Why is THIS considered ideal and beautiful? Pics?

Sometimes, I feel like I have to starve myself to look like that. Why can't normal/average bodies be considered ideal?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not what I wanna look like.

I stopped looking at those kind of media so I with get influenced by something that I am not really into or don't want.

What Guys Said 107

• in my opinion those girls are far too skinny... to the point of looking like they have (and probably have) eating disorders.

• I find that genuinely unattractive. It makes me feel like there is something wrong with these girls to look at those pictures. So no, that is not ideal and in fact I'd say it's not even close to ideal. I will say this.. my experience with women tells me that they are usually far more neurotic about their bodies than the typical male. They just aren't capable of looking at their own bodies and seeing what a guy sees and they usually infer things that are negative in almost crazy ways. There's the other extreme to, but if you think these girls are ideal for most men, you are way off.

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...b-817c-3f395f69a91f.jpg Those are not the ideal body shape to most people at all. That body shape is only wanted by those who're in the fashion industry I'm guessing + if I saw 1 of those scares cows walking towards me in public I'd i0.kym-cdn.com/.../f68.gif at mach 7 for dear life because that stuff is scary.

• That is just eew, shivers run down my spine, thank god its Halloween, eew, x

• It really isn't considered ideal. That's a misconception. Guys typically don't find those girls attractive at all, because they look unhealthy (and they are).

• That is not considered ideal or beautiful, I have no clue where you got that idea from. I think that is only considered attractive in very niche fashion communities. The sexiest woman of 2015 according to IMBd was Scarlett Johansson and her body type isn't even close to those pictures.

• Literally no one thinks it is.

• Obviously that isn't true

• @asker When you say THIS is considered beautiful, it's only by people in the fashion industry. They are far from being a majority of people. Normal people think those girls are starving and probably fueled by cocaine. Normal men think it's ugly. So ThisDudeHere is almost right, it's literally no one but the fashion industry

• That isn't ideal or beautiful for the vast majority of people. Influential people in the fashion industry choose women that look like clothes hangers on which to display their wares. That fact says nothing about what is desireable in a healthy & attractive woman.

Don't belive me? Put down that copy of Vogue or 'W' at the news stand and then pick up ANY magazine aimed at a general or primarily male audience. Women like you have shown in your pictures above would only appear in an article on eating disorders or on the brutality of famine and war.

Men like women that look like they can bear children (full breasts & rounded hips, healthy skin, hair & teeth). These models look like children themselves, children that are chronically underfed.

• Guys dont think that's the ideal, women do. Runway models aren't chosen to be the representation of the ideal female body, they are chosen by gay fashion designers to be walking clothes hangers for their creations.

• That's too thin but it's closer to what's attractive than what society is trying to say is attractive today. Rule of thumb, be in good health and in shape and people will find you physically attractive; be at peace with yourself and know how to keep your stupid mouth shut and people will think you wise. Anything else is just a bonus or deterrent for the person that thinks they'd like to meet you.

• No, they're far too tall.

Models aren't an 'ideal' of womanly beauty so much as they are a living mannequin that clothes will look displayed on.

You want to see ideal women that men actually lust after, look at actresses and porn stars.

• No this is not ideal. This is very unattractive and unhealthy to me. To me, curvy is the way to be. Women like Ashley Graham is a good example :)

• That's ideal within the context of fashion. Though I would argue the examples you provided were not an accurate representation of what is considered by the majority as beautiful or attractive.

But it's important to note that beauty is subjective to each individual person.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then the person who is observing gets to decide what is beautiful. A common saying is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," which means beauty doesn't exist on its own but is created by observers.

• They aren't the ideal weight. They are underweight. There are rules for Ideal weight. If you tell me your heigth and are curious if you are ideal weight or close to it, I'll figure it out for you.

• 5 feet for me

• Around 115. But i don't look good

• @Dorrky chill.. You're 14 and not even fully developed. just try to keep this weight until you're 18. some girls are sometimes at 21 fully developed and start looking really good. You have time.

• It is not.

