A muslim man can marry 4 wives, do you agree with that?

a muslim man can marry 4 wives, do you agree with that?

• agree
  • disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• If everyone involved is happy and wants to be in that situation, then I don't really see a problem with it. It's only when one partner is uncomfortable or reluctant that it becomes a bad thing. It's still not something I'm interested in doing though :P

Most Helpful Guy

• the cult of islam also allows rape if there are 4 male witnesses.

i have muslim friends but...

This is long, but very true!
    The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
    The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
    The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
    The underwear Bomber was a Muslim
    The U-S. S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
    The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
    The Bafi Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
    The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
    The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
    The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
    The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
    The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
    The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
    The Beirut U. S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
    The Libyan U. S. Embassy Attack was by Musiims
    The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
    The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
    The Kenyan U. S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
    The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
    The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
    The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
    The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
    The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
    The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
    The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims'
    Think of it:
    Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
    Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
    Hindus living with Jews = No Problem
    Christians living with Shintos = No Problem
    Shintos living with Confucians = No Problem
    Confusians living with Baha'is = No Problem
    Baha'is living with Jews = No Problem
    Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
    Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
    Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
    Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
    Hindus living with Baha'is = No Problem
    Baha'is living with Christians = No Problem
    Christians living with Jews = No Problem
    Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
    Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
    Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem
    Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem
    Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem
    Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
    Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
    Muslims living with Christians = Problem
    Muslims living with Jews = Problem
    Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
    Muslims living with Baha'is = Problem
    Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
    Muslims living with Atheists = Problem
    MUSLIMS LIVING WITH MUSLIMS = BIG PROBLEM

• **********SO THIS LEAD TO *****************
      They’re not happy in Gaza
      They're not happy in Egypt
      They're not happy in Libya
      They're not happy in Morocco
      They're not happy in Iran
      They're not happy in Iraq
      They're not happy in Yemen
      They're not happy in Afghanistan
      They're not happy in Pakistan
      They're not happy in Syria
      They're not happy in Lebanon
      They're not happy in Nigeria
      They're not happy in Kenya
      They're not happy in Sudan

• No, you are wrong. Its why people dont truly live their religion in middle east. If they did, they wouldn't be like that

• @hereiam_ all i have to do is look at the results.

they are actively killing muslims and christians everyday. they are a muslim. just a different sect in a way.

all these muslims try to separate themselves from the radicals. on my facebook, on the news but how many people who have an opinion learned about islam? how mohammed was? its like how the radicals are...

peaceful ones cheryy pick what to beleive. they are more christian than muslim.

What Girls Said 16

• and i don't think my mother will allow my dad to even look at any other woman... a muslim can marry four wives cuz it is better than having an affair.. as having an affair is a sin

• My dad is muslim and he only has one wife.

• I don't like it, but I don't care if others are open to polygamy.
    Provided they're all of age and consenting to it, I don't care.

• they can do with their dicks what they want

I'm okay with 3somes and group sex, but I would prefer to be the only wife in my partner's life.

• Yeah, but there are strict conditions.

• i disagree with it

• Not all Muslim people are strict Muslim. That is like saying all Jews are Orthodox Jews.

• Whatever, as long as there is consent from all participants I could care less.

• If some people are fine with open relationship then why not this too...
    The only thing I can criticize is why the woman can have 4 husbands too.

• Can't * :p

• Oh and about "how I phrase my words" ... Well, since I'm beyond proud to be a Muslim, I like to be straightforward when it comes to explaining my faith.

• @TheLuckyOne1 I can't agree more, I'm really proud of u bro ^_^ Muslim and proud <3

• It's more to it than just that, mate.

• explain?

• I'll do my best.

The Prophet married four wives. The first was out of love and the other two were widows he wanted to help out if I'm not mistaken (financially etc.). Fourth was because his best friend, Abu Bakar wanted his daughter to spend her life with a honest and good-hearted man and Abu Bakar thought no one else but Prophet Muhammad.

What we can learn from this is that the ruling that a Muslim man can marry four wives was more than just for lust and his own pleasure. Unfortunately some have used this to their own advantage.

A man who wishes to marry more than one wife has to be financially capable and must treat each wife with equal love and affection. To this I say rarely any man is capable of being so equal. There will bound to be one he finds more admirable and worthy.

No woman would want to share her love for the man she married. However, if the man wishes to do it for good cause, I think the best way to go with it is to properly discuss the matter with his wife first.

• The prophet (peace be upon him) actually married 11 women, not 4.

• Only if the first wife gives permission.

• Why so many men agree with it? :(

• Polygamist have more than that... Yet no one bats an eye.

• It's their culture so we really don't have much say in whether it's right or wrong because to them it's different.

