Is calling myself ugly a bad thing?

I tend to do that a lot when I rate myself with other people. One of my friends got mad at me for doing that, but I told them" I'm just being honest".

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is a bad thing. The more you say it, the more you start to believe it and the less likely you'll think otherwise. Start saying that you're attractive whether you believe it or not. And, be confident!!! Confidence (not OVER confident) attracts people to you.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Not sure who called you ugly (or it's just you) to make you feel this way, but you are not ugly.

• Girls called me ugly a lot in highschool So I believed it since.

• I am sorry, I know it's hard to block those memories, but they probably moved on with their lives. And I too would move on if I were in your place.

• Yeah, it is to me.

• yes its a really bad thing to begin doing. it will eat away your self confidence then that will eat your self respect and then what do you stand for?

• It does get really annoying if someone keeps putting themselves down, it feels like you constantly have to validate them to make them feel better.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not a necessarily a bad thing; a man's got know his limitations. You can be ugly and still be able to succeed in the dating world.

• I think you look well - Don't put yourself down.

• it's called modesty.

just don't convince yourself to feel that.

• That's not modesty..

• LOL. oh yah i'm on girlsaskguys. com everything is low self esteem or an identity issue

perhaps it's a considerate guy not trying belittle his friends w/ a percieved selfish rating

• it only occurs w/ other people around...

how's he rate himself in private is the question.

• Dude you remind me of Chino Moreno from Deftones.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpDyIJdasg