How do I get longer hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Don't cut it unless the split ends are being a problem. Once every 6 months to get the ends handled is enough.
    2. Take a Biotin supplement of 10,000 units per day. Not only will it help your hair, but your finger nails will grow faster and become stronger too.
    3. Learn about oils for your hair. Coconut oil is the easiest. Put some in an hour before washing... or you can put it in the night before and leave on all night. You can easily get this at any grocery store.
    4. Invest in quality shampoo and conditioner. Most store-brands will strip the health right out of your hair and build up crap you don't need. Quality products aren't cheap though. Check out:
    www.justnaturalskincare.com/.../...r-products.html
    Look for products that are sulfate free.
    5. Let it hair dry (versus heat) as much as you can. If you need to dry with a dryer or use a straightener or iron... make sure you spray on a heat-protectant first.
    6. When it finally gets to the length you want... never get lazy and cut it off again. The older you get, the harder it will be to grow back.

Most Helpful Girl

• The most stupid and most effective answer is don't cut it 😂I'm saying this because I have a few friends who always whine about how their hair isn't growing when they still cut it 😳
    Don't damage it, try not to over straight it or blow dry it, and keep your natural hair color

What Guys Said 3

• Don't cut it down so much. It will grow eventually.

• dont cut it

• Time. Time is the overseer of all things

What Girls Said 6

• Basically, just wait. Even if you stopped shampooing and conditioning for the next 6 months, your hair would still continue to grow, though I wouldn't recommend that course of action. It's simple really. Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, trim your ends every few months, drink a ton of water, exercise, wash/condition your hair on a regular basis, massage the scalp from time to time, and wait.

• What do u mean? it should grow lol. but to have long healthy hair, keep trimmed once in a while, maybe once every other month or so.. and only have them take off about an inch, that's it. ME, i hardly never get my hair trimmed, maybe 3 times a year or even once a year. but i have been told i have very healthy hair. i have about 21-22 inches of hair and still growing! Any more questions u can ask them, love trying to help out ;)

• The whole thing with getting your hair trimmed once a month, making your hair grow faster, isn't true one bit. Your hair grows from the top, not the buttom, so only get haircuts when the ends are split, or else it's a waste of money

• well yes very true but ur hair would be more healthy. at least that's what everyone tells me. and I don't actually go every month, plus I trim my own hair or my aunt does it so I don't waist money at all.. frankly there really isn't a actual way to MAKE ur hair grow. I have been growing mine out for a year now and its almost down to where I want it. nothing can make it grow but time and if u do get it trimmed make sure they take only the necessary off.. I have had a woman work on my hair before and she took WAY more than what I wanted. so technically just give it time. like I said I have been growing mine out for a year and I only trimmed it twice.

• and I was mostly saying keep ur hair healthy and not cut it so much.. so that it will grow better. and not to damage it so much ether, I never use a hair dryer or a straightener and hardly never use a curler

• I'm going to give you something other than the "don't cut it" answer!

This'll sound odd but get horse shampoo/conditioner. It makes your hair grow fast.

• Only cut it when your ends get very split, use a coconut hairmask (look on YouTube how to if you dont know how to) about once a week perhaps, and do a scalp massage for about 4 mins often. Oh, and eat vitamins! I swear this helps

• Eat vitamins B :)

• cut your split ends every 6 months, but not too much and you can't really do much more unless you buy a hair growth shampoo.
    If you just want to look like you have longer hair, you can use hair extensions :D