So many of us are insecure, why? what made you become insecure?

i feel like i became insecure because my father always made me feel worthless/useless, he's always verbally abused me and he hits me for the dumbest reasons he's a control freak and a germaphobe reminds me of hitler sometimes, plus im a bit "special/slow learner" i think i might be autistic and dont know it all i know is my mind processes everything slowly and i have an short attention span... no guy ever dates me or takes me seriously cause i have no freedom or a job oe life experience and i've fallen inlove maybe twice in my life but never had a happy love life... it makes me insecure, i have no motivation what so ever, so much failure in life made me pesimist and lazy, or maybe my laziness made me become a failure well point is IM VERY VERY INSECURE, are you and what made you that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone is insecure in their own way - I have a stutter which obviously becomes worse when I am worked up or nervous. When I was younger especially in my teens and early adult life I would be worried that people would think I was stupid because of the stutter and the nerves would make it way worse - Now I am older and not as aware of the stutter and you would hardly notice it, I only trip up over the odd word, I still have a bit of trouble on phone oddly when speaking I much prefer face to face contact.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like when I do feel insecure its because whilst in high school I was only liked for the physical sense of me, whats on the outside and that people didn't actually want to get to know me (boys) and as a grew up it really hit me when I got my first long term boyfriend in high school, I thought I was finally happy someone who knew me inside and out, turns out I guess he wasn't happy with something because he cheated on me a bunch. So now I'm always questioning why people want to hang out with me or like me etc It makes me extremely insecure when i'm vulnerable.

What Guys Said 4

• Asking us that are we insecure or not is never gonna get you what you actually want to be...

ofcourse we have our insecurities... but here is how you deal with it

1. Do weird things in public and laugh your ass off
    2. Look in the mirror and say i am the best
    3. Always keep in mind you are the smartest person in the room..

first try them Out... if you feel anymore confident, tell me if you dont, do tell me lol!

• i bet you're hot :)

• this is a really good question but im in no mood to type too much AND get angry like a sissy

• i was crying while writing this question lmfaoo

• I'm insecure also. I feel like it's becaue of my dad also. He never encouraged me to try my best at school instead he would verbally and physically (although more verbally) abuse me whenever I got bad grades. I would sometimes feel so anxious and scared when my report cards came in that I would go hide somewhere to get away from him.. That didn't help because he'd find me either way and yell and/or hit me even more because i was trying to hide from him so it just made things worse. There are other environmental factors also but I think my insecurity may have stemmed from that past experience with my father.

The good thing is that my dad's trying to change though because I can see it. It feels good to know that he's making an effort to be a better father.

• same here, my dad tries to be nicer but he's very impatient and im a bit slow so it makes things worse, at least he's not an alcoholic anymore he's been sober for almost 8 years

• Yeah i think i may be slightly slow as well haha. That's very good then. Glad your father isn't an alcoholic anymore..

What Girls Said 2

• I attribute my insecurities to my gender, I think. I wish that were not true, but I think it is. I am fairly successful in what I do, But always in the back of my mind, I don't think I deserve it.
    It's also that way with my relationship with my SO. I feel so very lucky and also so very unworthy.
    I have learned to live those feelings, not enjoy them, but live with them. And I think they get better as I get older.

• everyone/everything made me insecure!