Did you ever hate yourself?

I used to hate myself so much from 16 to 19 , I had hated myself before though but it got worse during this time.

I hated myself because of the way I used to look, I still hate looking at photos of myself and on some days I don't even want to see my own face in the mirror.

There were a lot of different reasons as to why I hated myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to hate myself in middle school. I was chubby, wasn't very well liked and had really low self esteem. I've grown and come a long way from that though.

Most Helpful Guy

• i honestly think u hate yourself only coz of how u look, i can totally imagine u taking 100 selfies a day and being disappointed on some days and if on a particular day, someone complimented you on how you look, you would be elated as fuck (u asked that question on getting used to being called handsome). You look like a normal chap and be happy with that and move on

What Girls Said 3

• Not anymore! I'm actually appreciating myself, hating myself was bad and emotionally disturbing it didn't allow me to see who I really was and allowed me to choose the wrong people for me. Now I know what I deserve and not settling

• Still do. I have come to terms with some parts of my face and body, but the only part of me that I genuinely never had a Problem with was my hair. Everything else, 99% pf my entire body, i used to hate at some point

• Yeah, whenever I get hungry. I don't where all the hate comes from.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't recall hating myself but I am more comfortable with myself than I was probably for a long time between 15 and 40.

• Yes, I did. Right until I finished high school. Ironically, I actually looked much better back then, but I still had many social and emotional problems and I'm a much more well adjusted person now.

I still miss my longish hair though. And getting girls was way easier...

• i used to, and i still hate small bits about me, but generally i'm over it and trying to be a better, more social person

• Sometimes. There have been days when I have wished I never existed.

• A better question would be "do i actually ever LIKE myself?"