• First of all those people are gross. Please don't starve yourself. I knew a girl who did. It was so sad and it brings tears to my eyes when I think about it. I wish I could hug you through the screen. Who ever you, whatever your like someone thinks your beautiful and they will bring joy into your life and you will bring joy to theirs. Stop torturing yourself for the society that rejects you. Please if you ever are feeling upset and just need someone to talk to message me. I'll try to be there as best I can

• Those ladies are definitely not ideal. I wouldn't call them ideal and neither would any of my friends. They are far too skinny. They look anorexic to be honest.

• I don't like any of them, they are too skinny, I doubt with that body fat they could have a baby

• Most guys don't consider that attractive. In fact, most guys aren't even normally exposed to women like that. We don't typically pay attention to women's fashion or the runway models that promote their clothes. Those women aren't being dressed up and photographed for our benefit. They're mostly only in women's fashion magazines.

• Those bodies aren't ideal to must of us
    And if you actually pay attention on GAG you'd know that.

• I feel sick look at those and the one in the middle is fucking ugly and left
    These girls need, to eat, I'm all about being lean and thin but not like a holocaust survivor
    The dumb media makes you believe this whole all vict. Models are lean but not boney

• Well i guess it stems from all men being completely the same. I mean, this IS a pic taken from the homepage of everymanontheplanetsidealbodytype. com/letsmakewomenfeelbad so it's pretty cut and dry. I will inform the rest of the give mind you're into us.

• Run way model ideal and the ideal to almost all men are two different things

• I don't. They are far too angular, in face and body.

I prefer features that most people would consider cute, rather than features that most people would consider sexy.

Also, I like it when girls wear more casual clothing. (Jeans, t-shirts, etc.)

• Yuk. Way way too skinny. Hate it.

Remember models are there to show the clothes. Not necessarily the best bodies. None of these are good bodies.

• Only hipster artistes who were devastated by that painting of the two red rectangles getting nicked think that looks nice.

• Let me make this perfectly clear mostly that's women who think that that is beautiful. And mainly I think its cuz they fit into anything they put on. Is pure vanity and a real disappointment when I see this. Most men like a curvy woman with a bit of a butt a bit of boobs and some meat on her bones. Perception is reality the Mormon you ask the more you'll see a healthy looking woman is what most men want.

• you know runway models are supposed to look like coat racks right. No one really thinks this is sexy.

• I like skinny but not that skinny, Victoria's Secret is probably where I would look for "ideal" models.

• Who considers that ideal?

• More from Guys
    77

What Girls Said 40

• No.

This..
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b583e272a6.jpg

And this..
    amrafashion.com/.../amrafashion-spw0016.jpg

And this..
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...210dc820ec.jpg

And this...
    http://oi63.tinypic.com/34o2d1g.jpg

Are considered more to ideal than what you posted... However most chubby girls tend to think that when guys or people in general say to lose weight it means to be stick skinny as the models you posted on here... They look like that for a reason... They have to fit small size clothing to advertise it, yet it does not make it ideal.. It's just ideal on a runway. I really dislike when people say dumb things like this... Being fit or thin doesn't mean this scrawny appearance. 😒👎

• just stop asking these kinds of questio stop looking at people and seeing their body look at them and see them as a g human/ hate this kind of thing
    the only person alone ne who walks around and sees human beings and doesn't see anythign on the outward. TR'ULY some people ooo I don't see people for who they are on the outside, but they still judge them like that they god why am I typ[ing this I just took 3 benadryl one melatonin and I am about to pass out LOL I don't know what I am doing like now I need to lay my drugged up ass down and sleep I am on to many pills

• Honestly we're getting far out of the era where people find this attractive. Most of the man of G@G have attested this is not attractive and most women do as well, unless they are of a unhealthy mindset. Seems to be more common for people to what the "hourglass"/"curvy" body these days.

• Runway models bodies are not considered ideal. A runway model is supposed to be thin enough to model the clothes but not work them too hard (if that makes sense). They're not supposed to take away from the clothing. Notice how they're so thin the first thing you notice is what she's wearing. When at a high fashion runway show you're supposed to think "that jacket is beautiful" before oogling over the model. Instead of googling 'runway models' try googling 'sports illustrated model', that will be much closer to the universal idea of the ideal woman.

