is going to last ofrever.

• Fit is different than skinny. Dont go weird diets girl. It's worse.

Like i said, i bet you are not what you think.

• I think you're a guy trolling for crap. Either that or you've got a real problem. It really isn't that much about looks for 90% of guys, for the other 10% maybe, but they're a******s anyway, so what do you care?

• U might look good once u workout and build a good body, when i was a fatso, i got no female attention now a lot of girls tell me they think i look good

• you do look really good!
      That's kinda what i want. Right now no guys even talk to me. hopefully after I get fit Ill have more confidence and they will notice me.

• thanks :)
      I wish you luck and hope you achieve your fitness goals, even now honestly my body is pretty fucked up (muscled plus chubby), it takes time and patience and its not always about attracting the opposite gender, being fit feels great, i mean its so much more comfortable to just sit without fat rolls aren't hanging out lol and you are right, you do feel a lot more confident

• Yas guys do dat shiz to get laid all the time so i dont see why u shouldn't do it as well

• If I were fat I would be ugly all over. That's what my mom said.. means my face would be more round and it would look fucked up

• It can help. Personally I workout because I dedicate myself to martial arts , the second reason though is because I want to look better.

• how bad could you be...

• I don't know and I don't care in that senss. I did pick up weight training 12 years ago to battle depression and physically do believe I have something to bargain for.

• Be with someone who isn't obsessed with looks. Be a good person and someone will fall in love with you

• Skinny doesn't equal fit! But in answer to your question a good all round 7/10 is good

• I'd say personality matters over body.

• will work lol

• My 1st girlfriend was kind of a butterface but that didn't stop me from loving her

• Don't listen to these ugly bitches. Yes you need to make up for it with your body

• Very saddd

• Nothing makes up for a fish face, so be yourself and only then will you become attractive to a wider range of girls. If your not true to yourself then your just a fraud, so be real and be seen for it.

• Do you have a rockin' bod?

What Girls Said 19

• ... no. I never wish that my body would be better to make up for my face. Even if that would successfully get you more male interest, would you really want to be with those kinds of guys, even though their interest is purely sexual?

• You can have an ugly face and an average body just fix the face up with some makeup and you can go from face of a 4 to a face of an 8! I've always felt that if I improved my body I would overall feel more attractive and therefore be more attractive. I never think faces are ugly to be honest since everyone has such a unique face to me I don't feel one is better than the other.

• Makeup is wonderful for some people, as a way to express themselves or as a way to boost a little confidence -- but it is by no means needed to "fix" you. Many people choose to not wear makeup at all, for several reasons, and they are still stunning in their own way.

• YeahI think so because so many guys will say how fit and sexy and how much they want to bang a girl when her face looks like something took a dump on it then died.

Some men have a saying: you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire.

• We also have a saying... sometimes the slightly less attractive women are the best in bed, because they feel as though they have to try harder!

• @oldanddecrepid yep, while the chunky girls are having awesome sex and then enjoying a full fat beer and some ice cream...

Tell me who the winner is :)

• @GirlScout... sounds better than reading cosmo!

• I feel like you do a lot. I was rejected by my crushes for having an undesirable body and it shattered my self esteem. I don't get complimented at all body or face wise. I do admit I was chunky so I decided to loose weight but for myself not to impress guys. If anything I wanted to show the middle finger to the guys who rejected me because of my weight.

• So you want your body to be ogled at and then when you turn around the guys are like "daaamn she's a butterface." (everything is nice looking but-her face)
    No you should want to do that for YOU so you're happier. not so some asshole guys can admire your body. You just have to be you, do what you want but it isn't all about looks hun.

• Nah, if you're ugly you're ugly... like when guys say, no matter what your body looks like I will still find you beautiful. I've never heard no matter how ugly you are, you're body is still hot and I love that.
    Also it's about the inside.. if you're personalty is ugly and you have a bad heart, you're going to be an ugly person, no matter how pretty you are.

• I don't care... I see many big girl with hot guys like it all depends right?

• Except don't go for skinny body go for fit, that is the most attractive. I get given shit for being too skinny

• Nope... never.
    But I do see a lot of girls like that... Mainly on the internet, though.

• I've never felt that way... but having an amazing body is awesome regardless of what your face looks like. It helps your overall aspect whether you're pretty or ugly. (and 'most likely' you'll have better health than those with poor body image)

• Nah, my face is fuckin' beautiful.

• if you want a better body, do it for other reasons than for thinking it will compensate for your face. i bet your face isn't as bad as you think. even if your strategy did work, why would you want to be with those types of guys?

• What you are referring to is a butterface, everything looks good but her face. There is many people like that out there. You see many people with not attractive faces but nice bodies. Or hot guys with ugly chicks with nice bodies. It happens a lot.

• No, I've always wanted to be liked for me and not for my body.

• Guys be confident!

• I actually like how my face looks, i could lose 10 pounds but i overall aren't disappointed with my body.

• Well I think my body needs work regardless of my face. Looking healthy is always better than looking unhealthy. Im sure your face is fine.

• Us girls think about how pretty we are too often in 90% of guys eyes you are gorgeous so don't worry just be happy and confident it's the key to success and love <3

• I knew a girl who had an amazing body and average face, and while most girls at our school found her attractive while the guys didn't. I don't know maybe my school was weird...