Is there something wrong with me?

People are always telling me how pretty I am. I moved to a new state which meant a new high school and literally every guy wanted to talk to me. I then had to transfer to a new high school and the same thing happened. I always get cat called or stared at whenever I go out. Yet, I don't feel pretty. I don't know what everyone else is seeing. I honestly don't see it when I look in the mirror. Sometimes I want to just cry. Is there something wrong with me? Is it not normal for me to feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't appreciate the value of the things you have until it's gone.

Think about those people who look below average and nobody likes to even talk with them.

• Ik it's just I don't know why I feel this way. Like if I look at myself close up in the mirror I feel ugly

• Okay anyways lemme tell you something.
      Us, being our on person, I believe we look for every flaw, and take our imperfections and turning them into a negative instead of a positive. Personally, you should ask someone why they find you attractive, and ask yourself may it be true? Maybe even stare at yourself in a mirror for as long as possible, and what that person said is attractive about you, you look for it until you can find it. Until you, yourself see's what everyone else does

• Okay Thank you, I will try that.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not alone, I feel the same way- it's how I've always felt. I was always been labelled the "pretty girl" at school/college and I always get attention wherever I go, BUT I hate the way I look. I have major self confidence issues. So much so, that I won't get in to a relationship.
    I think the problem is that because our whole lives we've been told we look good, we've set even higher goals for ourselves, physically. It's like when rich people still try to get even richer.
    The best advise I can give, is stop focusing on your physical appearance, and work on whats between your ears. There are millions of gorgeous girls, but the majority are vapid. Just work on being an intelligent human being. Beauty + brains = the ultimate :)

• Lol glad to know someone else understands what I mean😊 yes my education is always my main priority and I play seven instruments

• Get it girl ;)

• Lol thanks 😊

What Guys Said 4

• Simple. You're the fresh meat in the store. Happens to all new girls. School and work. Doesn't mean you're all that hot necessarily. If you're at least halfway decent looking and you're new, this happens. Fresh meat syndrome.

• It doesn't happen to every girl because my friend was new too and every guy isn't trying to talk to her... People tell me it all the time. People I have been knowing for years and people I just met

• Oh ok. I now know what it is you're experiencing. Lmao😂.

Excuse me I'm a little slow sometimes! 😂

• Lol it's cool

• Maybe you don't see yourself as others do. Maybe you think this is physical but could also be becouse you are not happy with yourself and maybe always wanting more. That's how beautiful people usually are. Or maybe you are not confident about yourself.

• Yes, tgats the problem...

• Well then one day a person will come and make you feel the most beautiful person in the world until then it's up to you how confident about yourself you are :)

• I know... I have a boyfriend

• Are you having sex?

• Picture show us

• I'm not asking for a rating

• 😂😂😂😂really

• Yes

B

What Girls Said 5

• it is very hard to give you advice on how you look w/o a picture. Update your question with a pic and I will comment.

• I'm not asking for advice on my appearance

• Staring and cat calling wouldn't make me feel very pretty either. Focus on what you do want and don't think about what you don't want.

• Wait huh?

• Ig this question can't really be answered... I like cat calling it makes me feel good about myself...

• Well cat calling may not be the exact word I'm looking for...

• I really want to see a picture of you because you sound super hot 😂 And no it's normal. Most people find themselves ugly whether they are or not

• I'm not all that. I hate it. I feel like I need help

• Don't worry , you're just very strange

• But it's like a self conscious thing. Like even tho people tell me it I want to feel it myself.

• Self centered?

• Yip.. self centred , don't hate yourself for it.. its just onr little thing you're self-centered about , its not as though you're a self-centered person

• that's what most girls envy, i think you are lacked of confidence

• I know. I don't know how to fix it