Be brutually honest?

If I approach you and ask for your number, would you say yes. Keep in consideration that we dont talk (don't have any classes together) and we made awkward eye contact many times. Im trying to get some confidence in going up to a guys but I don't know how to do it.

Btw: GAG deleted my post since i put it in the wrong category.

Thank you so much for the advice:) im gonna go for it. Wish me luck:)
Okay I'm really nervous now. I'll keep you guys updated on whar happens;) wish me luck

Most Helpful Guy

• Huh? Do girls even do that? I mean... ask a guy for his number. I thought there was some unwritten rule that guys were supposes to ALWAYS initiate!

Anyway, if a girl asked me for my number, I would be flattered and perhaps overjoyed! So of course, I would instantly share my number. :)

• Im glad to hear that. Im not sure if he is still interested. I admit I'm shy so , most of the time, i looked away quickly. But I should just give it a shot.

• Wow, you chose mine as MHO, from 17 responses! Thank you! Much appreciated! :)

• Haha. I didn't reammy have to think about it. Thanks a lot for responding back:)

What Guys Said 33

• Look, it depends on the person. Some guys might feel weird (very few) or even get intimidated (but they will still be flattered) and some others will love it.

If a guy finds you attractive but doesn't want to have a relationship in the time being he might reject you. But that does not mean anything. You might feel embarrassed in the beginning but with time u'l realize that u don't lose anything when a guy rejects you.

I been there. and Was really in love with this girl. The first time i ever did it (2 years ago), i was very very hesitated and scared. But i liked her so much that i forced myself to ask her out no matter what the outcome was. I finally did it, i was extremely nervous, on top of that, she rejected me and i was very very embarrassed. Probably the most embarrassing moment in my life. But i never regretted it, because deep down, i was still proud of myself to actually have gone there to her and done something about it. I just wasen't very smooth and maybe not her type (although i felt that she liked me). After that, i just forced myself to ask more and more girls out and with time it got easier and the more i got rejected the more confident i got and VOILA... right now i'm so confident that when i approach girls, they r the ones that get nervous xD. True story

• So my point is, even if you got rejected. Don't feel down. Be proud that you actually stepped out of your comfort zone.

• Wow that was very inspirational haha. Thank you soo much. Yeah, I dont know how he is going to react since its so unexpected. He definitely looks like the shy type without his friends. Thank you soo much for adding your own experience. Thank you:)

• No problem. Good luck :)

• I have been approached in more than one occasion before in a club and a bar, and I know how difficult it can be to approach someone. However, having said that, you can get use to that feeling and not worry too much fear of rejection shit that it becomes natural to simply go or approach for the person you like or find attractive no matter what the circumstances are. I have learned that it's always better to know than not at all, rather than contemplate of what could have been or should have been, therefore if you find someone you like, simply go for it. The worst thing this person could do is say NO and if they do, you can simply move to the next one. It's as simple as that. Good luck

• Wow. You're completely right. I dont know how guys do it hahah. Props to you guys. Thank you soo much:)

• Sure, I would give you my number.

• Will give if I didn't knew your age
    Lol if I do now I'll be labeled as a creep

• Haha im 18 and a senior in high school. He's a year younger though...

• Im hoping that's the case hahah but I doubt it. Im pretty sure he's single but I've seen him talking to a girl a couple of times. Never holding hands but talking and I'm hoping it's nothing serious, just a friend.,.. well might as well give it a shot. Last year, he seemed interested in me (his friends made it obvious) but , since he doesn't hang out with them, i really dont know 😑😑

• Go ask him for the number

• Sure why not? From your profile pic you look pretty. Just be confident honey. Simply walk up and say hi, tell him you noticed that the two of you exchanged glances a few times and you figure now its time to exchange phone numbers. Simple as that. He most likely will say sure and give you his number. If he doesn't then just understand that he very likely is dating someone or may be batting for the other team. If he does say no thanks, just answer with "Man, you are really missing out!" Shake your head, turn and walk away. Don't look back. His loss. There are billions of guys in the world, get another one.

• You're totally right but i lack sooo much confidence. Ughhh it's a struggle just looking at him. Thank you sooo much :)

• Ahhh man. You're seriously helping me out soo much hahah. I feel like I can go up to him right now and ask for his number. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

• My pleasure! Just keep that thought in your mind and go get that number! It'll get easier and easier every time after too.

• Sure why not

• I'd be overjoyed simply because i actually got approached by a girl (which never happens). And you're cute, so yes, I'd definitely give it to ya.

• Im hoping that asking him will give me points hahah and hopefullyy be straightforward that Im interested in him :)

• Guys love that. Its refreshing since most women are so entitled and expect us to do all the work.

• going by your picture - definitely yes lol
    I'd be flattered and I'm shy myself so a girl approaching me is always welcome 👍

• Thanks:) hopefully he doesn't freak out and walk away or he says no.

• nah I'm sure it will be fine 👍

• Sure I'd give it to you.

• I definitely would, you look like a cool person.

• If we've made eye contact then I'll give you my number. but that's just me. Various guys will differ in their opinion cause they re different as well :D.

• I'd think you're messing with me because you're so damn pretty

• That's sweet but Im obviously nt everyone's type:)

• yeah... i girl doesn't need to try much try to look more kawaii that'll definitely work for the moment

• I'm shy so of course I'd like that, plus your beautiful to boot!

• Give you my contact details sure but a date I would have to get to know you a bit

• I'd say yes let's be friends.

• Ohhh... definitely dont want to be friendzone..

• Yeah that's right. First friends then May be more

• Well, I wouldn't want a girl to expect it to happen just because we are friends.

• Yeah, why not?

• Ya sure, I don't see why not

• Yup and I've done that 7 times before to other girls.

• Yeah right like you'd ever come up to me?
    Stop kidding yourself.

• Whattt ha ha. Im asking because i want to go up to a guy and ask for it. Im just not sure of how he will react.

• I was saying no woman including someone like you would ever waste their
      Time talking to me.

• I would say yes.
    You never know until you ask

• You're totally right. I'm just afraid of rejection.

• yes may be...

• I would say yes.

• Brutal honesty is what I do best :)

• yes u can have my number u gotta message me for it tho lol jk.

• UHmm... im not going to judge off a photo with a filter xD, too deceptive

• Hahah it's just black and white but it's cool

• the black and white can mask if you wear a lot of makeup and impuritys on the skin :P

• Oh i see. It's the only picture that shows me completely...

• If you came up to ask me this, my response would be, "why wait? lets go get a coffee now?".

• People I've never spoken to won't get my number.

• Ohh... that's what i was afraid of...

• Haha opps didn't make sense
      What i meant
      That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

• I'd say yes, but I wouldn't look much into it.

• 99% YES I would say YES

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 0