Why do I look so ugly in photos taken with flash?

I always thought I was okay looking, like I look good (I'm not trying to be conceited) when I look in the mirror or I take selfies with friends and stuff but as soon as that professional camera comes out and I have to pose I look like a truck hit me and I turned into a zombie and there I am taking a photo, you feel? I just hate how I look in photos, like I want to avoid them but because I'm into the party scene there is always one person with a camera with this huge flash and omg what can I do

Most Helpful Guy

• Using flash is not always a great choice. Rarely actually. I prefer changing certain camera settings. If the photographer is standing too close and using flash then the brightness ruins the coloring. The skin looks very different in pictures taken with flash. So it's that added burst of brightness that ruins the way you look in those pictures. If you look great in pictures taken without flash then you got a great look in general. So, don't feel bad about yourself because the flash of the camera is to blame.

What Guys Said 3

• they are probably doing the flash wrong or you are part vampire and the flash is making you part invisible :P

• I'm sure you look better than you think. Why not post a pic and let GaGgers convince you of that?

• I guess it's the camera that distortions it.

What Girls Said 0