• It's literally not at all. If you look up actual ideals of beauty and the majority of models now a days then they are all athletic and have more curves. That is no longer the ideal of beauty and I can promise you if you are so concerned about other people hen I can tell you no one thinks that is attractive. no one ever thought it was attractive, it's just so happened that clothes in high fashion tend to look better on skinnier girls because they work as a frame for the clothing. I haven't seen any recent model photos where the models look like that. If you look at current models none of them look like that. Also do you know how many times I have been rejected by being too skinny. I have been shamed more in my life then I have ever been praised for being skinny. That is not the ideal of beauty look at pop culture and see the actual ideal of beauty.

• :O really? sorry but this looks unhealthy to me

• It shouldn't be :/ A bit too extreme.

• Because that's too easy!
    No, honestly that's just what is fashionable atm and you shouldn't worry about being like models. Be healthy and that is what counts! If you're healthy, you can be beautiful

• Trust me, no one thinks this is ideal or even attractive at all. Come on, use logic. The reason why you may think that everyone else believes that this is attractive is because "They are models and the point of modeling is to look attractive!!1!!1", but that's so not true. Models are just people with an average/pretty face and a very skinny, but toned, tall body and the reason for that is because tall skinny people are being photographed better and easier without looking thicker in any angles. Models are there to promote clothing, not to turn anyone on. The model standards from everyday standards is very different. The models you showed here are people who personally have eating disorders and that's why models like these are banned years ago, at least in famous model angencies.

• Hell fucking no. That's so sad and unappealing to me and a lot of others. Don't put them on a pedestal and strive and hurt yourself to be like them. It's unnatural and usually not appealing, unless the guy has some fetish or has no idea of the health implications of being than thin.

• No one really knows!

• that is not ideal. they are manequins in which you hang clothes, basically

You have to wear the clothes and for that you need a body to wear them.

The clothes are wearing those girls instead.

Besides that can be the ideal some people in the fashion business have for women

But nowadays people are promoting more and more the healthy look. Not fat too, but healthy.

• Why do you care what is ideal? Do what you love. Look the way you want to look. Stop caring about what's ideal! Maybe two years from now the ideal look would be to have 4 ears. You may not have to starve yourself for this, but it's not going to be easy either.

My point is you should look at way you want to look. By the way, most people don't like this look. I personally, don't find it attractive either.

• This is so NOT ideal or beautiful

• They look unhealthy to me. I wouldn't like to be like them.
    Don't change yourself because some crazy people consider this to be beautiful.

• Yeah, those bodies are ideal for RUNWAY MODELING. Unless you're a runway model, thereis no logical reason for you to starve yourself like a simpleton.

• I am naturally skinny not nearly as much as those girls but we should really all bodies beautiful. I am not a doctor so I can't judge but the one in the middle looks pretty bad.

• 0|1
  • I don't think those women are considered ideal by most people honestly.

• Nobody will really look like that unless you're a model or you're just naturally like that. Learn to be happy with your body. You shouldn't be like everyone else or else we would all be cookiecutters haha and that's no fun.

• I think it's about fashion, but yeah they're not really ideal. Well ideal for someone who'd model but not for an average person.

• well i dont know where your from, but everyone i know would say that is unattractive and im pretty sure anorexic.

• i don't know but a lot of people like that look

• different stokes for different folks. there's over a billion people on this earth with their own standers of beauty. just ignore the media and focus on the people around you.

• I don't know a single guy who likes that

• I wouldn't say that's the ideal. That's just how those modeling companies want their models to look like, not all modeling companies are the same. Ideal beauty is subjective anyway

• That ain't beauty girlfriend those are skeletons

• Where is that considered ideal? Not in America anymore 😂. I'm sorry but with all the breast and butt implants even the slimmest models are gaining a little weight

• By who s standard?

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. go eat a burger or sth, I'm sure you look perfectly fine!

• More from Girls
    10