What is this think with people rating and leagues?

Please explain.
Why are people measured with numbers form 1 to 10? What is the point? What number am I?
If I am 5 and my friends are 8-10 I should go in the corner and cry because I am fucking 5?
So what if I give to someone 3 and another give them 10?

*thing
I think this system is stupid because people are more complicated. There are not just a number. They are system of equations.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you should just realize that if guys don't like you much it's because you're a 5. It's to help people understand how attractive they are.

I've noticed that, especially from GAG polls, most people will be rated around the same by 80% of everyone else. So there is a pretty good idea of how attractive everyone is.

Most Helpful Girl

• We are judge on our looks because it's easier than to spend time to see the person's personality to judge that. :|
    And the 1-10 scale works like grades, at least this is how I think it goes.

What Guys Said 9

• I know it is stupid, but unfortunately, leagues do exist. Although looks are subjective, under normal circumstances someone who is 4-5 won't be willing date someone who is 8-9.

The tragedy here is, looks are something we are born with, and is not under control, yet this is the main aspect we get judged on. :(

• It's about how different peoples persecutions are different. I may think a girl is absolutely beautiful, but the next guy is like ahh she is ok. It's all in the eye of the beholder

• Because the reality is really made up of numbers. The numbers people give to people isn't necessarily accurate but rather to give a general idea of what the image they are seeing is desirable or not. If you want to cry in the event of you being 5 is up to you.

• They can help you know where you place in terms of attractiveness. Like if you're constantly getting rejected it might be because you're like 5/10 but you're only aiming for 8/10's.

I agree that the rating system isn't as important as some people seem to think, but I think its good to be at least somewhat realistic how you look.

• Arbitrary rating systems help you quickly identify and compare things.

• Because the thing is, while all tastes vary to some degree, the majority of people can agree on a lot of things about looks.

• That's why I don't like to use this systema. It's not scientific. It's broscience. I think people only use it to simplify everything. Although it doesn't :)

• Lol ikr? Like gag opinions represent the whole world. Even still not all gagers vote or rate so results are always inconclusive.

• shushhhh you might inflict some logic on the poor masses... .

What Girls Said 0