Is a savings of 3k considered poor for being 21?

3100 to be exact 😁

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• savings really isn't a good determinant of being poor or rich or whatever. it's really based on what you earn

the rule i learned about savings is that you should have enough savings to carry you over in the situation that you lost your job. I don't know if you are working or in college but $3100 seems like a pretty decent savings.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I had that much saved up! I think you're doing well.

What Guys Said 10

• If you are able to save that kind of money after paying rent, buying food and other necessities, and paying bills, I think you're pretty well off for your age.

• It's a lot more than I had in the bank at that age, haha.

• Better than nothing, if it's good or not will depend on how much you are able to save. It can be good, it can be bad.

• That's a tidy little sum for someone as young as you TBH

• Any kind of a savings is good. You want to aim for at least 3 months of living expenses in reserve at all times.

• Do you have any debt?

• 9k in student loans

• Well, you certainly ain't rich. But I'm not sure I'd consider you poor either, since some people your age have a lot more debt than that.

• in dollars? nope at all

• Any savings at any age is good. Just keep putting away money each month and live within your means

• I save like 60% of each paycheck 😁

• That's awesome! Before you know it you'll have a good down payment for a house plus back up money for a rainy day

• I sure hope so 😬

• That's good money.

• I'm 10 years ahead of that and I don't have that kind of money :D

Then again I do pay mortgage and I like to buy guitars so there's that lol

What Girls Said 3

• For being 21, not really. I'm 19 and I have just over that much, but I also make myself live off of $50 a week and I live at home.

• *laughs maniacally at the word savings* no, it's not. Good on you.

• No its pretty good. You have enough money for college in some of the best countries.