Am I considered poor?

I make $10 an hour, am a receptionist at a data recovery center, have 3k saved up and I'm 20 years old. Only have been saving for about a year. And my credit score is 700. Am I poor or doing well for my age?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, you're doin' fine for yourself.

I also make $10/hr at a retail job but I only have just under $700.00 in my bank account, $2,000.00 in student loans and $700.00 in credit card debt. Plus my credit score is hovering somewhere in the 5 to 6 hundred range I think. So, I'm... pretty much the definition of poor. lol

What Guys Said 12

• I wouldn't say your poor for your age but at $10 an hour you might be poor down the road as your financial needs increase

• I'm in college... isn't that the point of going? To find a better job?

• I guess but many college students have big debts and owe money , and sometimes aren't able to find the jobs they were going to school for

• That's not very optimistic b

• There is a very easy way you could be pulling in 100 k a year passively on the side while maintaining your job.

• You're better than many people I know.

• You are poor BUT doing well for your age.

• How is that considered poor?

• Because you make $10/hour. Pre-tax, that's about $20,000 / year. If you are on your own, you will find it hard to live on that, but you seem adept at saving so that is good. If you live at home, that is considerably better because you might not have a housing cost or food costs. If you have to pay for your own housing (and utilities), transportation, and food, that $20,000 will be very hard to survive on.

• You're poor, but at least you're not in debt...

• You are not at all poor if u have no debts to pay... a research says if u have no debts to pay and have Rs:3000 or 46 usd in ur savings account, then u are richer than 85% of Americans. :) :)

• what is the yes/no for? the 1st or the 2nd question because those mean 2 different things?

• Am I considered poor for my age?

• no, but you aren't obviously rich either. it also depends if you're in college or not i guess. i was (am) broke as fuck still.

• Yes I am in college

• Do you have debt?

• Student loans 10k

• ;_; yeap, we both poor college students I got 3k left :3

• Depends on where you live. $10 isn't even minimum wage, congrats on being able to save

• I'm in FL. Minimum here is $8.05

• start billing casual sex you're having. easy moni.

• Yes you are poor. And yes, you are doing well for your age.

• Sounds pretty normal for your age.

What Girls Said 6

• Both?

You're poor for the general public but you're also above average for a 20 year old.

• I think you're doing fine for your age. Better than I am!

• How much do you have saved up?

• When you say crappy, how much money is that?

• I get 9.25 but I don't get many hours and if I stay longer they don't pay me for it

• Depends on what kind of job it is. If it's a part time job in college, then ya that's great. I make a bit more at moment but I've had way worse paying jobs as well.

If it's supposed to be a full time job than it's not that great

• No it is part time.

• And you're 22, did you already graduate college? How much do you make?

• no I'm in college. I'll graduate in may and I get paid 12.50 (euro) so that's about 13.50 usd for my part time job. The graduate job I have for next year pays 18 euro an hour (if I did the math right ) and a little more if I don't take their health insurance

• Rule of thumb is: if you earn enough money ti get the basic necessities and still have enough to save up, then you are not poor.

• You're doing very well for you age

• Yeah you are considered poor.