Something wrong with the way I look?

Quick background: I'm online dating, and I've been sending a bunch of messages. No replies. I look up all the tips for writing better messages, and I'm already hitting on all of them. Yet, no replies, ever.

The consensus is clear: I'm an ogre. My question to you is: how can I not be an ogre?
Something wrong with the way I look?

Hmm. The consensus is clear, but my reading of it was wrong. Now to find a better hair style...

4

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not an ogre, I swear. You've got great eyes and a bright smile, your skin looks great, and the light eye/dark hair combo is always a winner. But the thing is, women get a LOT of messages every day on dating sites, so even if they do like you, there's a good chance they're just not going to end up replying to you. I met my last boyfriend online and apparently he almost never got messages back, even though his profile was hilarious and his pictures were really really nice. Online dating is just shitty for guys.

What I'd recommend is getting a different hairstyle/haircut. To be totally honest, what you've got right now isn't too flattering. Check out some pictures of "nice guy hair" on Google Images or something and see if there's anything you like and think you could manage. Maybe get some more stylish clothes (again, do a google search for something like "nice guy clothes," spend some time looking for anything that might appeal to you). That should help give you a bit more of an edge.

• I've been thinking about getting a new haircut for years; I've just been too timid to pull the trigger. I'll have to get over that fear, haha.

• Do it! I get the nervousness, haha. I used to have hair that went down to my mid-thighs, and cutting it off was terrifying! People get attached to having their hair a certain way, it's totally normal.

• Thanks for MH. :)

What Girls Said 3

• I think you're really cute. You have a nice smile and bright, friendly eyes. They make you look welcoming and kind! I don't think you look like an ogre at all. You can try switching up your hairstyle a bit to make you look older. Like someone else said, the online dating thing is just not easy for guys. But you'll find someone soon, just keep looking on the bright side! :)

• Your hair!!! Give yourself a side parting and gel it up a bit! Keep the length because it looks good on you. Since you have stick straight hair it doesn't compliment your chubby face. Side parting, brush it with gel, then voila 1000x better. You are not ugly, your hair is.

• I'ma be honest, ur hair ain't workin with u hunn..