Septum gone wrong?

I got my piercing done today on my septum and the ring is sitting crookedly. If you look at my nose from the bottom, the left side is higher (closer to the tip) than the right. Now this isn't a small degree of being crooked, it basically looks like a steep down hill. From the front it looks straight but the side no. My question is what should I do and if there are piercers out there please help. Is this just swelling or did my piercer mess up? Should I remove it now and wait for it to heal and repierce or should I wait until it heals and if it's still crooked take it out, heal and repierce?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like your skin dont like the material. But I have no idea about this stuff. That was just the first thing I thought of. If I was you, I would take out the ring and go to the piercer Monday to tell you whats happening. I hope for you it was an expensive, professional piercer and not a cheap but dirty one from a dark corner..

• The piercer I went to is proffesional and very clean and he told me he does septum piercings all the time. He has 10 years experience so I have no idea if it's just my nose or if it's his fault but it's just very crooked. One side is more swollen so I don't know if that's because he didn't hit the sweet spot, but I have no pain basically so I'm confused.

• Yeah just go to him on Monday.

What Guys Said 2

• In this case, what you probably didn't realize is that you may be one of the very large number of people, such as me, who have a "deviated septum". If that wasn't considered by the piercer, then an otherwise normal septum piercing would appear a bit off.

www.bustle.com/.../37873-septum-piercings-101-everything-you-need-to-know-before-you-go-under-the-needle
    "As is the case with many areas of life, size matters. The size of the jewelry depends on the size and shape of your sniffer. 'A girl came in with a deviated septum and wanted to know if a septum piercing would look right,' Tiny Tatz said. 'If your nose is not symmetrical enough, it might not look right. Ask your piercer about how they think it will look first. Put in a piece of jewelry to test it out, to see if you really like how it looks and if you really want it.' "

The lesson to be learned here is not to get piercings on your face or anywhere else except for maybe the traditional bottom of your earlobe. Better safe and sorry and do your "due diligence" (research) before making such life-altering decisions.

• I did do heavy research months in advance actually on the septum piercing as I was worried about infections and such. The piercer did give me one of those fake septum piercings and he put it in himself and told me that's how I'd look and it looked straight. After another month I finally go back and say I want it done. It's straight looking if you look at my face straight. But from down its very crooked. One side is swollen the other isn't so didn't he not hit the sweet spot? I have not much pain at all so I'm confused

• I would return to piercer if you have concerns apart from that I haven't a clue about piercings, sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• Go back to the place where you got it and tell them it's crooked, even if it was swollen it shouldn't be crooked. If you remove it now it may leave it open for an infection!