My boyfriend said I was ugly?

He told me i was ugly during a fight and that he's the only who would date me. Is that true?
My boyfriend said i was ugly?

• No you're not ugly
  • he's right

Most Helpful Guy

• What kind of boyfriend would say something like that? The kind who is not a true boyfriend. If he can't control his anger then he is not worth being with. And finally, you look very nice. No signs of ugliness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Drop him. This isn't a debate about whether you're attractive or not because this isn't the main issue here. The true issue is that you're dating someone who belittles you, takes you for granted, and doesn't believe in your potential. Why would you want to date someone like that? If the answer is 'because I like him,' then you need to start doing some soul searching and questioning yourself if being with someone like this is the best for you (hint: someone like this is completely not the best for you). Nobody should ever make you feel not beautiful, and if that happens from your significant other, then that's a clear flag that you're wasting time with someone who doesn't care about you the way he should.

What Guys Said 18

• Your boyfriend is an idiot.

• He sounds like a manipulator. Insulting you like that will make you feel less and dependent on him. He says you're ugly and no other guy will date you, because he wants to use you and manipulate you to stay with him regardless.

This is a sign of emotional abuse.

You're very pretty; you can and will find better men will date you.

• Nah, you're pretty cute. He probably said that out of spite to try and get you upset or something.

• obviously not true, unless he has the power of foresight and looked into your dating timeline.

• Your boyfriends Crazy!!!

• First of all... if you were ugly why would he date with you? Second of all.. no you aren't ugly :)

• You're not ugly but he's a POS on the inside.

There are some things guys should never say to their girl. This is like at the tippy-top of the list.

• Break up with him

• He is wrong and I hope he apologies profusely - You are very beautiful

• If he's dating you and you're ugly that makes him a loser. (You're not ugly)

• Your boyfriend is a moron.

• Sometimes people become ugly to ones that are close by and always around you

• if you dont look like a potato i would after 18. face looks cute

• typical insecure boy reaction. scared of losing you.

• Not ugly, but you look a little fat.

• My bmi is 22 im not overweight at all

• So sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.
    You would always find a guy that will date you so , you can kick him to the curb.
    People usally only speak there true feelings during a fight. Then later deny meaning it so that's his true feelings.
    You are not staying with him I hope.

• not necessarily true i once said hurtful things to the guy i love out of anger but i didn't really mean it i only said it cause he hurt me and i wanted him to feel the pain i felt though i ended up losing him,,, oh how much i love and miss him i guess it wasn't meant to be

• No, of course that's not true. Why would you want to stay with someone who treats you so poorly?

• he is a fuckwit you're are not ugly you are a beautiful girl.
    you should off punched him in the throat

What Girls Said 19

• He's only saying that to tear you down so he has control. Do NOT believe him. You're very pretty. I would get out of that relationship as soon as possible.

• Thank you so much that makes me feel a lot better

• Your very pretty. He is afraid you will leave him for somebody better so he is trying to destroy your self esteem. Start looking right now and break up with him.

• What he said was only part of winning the argument you guys were having. But I would still leave this person, if the fool thinks it's okay to say this to me. You are beautiful sweet heart, don't cry ♥️

• What a fucking scumbag. Dump him and go out and bag a hottie, you definitely could. Shove it in his face

• He said it because he was heated and I'm sure he didn't mean it, but if he did if you're so "ugly" then why does he want you?

If he's abusing you emotionally you're better off without him.

• in my opinion you should dump him right now if he's gonna be like that. Thats a sign of an unhealthy relationship

• He sounds like a little bitch.

• No, not at all. Please break up with him. You could do so much better.

• I think your boyfriend has major insecurity issues and was trying to hurt you. Leave him because he cannot see how truly beautiful you are.

• Did you tell him he's single?

• hahah, he's right? WTH! are you blind? You should never think that!

• break up with your boyfriend he is an idjit. he sounds manipulative and you are very pretty and have nice eyes

• he's messed up dump him im sure you can do better and besides you're still young you dont need that kind of negativity in your life focus on yourself you dont need a man you're beautiful as you are and any guy who calls his girl ugly is an insecure mo fo and should remain single

• He said thjs

• I don't believe that bullshit story. I think you just made that up to read people say how pretty you are.

If it did happen, why are you still with a man who makes those type of statements? Dump him

• He is a good person overall and he takes good care of me but what he said really got to me

• Thank you so much for advice

• No problem princess and you're beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

• You know you re not.. fuck him

• You look really sweet 😍, he's a fool for calling you ugly.

• UR SO FUKING PRETTTYY😍😍!!! he just wanted to break ur confidence coz he knows u can get any guy u want

• That seems like such an emotionally abusive thing to say. You're not ugly at all. His personality seems pretty ugly, though.

I wouldn't put up with a guy like that. It's okay to have the occasional argument, but not to put down the person you're supposed to love and care for. What's the point of a relationship if there's no respect?