POLL: How Truthful Are You With "How Do I Look," "Rate Me," & "Who's Better Looking" Questions?

• Depends... If I don't have something nice to say, I don't say anything at all
  • Honesty is my GaG policy... if they can't handle the truth, they shouldn't have asked for it
  • I'm sometimes meaner than necessary because they're idiots for asking
  • I sometimes "white lie" since they obviously have low self-esteem. Building their confidence is the kind thing to do
  • I just don't. Period.
  • Whateva. I do what I want

Most Helpful Guy

• I follow the policy "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Some pics and rate-me's are on the bad side and I just don't have the heart to maybe ruin someone's day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has one feature they should use to their advantage.. I try hard to give truthful and helpful tips, most who use this part of gag are young with some form of self esteem issues, I'm older and wiser and I gently tell them it doesn't matter what people think and try my best to make them see themselves in a positive light.
    I don't ever answer the whose better looking questions- those are ridiculous questions.. the 1 to 10 questions there is no such thing as a 10 in anyone..10 is perfect even celebs we think is a 10 has had help to get to a 10...
    I think people shouldn't ask questions they don't want the answers to..

What Guys Said 8

• I tend to avoid answering if I think they are legitimately below average. If I think they are average I'll say that they are cute or maybe compliment whatever I think their best feature is.

With that being said, I find it funny when I see people dishing out 9s and 10s for ratings. It does seem to me that people seem to inflate their ratings more when the asker is a girl but are generally more honest when its a guy. (just my observation)

I mean technically I can't prove that they don't really see them as a 9 but I kinda doubt it. By definition, 9s should be rare and should be significantly above average. They should have above average levels of facial symmetry and harmony. They should have striking features that would stand out if you were to see them on the street. Based on gag ratings every girl who has ever posted a rate me is an 8 or higher :/

I see normal looking people who you'd never really look twice at get 9s and 10s for ratings and then I'm like "ok either I'm extremely shallow or gaggers have low standards"

Statistically they should be rare, but maybe gag just attracts really good looking people.

• I've never told someone I didn't find them attractive but I don't find everyone here attractive so yeah, I just avoid saying to people that I don't fancy them. That said, I don't get the appeal of Scarlet Johansen, Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Anniston so what do I know?

• I usually only answer those questions if I find that person attractive. Unless they're full of themselves thinking they're a god/goddess and they're not even close to a 6, then I would just tell them what I really think.

• I'm completely truthful, I just answer the ones I have something good to say xD.

• Copy & paste from one of my answers:

I think many people tend to say positive things not to hurt the asker and also, because if he/she posted, is because of confidence issues and people tend to boost them.
    Also because of that I feel like, it's deep down an ask for a compliment, so I would never really know if what people said was really what they thought...
    I hope it didn't get confusing.

If I don't have anything good to say, I say nothing at all

• I'm 100% truthful 100% of the time. I'm sometimes hard on the skinny girls that ask why they're so fat, that gets on my nerves.

• I meant to press option A, but I did B on accident.

If I don't have anything good to say, then I won't say anything. If I see someone is ugly, I'm not going to post "You ugly," or anything like that. Not my personality.

• I just say everyone is cute because most of those people are trolling and know they look good anyway. It's either that or insecure people fishing for compliments to help their damaged self esteem. Either way it's unattractive behavior.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm completely honest. I don't say it harshly but if someone's not a 10 I'm not going to beat around the bush.

I usually tell them what's their flaw and how to fix it if possible.