Is it legal to travel down a road in reverse, If you're still following the direction of the traffic?

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahaha! LMAO! 😂😂 Great question 👍 I have the image of me trying this out.

I can't imagine it being legal, but it sure would make a Cop laugh. I can reverse in a straight line , so I would be ok on a long stretch of road. It might be more difficult if I needed to make a right or left turn... or if in came a roundabout.

• AHAHAHAHAHAH imagine seeing someone go around a roundabout backwards it would be SO funny

• Haha! Now I am eager to try this. I'll let you know if I get arrested lol. Look out for me on Cops Reloaded T. V series. Or worse... Crime stoppers lol!

This is by far the funniest and most unique question I have ever read on GaG,!! 👍👍

*if I came to a roundabout**

What Guys Said 5

• I would say no , it would confuse other driver who wouldn't know how to react ; thus creating a safety hazard. Any accidents that arise would be considered the fault of the person backing

• Hahahahahahaa I actually lost my shit laughing at the "it would confuse other drivers" I would actually cry with laughter if I saw someone doing this

• I must admit I would scratch my head and wonder who dresses this person that's for sure

• It woukd be very difficult to do. And yes its illegal. If it doesn't say so directly in the law theu would get you for not having brake lights or somethjng.

• Like, backwards?

• Most cars aren't capable of going fast enough backwards, and the rear view mirror or twisting backwards is gonna hurt your perception.

You'll definitely get pulled over. I don't know if there's a lot about it.

• how do in look question?

• I doubt it matters whether or not it's legal because that is FUCKING DANGEROUS, not just for you (who cares) but for everyone else!

• hahahahahahahaa you have to admit though if you saw someone doing it you would laugh so hard

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Unless you're Brian O Conner.

https://youtu.be/Snb_7scbDic

xD

• Whoa, wait. My bad - I thought that read "illegal". No, it is not legal, you're gonna get ticketed.

• It would be so hilarious though haahahaha I wouldn't know how to react if I saw someone doing it

• I'd follow them. Lol, like, fuck everything, I'd follow them to where ever they were going.

• I don't know try it and let us know 😀

• Where I live it is illegal.