Should I get stitches?

its been two days and it still hasn't heald and its a wide cut as well
should i get stitches?

0|0
2|12

Most Helpful Guy

• Too dark to tell and your camera is weak. You should be advised to see a doc no matter what. Only he/she is truly qualified to make that call. However, if you are stubborn and want to get through this alone, you need some form of anticeptic cleaner for deeper cuts, (ask a pharmasist) an antibiotic ointment and butterfly tape. Be sure to apply the tape after the anticeptic is dry and be sure to keep ointment away from tape area so it can stick. Believe it or not, read the instructions for using butterfly tape. Itmis strong stuff. Good luck and pay close attention for infection. If infection sets in, get yo ass to a doc in a hurry. I hope your foot don't fall off.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• wow that looks cool! I think you should ask a doc

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• In those two days, infection may have gotten it. Also healing has begun, but because the wound was not stitched, the healing will be on an open wound and it will leave a large scar instead of healing as a closed wound. Don't waste anymore time. Get to a doctor and have it taken care of.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like in everything medical - If you have concerns check with a doctor, they are the experts and the best person to give advice required.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should go to the doctor and get it treated for infection as so they can clean it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • it just looks like a cut on skin so stitches don't seem to be necessary, but a professional would tell better

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should be concerned about the risks of a serious infection, which if it enters the blood stream can kill you in days. You need to go right away and get some antibiotics.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would suggest going to the ER and getting that looked at, you don't want to get an infection which could lead to gang green.
    Worse case you get stitches, best case you get some antiseptic ointment, gauze. bandages and having it wrapped.

0|0
    0|0
  • you should have gone for stitches long ago. judging from the redness and area, it could have infection in. go straight away to a doctor so that they can see to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to a doctor to at least get it cleaned correctly and a dressing put on it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't do stitches once it's been healing and past a day.
    Now it's going to scar instead of being a tiny little scar like a slice that fades

0|0
    0|0
  • ummmm yes go to a doctor.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Go to the ER and get someone to look at it! It also looks really bloody, you should go asap as leaving it open may lead to an infection, they might even tape stitch it.

0|0
    0|0