Why do they call the little candy bars "fun sizes". Wouldn't it be more fun to eat a big one?

srsly why

0|0
1|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Marketing, basically. I mean, if they called it "small enough to eat them continuously without feeling guilty" that would be a giveaway. Like how Fox News calls themselves 'fair and balanced' instead of "conservative propaganda to trick everyone into thinking they should vote for republicans."

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• they just thought it was a cute name

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• They are trying to distract you from the fact that a small chocolate bar sucks by saying it's 'fun'.

Consider also: Big chocolate bars are now chopped in two for 'sharing', and big bags of chips are also labelled 'share size' or 'grab bag' or something. I think this is PR damage control against accusations that their food is making people fat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because, less calories is more fun or something. Marketing to the overweight. Profit.

I don't know.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought the same thing... Mayb they think having to open a dozen wrapers is the fun part?

1|0
    0|0
  • because its not fun to be fat. pretty girl like you should know that.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's what she said?

1|0
    0|0
  • We're talking about candy right?

1|0
    0|0
  • Smaller size is more fun right girls?😅

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they make more money for the manufacturer and 'fun size' sounds better than 'more profitable size'. More profit = more fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Imagine a fun kids party. Are you gonna hand out one big candy bar to every single kid? Probably not. Most people go for the bite sized candies. But now there's a marketing issue. Kids don't like knowing thier getting the small stuff. So call them fun sized. Kids aren't dumb so they eventually catch on but by avoiding all words that sound like they're getting shortchanged on thier candy parents can have better portion control without the hassle.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!