Why do I still see the old me in the mirror?

This is now

August 2015

August 2014

Most Helpful Guy

• People who have lost weight often experience this - The mind takes a long time to catch up with the body - When you look in mirror you see old you - I find that when you see a photo you are convinced so take lots of selfies and use them to see how successful you have been - Well done by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Combination of reasons. For one, we're our worst own critic. Even if in reality we may look different and 'better', if our self-confidence doesn't match the new self, we often fail to see that. The feeling better about yourself is a bit of a lengthier process so as that comes along a bit more, the perception of what you see in the mirror should also improve.

There's an actual disorder called BDD, which you probably don't have but same idea. Which I can sort of relate to because often-times if I skip just 1-2 gym days, I'll swear I look 10lbs heavier. :P
    (Congrats on shedding so much weight! You look great. :) )

What Guys Said 9

• You see with your brain, so when you see your own reflection you're like "Yes that's me, same as ever. Anyway if you're fishing for compliments, I think you're doing great.

• Because you don't believe that you look better now. If you don't believe it then you won't see it. It's how your brain works.

• Because you look the same, except for the hairstyle.

• Perhaps you're actually just looking at an old photo of yourself on the wall next to the mirror?

• how often do you look in the mirror? if you look everyday, you'll be oblivious to change.

kinda like i never realized the ground was gettin further away when i was growin' up ---------- ;p

• you have reduced your weight. so In the mirror you look like old.

• Because you are still the same person?

• You look great, tell me how you lost 65 lbs so i can lose thst much and get down to 135 from 190

• I found out that my husband of 8/years molested my daughter , he went to jail, I divorced his sorry ass and the weight just went away, although I lost most of my appetite too

• I feel very sorry about that. I hope everything is well now

• Some of it is just not recognizing incremental changes.

Some of it is that when you're overweight, it's harder to see changes. THat's a real danger, and one reason weight management is so challenging. If you're in great shape and gain 10 lbs, you SEE a big difference. If you eat clean for a month or so, you SEE a big difference again. But if you're 40+ lbs overweight, you gain 10 lbs, you hardly see it. Gain another 10, hardly see it. And if you want to improve things, you work really hard, lose 20, hardly see it - but you HAVE to lose those 'not that noticeable lbs' to get healthier, or more attractive.

Honestly, it's why the scale IS your friend on the way down from a high level, use the scale (and also measuring your waist) to keep you motivated that things ARE changing.

This woman's weight loss with photos kind of shows where VISUALLY things start taking off. But she could never have gotten to the 'taking off' area without losing those first lbs.

http://i.imgur.com/OkYZy.jpg

What Girls Said 5

• What are you talking about? In the new picture I see a woman with clear skin, cute hair style and a sassy attitude because she knows she lost weight. In the old pictures I see a woman who is fighting to lose weight and insecurity. I see a different woman, don't you?

• Because we are our own worst critics and we always feel like we are never good enough... This is something that we have to change on the inside, not the out. I truly hope you find this self love.

• I am not sure! You might want see a therapist! I know i need one!

• Because you will always be you! Your can't switch bobys with people, you will always be your own body no matter how you cange it. So love your self no matter how you are, because if you dont then you will never be happy x

• Because your past will always haunt you unfortunately.