Do guys REALLY care what a woman looks like "down there"?

I'm not waxed because the skin "down there" is too sensitive so therefore I can't get a bikini wax or ANY kind of wax for that matter. I'm 18 and have never had a boyfriend who has seen me naked and I'm super paranoid that once a guy sees my downstairs he's gonna be like "You're not waxed? Ew." and leave or break up with me or something stupid like that. So I wanna know if guys really care that much about it or not. PLEASE HELP!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is your choice. Some will tell you that if it is a deal breaker with a guy, then he is not worth it. That is probably true. But a guy can still have a strong preference. For me, a woman's vulva is beautiful and extremely arousing. Having a full bush hides that, so I do not like full bushes. The barer the better. But if a woman trims that hair, then the beauty and arousal is there to see and that is good enough for me.

The other point about this is for oral sex. When one performs oral, he (or she) does not want to fight loose hairs in the mouth. Keeping it bare or trimmed solves that problem. So with sensitive skin you probably cannot shave either, so just trimming it will take care of those problems.

• He (or she) who has to fight loose hairs in the mouth is concentrating on the wrong target. ;-) Aiming at the right place will take care of the problem.

• the right place are the clitoris and the small labia.

• @jacquesvol - And those are surrounded by hair and hair does fall out and stick around the area, and get in the mouth from those locations.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm actually surprised how many men really care! But I'm not going bare for anyone.

Besides it being uncomfortable as your skin sticks together (and sweating in areas you should never sweat during the summer), it looks terrible. You look like a prepubescent girl!! No thanks.

I tend to either trim pretty low and shapely until it's soft and pretty with a small feminine region electric razor (don't know what they're called lol!), or do a landing strip with my normal shaver if I'm trying to be quick.

Definitely have to clean up my panty line all the time though. That looks terrible if you don't. And full bush is not super attractive to me either.

Basically, I do what I find hot. If you look fuckable to yourself... than you should look fuckable to the guy you like. Or find someone who agrees with that. ;)

My ex would constantly make comments about how I'd "look better with a tattoo", should "shave a bit more down there", etc. Honestly, if a guy is worried about petty stuff like that, when you're already hot, and YOU know it... There are probably some issues with him.

Td;lr : Do what makes you feel sexy; do what you think looks nice. Boys that care, won't care.

What Guys Said 23

• It is your body. as long as you are healthy you should be free to do with it what ever you want. that being said yeah, it can be a pretty big turn off if a girl has a bush but that does not mean she has to get waxed to be sexy. I will probably not go down on a girl unless she at least shaves. But if she is cute I would still have sex with a girl who keeps it natural.

• For me personally, I want my lady bare as can me... but it's not usually a deal-breaker for most. I don't think you have anything to worry about. When your guys gets all hot and bothered and you pull your pants off... he's really not going to care. He'll be so into you that after it's all over with, he probably won't remember if you were even shaved or not.
    Guys have a tendency to forget about everything else in the heat of the moment.
    Now over the long haul, most guys like a shaved woman (and some like a full bush). If nothing else, you can trim in close so he's not getting piles of hair in his mouth... but not actually "shave" it that it irritates your skin. That's an option.

• From a man's point of view, the options are 1. Have sexy time with a little bush or 2. Don't have sexy time because you're stuck up about her bush. If you think the guy is stuck up enough to choose option 2, then you probably need a new man.

• Wow, I'm the first go to have said no. I bet those other three are younger so I may not be the best to ask. I know when I was younger guys were more into being with the girl then how she handled her landscaping. As long as she was clean and sanitary the amount of bush didn't matter. Things could be different now though.

• I have my personal preference (landing strip) but it's not too important and the girl's decision, I'll respect whatever it will be. but depending on how much it is, it is probably better to at least keep it trimmed... but like I said, it's your decision so do whatever you prefer and don't care about guys

• I prefer at least some pubic hair. A complete bush is OK too.

