How do you know if you're fat?

Everybody I know has fat-shamed me at some point. Telling me ineed to lose weight and that I'm a disappointment and blah blah blah. But when I posted a pic on here, everyone said I wasn't fat. Im confused. They're not shitty people (not all of them) and I'm so stuck between relapsing into my ED because of this confusion. The people who know me are always trying to get me to lose weight. Saying that I need to lose at least 15 lbs. the people who don't know me and just see a pic I post say I look perfect. Which ones are the creeps and how am I supposed to know and be able to tell the difference? (I'm very autistic and this is too much for me to comprehend)
How do you know if you're fat?
I'm not looking for fake ass compliments or anyone trying to get off. I just really need true honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know I'm fat when either I have trouble tying my shoes or I can't button and zip my pants up.

Most Helpful Girl

• People telling you to lose wight need to go suck a slug. Like the really gross disgusting ones so that they look as gross as they sound.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Two_Banana_Slugs.jpg

*You* are the one who gets to decide if your want to lose wight or not. No one else. Does your body do what you want? Does it take you where you want to go? Great! Then no one can take that from you. Just keep on being awesome regardless of assholes.

What Guys Said 19

• I in all honestly don't see the extra weight that others are pointing out. I am nearly 50 damn years old , I am a mear 5'5" and weight 162 lbs and am tickled as hell at that because until I was 47 years old I weighed 135 + or - a couple lbs never got over 140 before that. I tried all my life to gain and couldn't. If YOU YOURSELF see a weight problem then seek profession assistance in dropping the weight that YOU see fit to drop , this is your life and to hell with those that insist on you changing for them

• Personally, as someone who has worked his ass off for a couple months.
    I think you're holding a bit of fat. Not a whole lot but if it's bothering you why not do something about it? It's SIMPLE.

1. don't listen to bullshit advice from other females, their pseudo science is more fake ass than the compliments you receive. It will leave you confused and unmotivated trying out 'diets' that doesn't work. You need a lifestyle change to maintain a sexy toned body. All those magazines claiming weightloss strategies, drop them.

1.5 To make weight loss permanent. You've got have the DRIVE for change. You'll have all these countless people saying you eat too little or how you look disgusting for having some muscle. All the fat-asses thinking it's appropriate to tell someone they look too thin. Self determination will get you further than any weightloss tip.

2. Increasing muscle mass and cardiovascular strength will increase your daily calorie expenditure (ie. Metabolic rate). Combine it with lowering your CALORIE intake and you'll see RAPID (2-3 month) improvement. It doesn't matter what you eat. "no carb" "no fat" "liquid only diet" You don't need to worry about macronutrients if the primary focus is losing weight by lowering body fat%.

4. BALANCE. I can't believe how stupid some of these fat girls are. Their attempt of losing weight is going from their fatass lifestyle to cutting off all food entirely while trying to run every day. Ever heard the obese say "I've tried anorexia"? /facepalm. They go from one extreme to another and obviously they fail. Find balance, you can enjoy food while also not being a fatass.

5. Recognize what the scale is, it's just a objective measuring device. It provides truth. Accept it for what it is. Don't fret if you're 3 pounds heavier one day..

6. ENDURE, be persistent. Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day but you can reduce your average weight over time. And as an added benefit.. You will become more confident in your body.

I can't stand those fat girls that proclaim their "freedom" from the oppressive weight scale by breaking them.. feminism + body acceptance is terribly troubling.

end rant.

• You could tone up and lose the belly fat, but you are not morbidly obese, actually far from it. If I saw you in person, I wouldn't say, damn wide load, move out of the way.

• Well you look fine to me. You need to check your bmi to get a rough estimate of your healthy weight, which I'm betting is just fine as well.

In general, don't listen to people's opinion cause they tend to have a lot of bias one way or another focus on healthy weight, use bmi as a guideline and you'll be fine.

• I think numerically (the scales) you don't need to lose weight but maybe just tone up tummy area a little - I have same problem numerically I am about right weight but I still feel I have a little flab on the belly so I am going to concentrate on toning rather than losing lbs.

• Alright, honesty?

Well, I don't see ugly, I only see beautiful people if they are good.

But ascetically, there is nothing wrong with your body, you are from a health perspective, a little bit over weight, nothing some exorcise and a healthy diet can't cure.

I still think, you are beautiful, because all people are inherently so.

:)

• If it jiggles... it's fat.

• Calculate your BMI:
    http://www.calculator.net/bmi-calculator.html
    It should give you a general idea of "what" you are.
    But imho you're not fat (not a fake ass comment or anything, but you're not)

• Thats not fat that pic you put up

• I'm not asking if that is. I'm giving an example on why I'm confused. I want to know how you define when someone becomes fat. What is the defining factor?

• That's not fat. That's a but chubby. A bit.
    Fat is ,,,,,, can't touch toes. Can't wipe your own ass. U get that going on then worry.
    Just tone a bit. It's baby fat is all.

Hardly fat actully

• Stop your not fat, honest you look really good. People are assholes. You shoudnt want to listen to them, they dont have your interests in mind. Your beautiful, someone will tell you that one day and one day you will believe them. Please hold on, I know it seems like forever but one day you won't have to see these awful people. Just don't listen to them, ask someone you love, they will tell you exactly what I said. Good luck and God bless you

• I would say that you are not fat. However, do try to keep your tummy area down.

• Not fat. Google BMI calculator.

• you´re not fat at all. very decent in my opinion.

• You are not dat

• I don't think you're fat. You look fine to me. I'd rather you stay like this instead of becoming skinnier. Body fat is good for you. Just make sure you're at the right weight for your body frame.

• You don't need to lose weight, if you ask me.

• Uhhh... let me guess -- they were all women.

You're not fat.

• Looks like a boys body. Not fat. Not sexy. Turn off

What Girls Said 8

• You are perfect as you are. Eat right and exercise a little regularly and don't listen to others. It is either jealousy or nastiness that makes them hurt you like that. If someone says something to you just respond with why are you saying such hurtful things when you look the way you do!! It's a reminder that you too can judge them and be mean but you choose not to. Call them up on their comments and they'll stop because they genuinely have no reason to comment on you at all

• Your average. Neither fat or skinny. If you want to know whether you are fat or not look at the Body mass index, go to a gym or talk to your doctor and do an annual check up. Those are the only ways to get honest answers about your looks. Another method is keeping tabs on how often you get asked out.

• I honestly think you're not fat. It's average. Your tummy isn't that big as well. Maybe you just have a big bone structure? If you want to be slimmer, try to exercise and lose the extra fat.

• 15 lb is about 7 kg. I don't think the difference between fat and skinny is 7 kg. Your friends are just making you feel bad. You have a small pouch but everyone does. Don't feel bad about yourself you look fine to me!

• You look fine to me. How much do you weigh and what's your height?

• What the hell? You're not fat! I honestly wouldn't consider you "fat".

• Then what is? No one will answer me. I need to be informed how "fat" is defined and determined. I can't live like this caught between what online people say vs what real life people say. I need to know how to be able to tell.

• In my opinion, fat would be a big, round stomach, double chin, wobbly thighs.. Things like that. I mean, you would know you're fat if you find yourself constantly struggling to do certain things physically.

It doesn't make me feel good defining "fat" like that but since you wanted to know.. I guess I had to :)

• You're not fat at all!

• u r quiet slim