What colour should I dye my hair (or leave it?) ?

I want to dye my hair (I've kept it the same colour for my whole life, so I'd love a little change) and I've no clue what colour would suit me best. Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks in advance ^-^
p. s. excuse my lack of makeup haha

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to suggest without knowing more of your personality and what you're hoping to accomplish with it. If you consider yourself fairly conservative, but want a little bit of a change, something that won't be too 'weird' (especially for a first time) then just shift it a couple shades lighter or darker. Add some light brown/wheat blonde highlights to lighten the look, or something like a mahogany wash to add some darker red elements. It will give you something different, something people that know you will notice, without being something that will draw attention from strangers.

If you want something more radical, going with a dark purple or a less natural red can give you more 'extreme' hair without being super odd. Or you could combine it by doing a stronger colour but in a smaller area, like a purple or red but only the bangs. A "Victoria Hand" kind of thing (vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../250

• Well I can only go with natural, as my school dress code won't allow any crazy colour but thank you so much for your input! :)

• You're welcome.

If you have to stay in natural tones then something like the Crushed Garnet or Blowout Burgundy from the following chart would give you something interesting that would go with your facial structure and be nice and different without being too big of a change...

hairextensions-usa.com/.../...hair-color-chart.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your current color suits your skin tone. But if you want to try, maybe do auburn,

http://i.imgur.com/4SBRW8D.jpg

or a darker red (cherry maybe).

http://i.imgur.com/UQnj4Mc.jpg

Chocolates (a rich brown) would also suit you.

http://i.imgur.com/TZirthX.jpg

• Yeah, I was considering more the darker hair tones. The cherry one seems lovely :D

• I have a friend who dyesmd her hair red but then as her hair grew out, her natural colour changed :/ have you encountered that? I'm just curious because I do like my current hair colour and that's one of my fears haha

• Hmm... can't say I have. I don't color it frequently any more, but it's the same color it's always been. Did she try bleaching? That might have caused the hair follicles to make future hair grow differently? I believe they have less harsh chemical hair dyes now.

If you are looking to do it at home, I would maybe look in to the foam kind first, but it doesn't have to be. Read the label or look it up first, to see if it has less chemicals. Look for organic ones... I hear Naturigin was pretty good, but not sure if that is in stores near you.

http://www.naturigin.com/

What Guys Said 23

• I like your hair

• Go dark auburn

• Consider using henna. It's really good for your hair, and the red color it gives adds a subtle highlight to darker hair, which is fun.

• I think you should leave it. However if I may suggest I think you need to take more care of your hair, I don't know but from the picture I think your hair looks dry and brittle.

• Your excused 😝 lol anyways you hair looks perfect the way it is. :)

• Try snow white Blond

• You need @Star_Lord, send him some pics and your hairstyle and face cut and skin tone and he will tell you the color shade or combination of colors

• Silver. I've seen it a few times on girls where it totally worked. I think you have the right facial structure for it.

• My feeling says blonde would look gorgeous.
    And if you dare to be a little naughty, maybe red!
    Although I must say that such nice long hairs probably look good in every colour :D

• how about posting a pic with good lighting where people can actually see your current hair colour and much more? :P

that would be more important than having makeup ;)

• You shuold try dye your hair to any color you like, But I suggest you dye your hair to blonde or black. If you like the bright colors, try blue, green, purple. Also try deep red, It will be better a lot than the one you have.

• You're gorgeous you should leave it as is.

• Lack of makeup, you're still very beautiful without it.
    You could try a nice shade of blonde

• Leave it it looks amazing!

• You look amazing the way you are

• green... ;-)

• You look pretty hot

• you must go to doctor for acne

• You should keep it. It's cute like that.

• Black or really dark brown will be good

• Well if you refuse to smile go with black.

• my advice its to take a better picture. the lighting fucks it up so people can't tell... but your hair appears to be fine from what i can tell.

• Yeah, I know, it was a quick snap for the question haha, but there's always the profile picture thingy people can refer back to! :)

• memecrunch.com/.../image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

i'm not gonna lie, i didn't even think to look at your profile picture. you look really good with your natural hair.

• Probably go darker

What Girls Said 6

• Hard to tell with that lighting, haha! I would say that generally, you should stick to colors close-ish to your natural color (Unless you're going for something crazy, like purple or whatever). Like, if you have naturally dark brown hair, don't dye it blonde! And almost nobody looks good with dyed black hair. So I guess, if you're staying with a natural hair color, you should either go a little lighter, and little darker (very pretty for winter!), or a little redder. If you want a crazy color, I think you should go for your favorite color! Then when you see it in the mirror every day, it'll make you happy! :)

• First of all... never excuse yourself for being yourself, do not wear makeup, you're beautiful and you don't need it.

second of all, I like your hair the way it is.

• u could color it black or blonde

• To be honest it looks nice the way it is... at least from what I can tell, kinda hard with the lighting

• I say platinum blonde.

• Get some blonde highlights and you'll be a babe 👍🏼