• I disagree, a man should only have one wife. If he has more I am afraid one day his **** is gonna fall off.

• I am a monogamous person, so I would not do that. If others want to be polygamists, that's their life, not mine.

What Guys Said 33

• Yes, that is true.

But the husband must treat each woman equally well and provide equally for each of them.

My cousin is an architect and she worked in the United Arab Emirates and in Qatar and in Bahrain and in Saudi Arabia and in Lebanon, and she said having 4 wives was the norm there. Some had even more than 4 according to her.

The sheiks there would even directly ask her to become their wife ! They had really never seen a tall blonde woman with blue eyes in real life.
    She ended up in prison on her first trip to Saudi Arabia for not wearing a head scarf, even as a foreigner ! O. o

But the women don't have many rights in these marriages and in those countries : A man in this culture can legally divorce his wife by sending her an SMS with "I divorce you" 3 times.
    A woman would have to apply for divorce at a Sharia court, I think.

• i'm not overly concerned with the polygamy aspect of Islam or Mormonism... it's more important that the human rights of the women and men are being recognized

• Said A, but I think the fact that he is Muslim has nothing to do with it. Polygamy is fine so long as all partners know and are content with the relationship.

A man could have 4 wives if they want, and a woman could have 4 husbands if she wanted.

• According to Islam rule, he can only marry another wife if his first wife agrees with it. and he has t give each of his wives each as much, be it money or sex.
    But not all Muslims follow their rules as strictly as people think.

• Its not an obligation to marry more than 1. Im muslim too, but i just would like one woman in my life.

• @hereiam_ I was referring to the conditions under which a Muslim may marry four wives.
      Those aren't respected as strictly. (like many other Muslim rules)

• Now i see what you mean, that's right. People are like changing the rules for theirselves (even if they know its not true)

• I disagree. I think all men should be able to marry four wives. At the same time why can't women marry four men? Why stop at four? Why are people in such need to dictate what one does? Hell why can't he marry four guys or a woman marry four girls. Or any combination of the sexes like 3 guys and 2 girls? I have enough going on at my house for me to worry about who the neighbor is wanting to marry. If you don't like it it's simple don't marry into it but let others live how they chose to.

Now if these are forced marriages that's a different topic and different rules would apply to that. Nobody should live in fear or be forced to do something they don't want to.

• I agree with someone being able to marry more than one person, but women should be allowed too (obviously it's not gonna happen in the Muslim world -_-).

• No he can't it's only for very limited cases and the first wife must MUST agree

• Yeah I'm no math major but 4-1 doesn't work given 50/50 male to female ratio.

That's only good in times of war when you have 3/4 of the guys dying which would allow the numbers to work out.

• I ( a Muslim man) am allowed according to my religion to marry up to 4 wives. Would I? No.

• I'm muslim and yeah we can marry 4 wives but thats rare and in speacial cases only.. If the man is rich and wanna marry more than 1 , he must be fair 100% with both of his wives ( 99% isn't enough ) and his first wife must be okay with that and accept that , If she isn't ok with that the man can't marry another one and if he ignore her acceptance its haram ( Forbidden )
    For me as a muslim guy , i'll marry just one <3 ^_^

• I don't know much about it, so I can't really agree

• As long as you can handle 4 mother's in law, it's all up to you

• I personally wouldn't marry more than one woman but I don't judge those that do.

If someone wants to take part in a polygamous marriage then that's upto them.

• A DURKA DURKAAAA

• Thats not all muslims thinking. And thats generally for Arab people, its common there, not in Turkey where i am. And yes muslim males are allowed but its not something we do. I just would like one person forever.
    I guess that when that man's wife is like about to die, i mean she can't do anything, the marriage would be at that time (with other female) But i still wouldn't do that.

• Putting up and tolerating one woman is a gargantuan task, I dread to think the size of the task of tolerating four women. Four lots of nagging, four lots of arguments and four lots of migraines.

• It's one of the only really awesome aspects of Middle-Eastern society.

• It sounds good to me! :D

• No, I think they should change the religion rules.
    As the world is changing very fast, we can't still stand on the blind faith.

• I agree, because the statement is true. It is a fact that a muslim man can marry four wives. My opinion on that is irrelevant.

• Well he can marry 4 cause better than cheating
    Or if his wife don't give him what he need

• Hey, it's his funeral that just sounds like an awful idea.

• this does not affect me in any way.

• Why only four?

• He can marry as many as he wants to.

• I don't give a shit about that...

• if a men marry with 4 wife its not normal. its pervert.

• I am so lucky I will never marry.

• What about Aids lol?

• Definitely agree! I think it is also nothing wrong to marry a 9-year-old girl! It is their culture! Do not judge!

• More from Guys
    3