I got called fat, but my bmi says I'm not?

This girl in my class called me fat in front of a bunch of people. She used me as an example of "big girls who shouldn't be wearing tight pants" and I'm confused. I'm 5'6 and weigh between 125-127 pounds and wear a size 2-4 in pants. I thought I looked great until today and this girl looks bigger than me. Am I missing something here? I've felt like shit all day.

thank you all <3

Most Helpful Guy

• You can wear whatever is appreciate and comfortable to you. Others can say whatever they want. Some girl calling you fat doesn't make it true. It can be just to your face, in front of a group, or behind your face. Doesn't matter. Don't believe everything you hear. She is just a bully who tries to put everyone down. Ignore her and move on with your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has a different perception of the 'perfect weight' I would have a heart attack if I went over 100 pounds. I wear a 00 because I feel fat in a 0. It is all personal preference, if you think you look great screw her.

• Why would you feel fat in a size 0

• @fun-weird-guy I suppose... but I doubt I am not the only one to feel this way.

• @Orchidfur Unless the person is naturally skinny then trying to get into the smallest size more than likely is unhealthy. You probably are not the only one to feel the way you do which is scary.

What Guys Said 7

• she's just an insecure bully who tries to boost her self esteem by tearing down other people.

clearly you're not fat at all

• I thought this would be a highschool thing but then I saw your age range. If a girls is in her twenties and still immaturely calling girls out in public like that than I can only conclude that her opintuon isn't worth a damn thing and should be discarded

• your BMI isn't a true representation of weight as BMI takes muscle mass into account, however you might be slim in the leg, but you could have a bit of a belly, thats the most noticeable place, legs and arms are harder to judge because toned legs or arms can appear "fat" when they are just toned

• my stomach is flat :-/ or at least I thought it was

• Nah, she's just bitter and stewp.

• If your BMI is 25 or less, you are not overweight.

• i would have 2 disagree with her , Probably just gelly

• Fuck that cunt! You're fine! She just needs her fucking ass kicked!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Tell her to screw herself. You should be able to wear whatever you want and she has no right to say anything. It doesn't matter what she says. Girls who hate on other girls are usually jealous. She probably sees you as a threat socially, keep doing what your doing and feel good about it. Haters are going to hate.

• That girl is probably a dumbass lol
    You're definitely not fat.
    And please stop listening to such comments. They only do harm and ruin your self-esteem. Be proud of yourself girl! No need to worry about your weight.