I have really flaky, inflamed skin on the side of my nose?

Hi everyone. Around the sides of my nose/cheek I have REALLY bad flaky skin there. Lately, on the left side of my face it's starting to look like it's been burned... Not sure how, but it looks broke, inflamed, lumpy and red. It just looks very badly sunburned which is impossbile because I haven't been out in the sun for weeks, possibly months.
An hour ago, I went to wipe my face with a baby wipe and noticed it started to sting, then it just started to look absolutely flakey and hard skin flaky dandruff started to fall off. I scrubbed to get the dead skin off my cheek but it just started to bleed and now it looks REALLY red and had little bleeding spots all over. I have no idea what to do. I can't even touch it because it stings and burns out of nowhere. I'm out of ideas! If you have any help, then please let me know! Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• From what you have said it sounds like Seborrheic Dermatitis: www.mayoclinic.org/.../con-20031872

I suggest you go to a dermatologist to have it looked at. I have this condition and it sounds just like what you are describing. Message me if you want to talk about it.

• Oh I forgot to mention, there is a natural treatment for it. Once your skin heals, use a cotton pad to apply apple cider vinegar to the affected areas for a week and it should clear up. I have not had a problem for 8 months and I only apply it once or twice a month.

• I do have that, but I didn't think it was THAT bad! Thanks.

• Well talk to a dermatologist, they can tell you what your problem is better than I can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a dermatologist, you need to get that checked out and the proper medical treatment for it.

What Guys Said 3

• I experienced this same condition several years back during my previous marriage. I tried many thing to get rid of it , to no avail. I went to a dermatologist who informed me that it was caused my my nerves. And it did make sence being my marriage was down the toilet and I was still trying to revive it ( much like kicking a dead animal ) . A few months after our Divorce was finalized my face cleared up and I have not had a single break out since

• Dry skin is most likely to blame.
    I've got dry skin below my eyes and near my nose, I use moisturizer every night to help with it, it works wonders.

• Go see a dermatologist. Best option in my opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• It is probably eczema i know some people who have it