Why is movember not taken seriously as breast cancer month?

During breast cancer month you see pink everywhere and companies with their promotions and specials aimed at breast cancer months and the media and celebrities focusing on breast cancer but not many people pay much attention to movember. Is it because of feminist the ideology that states that mens issues are not important and we should all only focus on women's issues?

For those who don't no movember aka no shave November is for raising awareness for mens health by not shaving your mustache.

Most Helpful Girl

• Men are overall more ashamed to discuss or seek help their health issues than women. So things such as prostate cancer and depression are notoriously under diagnosed in men. I think Movember is great, hopefully it will encourage more men to be open about their health issues. It's not a contest though, breast cancer awareness is more commercialised and established, whereas Movember is a relatively new thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes that is correct, its due to our feminist cultered society. Women should wear fake moustaches to raise awareness as well as the men growing them.

Dogs, cats and all other furry animals should also be shaved bald except for the moustache area.

Prostate cancer is a serious issue and if it's been a while, go and get checked.

What Girls Said 2

• Wait. Is it about prostate health or *men's* health in general?

• A) most people don't know that's what no shave November is about
    B) its too generalized. If it were just about prostate cancer people would be more supprtive

What Guys Said 3

• in fairness Movember has quite a high profile in the UK and Ireland - Definitely in the first few years a lot of celebrities grew outlandish moustaches,

• Because breast cancer is more spreaded? Correct me if im wrong please..

• People like boobs more than beards and colons

• I like that I got downvoted, it is a serious answer. I am actually participating in Movember, and I have also donated, as well as holding a fundraiser for breast cancer that raised more money than every previous year it was held.

It is easier to say "save boobs" than it is to say "save your inner assholes" breasts are more marketable, and also men are ashamed and expected to draw away rather than women, who are expected to share their feelings. Men choose not to talk about it so it becomes a shadow, while women reach out.