Guys, I feel fat and nervous about meeting my boyfriend?

Hi so this is not an attention seeking post, I really do have a hard time accepting the way I look so please no hate.

Im an 18 year old girl, 5'4, and according to my BMI, I'm basically obese. Which I have a hard time understanding I mean yes I don't like my body and I don't like my arms sometimes but I don't see myself anywhere near "obese". I workout at least 3 times a week and I have a healthy diet. Although, I have for the past year gained too much weight. I come from a line of curvy women so I have hips, ass and boobs in a "big" amount and I'm short so... But I'm meeting my long distance boyfriend in about 7 months and I'm so nervous about my body and even though he says he loves it I just can't accept it myself. I'm driving myself insane with the way I compare myself to girls on Instagram and in real life. It's affecting me way too much.

But what do you think, in all honesty, what is my body type?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are really bad pictures but from what I can see in the second picture there is absolutely no way you are obese. Make sure your bmi is calculated correctly. Not accepting your body is gonna hurt you. You need to understand that if you care about your body, you work out, you eat healthy, etc. then you should be proud of your lifestyle in terms of your body health because you clearly care about it and are moving forward. Accepting your body will give you a big confidence boost which will help in other categories too. It will make your life better. So accept it. And be proud to be meeting your boyfriend.

What Guys Said 13

• bmi means nothing... weight means nothing..

u wanna measure ur fat, use calipers... or take an honest picture w/o all the bullshit angles =\

from what i can see, you're not in fat territory... but, that's no reason not to incorporate some HIIT into your day.

• Look good.. See no fat, hear no fat, speak no fat... Fat in the right places doesn't count as fat, Its called "sexy"

• ... Seriously?

• Those are awful pictures to judge that. The first one is too fuzzy, and stripes mess with your spatial reasoning.

But you don't have giant flaps and folds hanging out from under your shirt, so I think you got a bad BMI measurement.

• How the hell are you obese? !

• jesus christ! you take pictures like a 4 year old.

• I feel scared from first image... second one made me calm a little

• You are very perfect according to me, I don't know about the rest or the ideal stuff :)

• Fuck the bmi u look fine any guy would be lucky to date u 👍

• We can't tell by those awfull pictures probably taken with favorable angles.

• Chill out baby girl you look magnificent, your not fat , your just right.

• Girl you have a fantastic body! Don't feel insecure and stop comparing yourself to other girls. I'd be rapt if I met you after so long. You're beautiful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E

• If your BMI says that you're obese, you're fucking doing it wrong.