Guys, How do guys feel about dating girls with a higher intellect then them?

So I go to an ivy league, and sometimes boys turn their heads to me becuase they think I am a threat; Also, I am not assuming this people like ex-boyfriends have told me they wanted to be smarter than me.

Updates:
Just to clarify: the ivy is not what makes me intellectual/ intelligent, it was just to give a baseline upon my academic standings without being specific.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a pretty smart guy myself (people comment about that fairly often), and I've never dated a girl smarter than me, though I've met a few. I wouldn't be against it, though. Obviously, I'd want a girl with social skills too, and not someone who was 100% academic (i. e, a female "Sheldon"), but I like smart girls who keep me sharp.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 42

• I know girls with higher intellects and most of them can screw in a light bulb or find a boyfriend lol

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she isn't flexing her brain all the time, and maintains her femininity... I have no problem dating a girl smarter than me!

0|0
    0|0
  • well the school doesn't impress me thats more about how she was raised and if she did her homework i care more for her field of study.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a frame of reference, I took a legitimate IQ test around the age of 7 or 8, and I scored, if my parents remember correctly, a 165.

Yes, I would date a girl smarter than me. I love having conversations with people around my level of intelligence, but it's very rare, even in my school, which is the second best in my state.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would matter, as long as she didn't try to prove it that she was smart, or make me do something he way she thinks is best.

Just don't go tooting the intellect card and you'll be OK,

0|0
    0|0
    • Besides I have worked with some people who were really smart in school, but when it came to doing their job, as a swimming instructor and lifeguard, they were so dumb I thought a doorknob might be more intelligent

• Yeah, I usually don't think of myself that way. Just at the moment a lot of the guys I've tried dating felt threatened.

• Very attractive quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love smart girls, but it's usually they who look down on me for being an athletic, muscular guy who's not as smart as they are. Girls always want guys who are 'better' than them in some way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't care about a girls intellect. All the IQ in the world can not substitute for chemistry and attraction.
    I have dated girls smarter than me. No problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • After reading your question I don't think I'd have to worry about your intellect so much. :P Clearly grammar must not be your strong suit then...

0|0
    0|0
  • What's your IQ? I mean if we're checking intellect.

I've met some people who went to Ivy League that aren't terribly smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are just some things women are better than men at. Sometimes us men go a little ahead of ourselves and do stupid things. Having a smarter woman on your side can change us for the better. That being said, i have no issues with dating a girl smarter than me. I also don't mind admitting it

0|0
    0|0
  • Holy moly, how did you get in!!!
    Anyway, to the question. Most guys are intimidated, because they are nowhere near intellectual. I think intellectual guys wouldn't mind if their girlfriend was better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only look for smarter girls than me. I just want someone to win an argument against me. When that happen I will definitely marry her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think personally if they are smarter than me then they are. I bet I could find someone who is smarter than me at something. Unless you know everything about everything then there are people who will be smarter than you at something.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl is smarter than me, it's no problem.

The one thing I worry about is that we'll have little to nothing to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only ever met one woman as smart or smarter than me, so I don't see this as a realistic possibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intellect is sexy its always been a hope of one that I'll meet someone who can turn me on while nesting me at Jeopardy

0|0
    0|0
  • INtellect is a subjective term but I see what you're saying but I would love to have a girl that I could talk to intellectually

0|0
    0|0
  • I really enjoy it because then we have really stimulating conversations! Mentally, not just physically, fyi! But i also dont want her to be such a brainiac that we have to work to find things we both find interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like smart girls, I think every girls that I have been interested in has been smarter than my self.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't give a shit to be honest, dating isn't an intelligence contest for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't bother me, wouldn't change anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer it. As long as they modest about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be completely fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • IF someone goes to Ivy League, that doesn't make me feel they're more intelligent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a woman smarter than me. Which fortunately is always the case

0|0
    0|0
  • Assuming they don't have a personality/persona like Sheldon from TBBT it's perfectly fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to learn. so I'd be ok with that :)

0|0
    0|0
  • 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

0|0
    0|0
  • I love it. Stimulating conversation and connecting on an intellectual level is very important.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys