Anyone on here familar with MMA or boxing injuries I have some questions?

Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I was sparring with someone and towards the middle of the match the guy got meet good in the middle of my nose and after I exited the ring I noticed a new small, but noticeable blind spot and it has begun to fade, but I wanted to do some research on it
right after it was soo bad I thought a stop sign said, "Qtop"

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey @Tempbro... is the blind spot near the bridge of your nose in one eye? is it more noticeable with one eye closed? This seems like a lot of questions, but the symptoms aren't detailed as such. Do you have any swelling on your nose? Is it a black, or possibly even a red-coloured blind spot?

• So have you ever had that sort of blind spot you get from a sudden flash of light? that is what it was like, but small. It has faded and It is almost back to normal and it was to the left of where ever I would focus my eyes on if I looked at a stop sign I could only see the, "Top" so I would not see the S and the T clearly, as for my nose it aches currently and I am 100% sure it is not broken it is sorta aching, but broken and I don't doubt there will be a light amount of swelling. If one thing is for sure I am going to wear headgear from now on I value intelligence over everything about myself I just did not know how much a punch would affect me it was the first time a punch got me good.

• Yeah, it's not uncommon... I've had that a couple of times myself, from sparring and/or actual fights... headgear will only protect you so much. A strong jab or hard straight to the face unfortunately is hard to stop, so get your bob and weaving working... minimise the risk of a direct hit.
      With the spot moving with your focus, I would assume that you may have got a burst capillary which should clear up and heal itself, but it wouldn't hurt to go and see a doctor to make sure.

• Thanks for mhg

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• I have done a little boxing but never done any MMA. Injuries on the other hand I am pretty familiar with. Not sure what I can do over the internet but what do you need?

• Injuries? See a doctor.

• That's not uncommon at all. If you are really concerned you could see a doctor but it happens a lot and then fades away like you said.

• It depends what you did.