Why do people get weird out when I tell them this?

When i tell people i dont wear makeup most of them would say they don't believe me. Why is this? Like everytime i go out with them i never wear makeup and they know it. But when i tell them i dont wear makeup they give me a weird look.

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither my mum or my sister wear makeup. Personally, I'm not bothered if a lady doesn't. I certainly don't think it's weird. I'd rather see a lady as she is. After all, I might wake up every morning with her sharing my pillow.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Because they think you are wearing something on your lip to make it that color, even though you don't. That is fine.

• Okay a part from the lipstick. I meant the lipstick color kind of matches my natural lip color anyway

• Well if you are wearing lipstick, then you are wearing makeup. FYI.

• Because you're naturally beautiful so they can't believe someone doesn't need make up.
    They're fuckwits so don't worry about it.

• Let me test. Show a photo of yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• Just because most people do, a lot of people will react strangely when you tell them you don't conform to social norms. Not a bad thing, it's just different.

• Isn't it supposed to be a good thing that im comfortable going out and not wearing any makeup?

• @asker well I would argue no because, if it's good to not wear make-up then that would mean it's bad to go out wearing make-up. And neither are bad. It's just against gender stereotypes for a woman not wear make-up. It's not that it's good or bad its just different to what the majority of people do, and humans by nature don't like people who are different to them, it's a community/threat thing. But, in this instance it's no big deal it's just not surprising that people would react a bit strangely

• maybe you have rosy cheeks and bright lips?