Is my hair bad?

is my hair bad?I hadn't gotten my hair cut in over a year, so Friday I decided that I needed a change. I didn't want my hair short but the stylist wouldn't listen to me at all and she kept cutting and cutting, the front is now at my collar bones. I asked for just 2 inches off and layers but they're so uneven. Everyone is telling me it looks good but that's coming from friends and family. What do you guys really think? And how should I fix it? I'm not sure if I'm actually happy with it or not. I'm hoping it'll grow out and look better but I don't know.

Thank you all so much for your opinions, I greatly appreciate it!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• I'm sure you'll adjust. If anything, I doubt it looked better before, with a year's worth of split ends and general rattiness. Trimming your hair once every eight to twelve weeks is the way to go in my experience.

• I hope so, and yes it was, honestly. It was in need of a cut I guess I'm just not used to it yet, and thank you for the tip, I'll remember that!

• It is bad.

• It looks alright. Nothing to be worried about.

• If that's what it looks like now I think it looks good. I think you are unsettled by it just because you're not used to it. Your friends and family aren't just being nice it honestly is a good haircut.

• That's relieving to hear, I hope I get used to it soon. Thank you!!

• Looks nice to me.

• No, you have gorgeous hair!

• Its fine. You speaking the crazy.

• too straight.

• I like to mix it up and do curls, waves, or straight, so it's not always like this! :)

• post those pics!

my only gripe w/ such perfected nice looking straight hair is the perfection itself.

o. O makesense?

• looks good to me

• It makes me mad that my hair isn't as long as yours.

• Looks fine.

• Looks good.

• Your hair looms fine

• I agree with your friends and family.

• be happy this is nice looks

• no, it's beautiful.

• its very avril lavigne, i like it

• I think it's fine

• I'm starting to feel a little better about it. Thank you!

• You're welcome. I feel the same way when I get a hair cut. I went from chest length hair to no hair

• You're hair is beautiful and they did not destroy it but the hairdresser has no clue what she is doing.

• Thanks!! And she really didn't. She wouldn't pay attention to a word I said and she kept talking about getting drunk, that's when I knew I messed up. 😂

• Those epiphany moments are not all they are cracked up to be lol

• Beautifullllllll hair. I like :D

• so great not as good as 1 pic but looks nice to me as an boy opinion :D

What Girls Said 9

• No it's fine! I didn't even notice anything bad about it, your hair looks like it would grow fast so just hang in there x

• It's gorgeous. The layers are beautiful and I wish this were my hair.

• I actually love your hair. It looks so healthy and beautiful♡ it's fine. Cut and all.

• This was sweet to read. :) All of these comments have boosted my confidence about it. Thank you very much!! ❤️

• you're welcome 😄😄

• hey it looks awesome!!! dont worry you have beautiful hair I dont see anything thats uneven much, so i think it looks nice but if you still dont like it, just let it grow out.

• Thank you! It's starting to fix itself little by little so I'm becoming more used to it but I think I'm going to still let it grow out. :) and I appreciate that!!

• ok, and just saying choppy layers are trendy now so i dont think it looks bad :) good luck

• I don't want to be rude, but it does look terrible. Hair on the left looks much better. Go to another trusted, local hair salon. Possibly one that's expensive. Bring a friend or two, so if the stylist demands you have something different to what you asked, your friends can back you up. Or you could hire a friend who's good with a pair of scissors to fix it up for you for a bit of dosh, at least they'll listen to what you REALLY want done with your hair! GOOD LUCK!

• Thank you for your honesty. I think I may let it grow out before I consider recutting it, it's starting to look a little bit better as I'm learning how to make the layers less noticeable. I'll keep those tips in mind, thank you!! :)

• Curl your hair then. :D It'll look so gorgeous! :D

• It's beautiful! I'd love my hair to look like that!

• Your hair must've been super long before... & no it looks good.

• It was! That was the closest picture I could find of it before. and thanks :)

• i love your hair

• I actually really like it! It looks really good!