Have you ever considered changing your name? Why?

I've always thought about it mainly because my name is so hard for anyone to pronounce lol.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i've been thinking of switching my middle name and my last name
    my middle name is my mother's maiden name it sounds much prettier and easier to pronounce than the last name

What Guys Said 6

• Had considered it as a way of reinventing myself, basically becoming a new person and solidifying the decision with a new name. Though the name I thought of was basically my middle name and a part of my last name, not anything totally new.

• I already changed it a couple of years ago. It was a rare name hard to pronounce for most people in the USA. And maybe it was playing a role in making it harder for me to get a job or even an interview. Who knows? So I changed it to a name that's easy for everyone. Still getting used to it because my family still calls me by my birth name.

• Yeah I can understand your reason but on the other hand your name is part of your identity as well maybe a compromise is to use a nickname or a middle name.

• No, I like my name and it's very common where I live.

• Sometimes, because my name is way too common.

Other times, I feel it would be a waste of time and will cause too much hassle and confusion with the people that I know.

• Yes I have, might still but I will change it to my nickname which is short version of my name

What Girls Said 7

• Yup, Amy instead of Amairany.

Which is weird because Amy is common as fuck and I love different stuff, it's just that Amy sounds so good to me.
    Amairany... it's cool and let's say unique... but I like Amy so much

• Yes because it sound to girly Carmen!

• No, I like my name. My name looks like me (if ya get what I mean, lulz).

• my dad gave me my name.. and It would be special to him.. I love him so I love my name too.. :)

• Lol I know how u feel People always mess up my name. But when no one can pronounce my name it makes me feel one of a kind and unique. Ur name is what make u who u are. So No Lol I've never thought of changing my name. I love my name

• I never thought about it. I love my name.

• I've thought about switching my first and middle name, but I really like both my names haha