• Depends if your dark hair. Black thick pubies are kinda nasty. And depends on how much of a bush. If you have alit like from front , to bum , between inner thighs. It's kinda nasty giving oral or penetration with them getting caught up between while going in n out scratches our penis bad.
    I wouldn't do this girl I dated because she had thick stubble between her legs scratched my face. My legs my every thing. Biggest blackest thickest bush ever. I was so ready to throw up.
    That's just me tho.
    Others like a bush. You should try to remove professionally or trim as best you can. At least when you start being sexually active.
    Blonds are dif. They have light pubes and usally not a lot.
    Don't take it the wrong way. Like I said that's just me. Others may dig a nice one eyed hairy clam

• I don't think guys really care in the end. In my opinion it's definitely nice when a girl is shaved or waxed. It's erotic in a way. But, most guys I know would be happy to just be getting any action at all. And I'm sure most guys you come upon would feel the same way. If they tell you differently, like they have so many sexual options that they can be picky, they are likely lying.

• If a guy reacted like that you would be better off kicking him to the curb. Maybe this is old fashioned, but if you know someone well enough to have him see you naked, he ought to care enough for you to not react badly about how much pubic hair you have.

• No I dont. Actually it can be even sexy if its trimmed and clean. This way I know this is a young WOMAN infront of me, and not a child.

• No it doesn't matter at all.
    As long as you don't have a full on bush I really don't care.

I shave so have stubble or short hair sometimes so I guess it's the same thing. Would you care?

• You should trim. Trimming is not shaving nor waxing, but you should trim.

• My preference is Landing Strip or just Well Trimmed. There are guys out there who like Shaven or full bush, but personallyat the end of the day when you're about to sleep with someone, I don't think it really matters. I think however if you're paranoid about it and the area is too sensitive for waxing/shaving I suggest well trimmed it looks neat and tidy and can also be as hot a Shaven or waxed look. P. s be careful with the scissors :)

• I prefer pubic hair.

• we kinda care we dnt want it to look like youve been pounded by a whole football team

and we dont want it to look like we couldnt fit a fingernail in there so yeah we care

hair wise i prefer a path of hair above it

• You only wish you could get a close up of one in real life.
      Tell us , how can you tell if a girl has been pounded by the whole football team by the look or size of her bush?
      That path isn't called a path you ride a bike on its called a landing strip fyi.

I wanna see what the pounded look looks like. Maybe it's all squished down and looks trampled down on?
      Please explain how I can tell. I'll inspect the girlfriend and see if she took one on for the team.

• @Theshaft169
      did you not se me say

"hair wise"

after i said that?

i was commenting on do guys care about how it looks

befor you come at me trying to be a smart ass make sure your argument actually makes sense idiot

• I like pubic hair on a woman.
    It's sexy, a turn on and it's a sign of maturity.
    But I respect a woman's decision on how she grooms herself since it's her body.

• i just don't want to be bushwhacking when i go down there haha im sure im not the only one who thinks this :P other than that im sure the guy won't care :)

• Do guys care? I don't know some don't

I do and I like it to be shaven. But if there's stubble and you can't help it, it's whatever to me.

• Personally I don't mind pubic hair but I would prefer it trimmed.

• It is ok if you shave. I can't wax my balls either.

• Some do, I'm not sure what proportion, I don't myself - I have slight preference for untrimmed but I don't really care if she's waxed or shaved instead.

Do you really want to be with the type of guy who would leave you because you don't shave? If he can't understand that it's too sensitive for you to shave there I don't think he's really worth being with, is he?

• Guy's care
    If there's hair
    Down there

• Uh, hit yes, didn't mean it.

well, i care. If you're bald, that excites me, if you're hairy, that excites me, trimmed that excites me.

your 'down there' in particular is always hotter than a vague theoretical down there.

What Girls Said 4

• Guys only cair when they want to do oral. Just get a pair of scissors and a comb and trim them if you are botherd. Most guys like the look of a well trimmed vagina.

• You can do other things than waxing I do shaving because its cheap. But I say if its not like a literal bush hanging on you then your fine but if its a bush you probably want to shave it off because 1. all that hair has sweat, bacteria etc so it probably stinks, 2. it can itchy for you 3. if you look like you have a man boner you should shave.

• Don't worry about the guys, worry about you. If you are comfortable with some hair down there, go for it. Don't ever change for a guy. Always be yourself :)

• I keep it shaved most of the time bc i like it clean down there, but my boyfriend doesn't care if i do or i dont. i feel sexier when its shaved, so overall, its a plus for me to have it shaved, but don't worry too much about it.