How good looking would you rate yourself?

So far the guys seem to have a better opinion of their looks in general... are we women just hypercritical of ourselves?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I'd consider myself about a 6 or 7.

I'm not boasting by any means, but I've done a few (okay, more than a few) of those 'Rate Me'-type things on the Whisper app, and my average is an 8.5.

• It's ok to like the way you look:)

• Thank you for saying that!

I think the "problem" that women are confronted with is that we have to simultaneously be very careful about how we assess our own looks (almost to the point of self-deprecation, not sounding too self-absorbed), yet also be confident in our looks. It's a delicate balance. It's also a terrible dichotomy that we're faced with.

• You're right! Absolutely!

What Guys Said 56

What Girls Said 42

• Supposedly only 4% of women around the world consider themselves pretty. 96% of the female population see themselves as average/plain or below average.

• Good point... why is this do you suppose? Or are we underscoring ourselves?

• I scored myself a 6, which was a conservative estimate because I was rating me with sweats and a t shirt, no make up, sneakers.. if I did myself up, lost some weight and grew my hair longer I'd have given myself a higher score. We females are very self-critical when it comes to appearance and it's one of those nature vs. nurture conundrums.

• well i would actually call myself cute.. cuz everyone calls me cute.. cuz i am still a little kid... but if i had to rate myself with my age group i would give myself a 8

• Oh I'm a solid six.

For sure.

Wouldn't put myself much higher than that.

• Plain/10 :( I know some people would disagree, but that's my personal opinion.

• I'm pretty attractive but I'm no diamond... I'd say a 7.

• Depending on the day and my mood, a 6 or 7, I suppose.

• Probably a 5 1/2. A bit plain but cute

• I know that anyone who thinks highly of themselves is going to be labelled as "cocky" or "full of themselves"
    But idgaf
    I'm proud of how I've taken care of my general appearance over the years
    I'd give myself a 8 or 9 out of 10.
    Personality? Now that's a different story LOL

• My opinion on my looks have been corrupted by how others have percieved me (or so I assumed). They usually tend to compliment my brother and recently, it has been noticeable. Nothing on me but when they have a chance to compliment, it's on my brother. It just happened tonight and I quietly shed a tear or four with my oblivious parents amd brother still in the car. This was not meant to be a saddening story so I'll just get to it with a 4. Lesser than that is just me being too harsh on myself and that is never healthy.

• I have seen your profile picture and find you beautiful♡ Some people rave over those who are more outgoing simply because they are calling more attention to themselves. Perhaps you are shyer of the two of you?

• plain 5/ 10

• I've broken this scale so mannnny times 😁😁😁😁
    I'm too awesome for scales. 😛😘😍me!!😍😘😍😘😘😘me😍😍😍😉

• I'm off the scales baby!!! 👌

Kidding. I dunno. I never rate myself I think it's silly. I would probably give myself a 7 though

• 3. I was comparing myself to Mrs. Potato-head yesterday an we look a lot alike. I showed my crush and he said that's not true because he doesn't masturbate to the thought of a root and that made me feel like a strong 4.5 for a few seconds.

• the 5 - 6 range.

• If I put effort into my appearance that day about a 9, on other days 7,5 probs.

• it s a mix between 6-7-8.
    depends on the day, style etc..

• Plain/cute. So a 5.5.

• On that scale 5.5

• I think 9.

• With my mood atm. I feel like a 1 compared to every other woman in the world. that or -9000.

• Definitely a four.

• 6

Filler

• I'm a 7 was going to say 6 but I hate the cute thing.

• Beautifull

• Defiantly a 7 or a 8

• I would rate myself 7-Pretty

• That's a nice number:)

• Yeah, my friends all tell me that I'm beautiful, and so do people I don't even know. I just don't think so, I think I am okay, so I just went in between.

• Eh, I say about a 5

• It depends on the day but I would say 6, maybe 7 in my good days

• Only because I am feeling extra cocky today, 10 ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

• I would give myself a 6!

• More from Girls
    12