Is weight worth ending a relationship?

I went through chemo treatment twice while being with my ex, I worked full time as a nurse and still kept up with everything at home. It was hard but my ex was supportive. Then after I went into remission I naturally put on weight post chemo as I was severely under weight. My ex stopped sleeping with me and eventually told me he wasn't attracted to me anymore because I put on weight. I know I need to lose a bit but I didn't think I was at the level of rejection. Is my body really that bad that it's worth throwing away a good five year relationship?Is weight worth ending a relationship?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I lost my wife two years ago to cancer. She went through many chemos and two stem cell transplants. She definitely gained weight also, She was also a nurse, but could not continue while in treatment and her license expired. She gained a lot, too but I never stopped loving cuddling up to her in bed, touching her, and making love to her.

Yes, you have excess weight and I hope you can continue to lose it, But he should be with you this whole time and loving every minute he has with you. And by the way, even though you have the extra weight, you still look GOOD!

• Thank you for your support and honestly. Yes I do need to lose weight but I appreciate the nature in which you said it. Thank you :)

• You only need to lose it for your own health. You are far more than just acceptable as you are. And I would certainly not push you to losing it for my sake if you were my gal. You are great as you are.

Most Helpful Girl

• honey you look great! i'm sorry you've been through so much. i'm not sure if he's saying he doesn't want to be with you anymore because you put on weight... i'm wondering if maybe he's unsure and worried about your health and maybe just uncomfortable about how to deal with all you've been through. just continue to take care of yourself. that's all that matters... and wait and see how or if he adjusts to it all. i hope this helps. take care.

• Thank you for your help. It might have all been too much which I can respect. I suppose if you fall in love with a person and they change it can be hard to deal with. But it's better to have the truth and maybe some day I'll meet someone that will make me a better person by loving me the way I am regardless. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 14

• Not a chance. Ya u have a bit extra but ur curves! Damn!!! U look hot! I think he's a dick for breaking it off cuz of that. He don't deserve u. If anything when u lose the weight u should find urself a great new man and go flaunt in his face what he's missing lol

• What a douche, your ex is. First off congrats on battling cancer and winning. You are gorgeous, don't let him make you feel any other way. I my self am 6'3 235 fit muscular, work out daily. I prefer thicker women, don't let it bother you. A healthy weight verse Society expectations are two different things. Just stay healthy, find a man to love you for you. I repeat anyone who has battled cancer, my mother fought it for 15 years and lost. My father never once left her side. Your ex is a creep it's his loss.

• No, it wasn't worth it - especially since you were actively working on losing weight so you would be more healthy. Your ex is a fool for breaking up with you based on the weight gain.

• If he actually dumped you only because you gained weight i think he is a complete douche bag and he didn't deserve you anyways, while i do think that you need to lose some weight, i do not agree with what he did, IF that really was his only reason to leave you.

• Hell no. You look great! And if a guy really loves his woman, she can gain a hundred pounds and he will still want her, regardless of his preferences.

• I think your body is fine the way it was. I certainly wouldn't say no or leave you because of these reason. I know it'd be hard but I wouldn't take his opinion personally if he's putting that over everything you've been through together he isn't worth your time now matter what experiences you've shared.

• You look fabulous, and be so proud of your strength in such a tough battle.

• i think that you look just fine and if your boyfriend or husband doesn't like it then it's his loss not yours.

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with you! That's his loss. I would be proud to stand by a strong woman such as yourself.

• ... Where did you start from? Did you gain like 50 pounds during the course of the relationship? Because that's a lot of weight regardless of your conditions.

Additionally, his reason for dumping you probably wasn't solely based on weight but more on your lack of care for your own body. You don't seem to be 'great' looking as most people are saying here. in my opinion, you do look obese.

• "That's a lot of weight regardless of ur conditions" ? Man that's BS! Some conditions ur gonna gain weight regardless. U can basically starve urself there isn't a damn thing u can do about it. And obese? Not a chance. But I guess that's a matter of personal opinion. I'd say she's at least another 80-100lbs away from obese.

• Dude your a ass clown!!! How insensitive can you be? Do you not under stand what cancer/chemo does to you physically? I think she should disregard your opinion... It's completely fucked.

• End the relationship this guy is a self centerd dick if he truly loved you it wouldn't matter hed just be thankful that your still alive

• I mean you kinda are really fat so

• he probly only liked you for your looks or something. i think he's kinda stupid

• If he really loved you he would stay with you regardless

What Girls Said 5

• wow that's like leaving you because you're healthy again. that's disgusting. good for you, working and getting through chemo. you're a very strong woman and you're very blessed. im sorry you weren't so blessed with a shitty SO. sure you're a little overweight but that's what happens when your body recovers from something like that. you still look fine. you'll find someone better. I am glad your health is better. ❤️

• To me you look fine to be honest. And I'm not sure about your ex because you said 5 year relationship. If you've been together for that long physical appearance shouldn't interrupt each others attraction

• I would think so, we didn't have any other issues so I have to take his word I suppose. Thank you for the support though :)

• Your ex is a fuckin idiot. Don't let idiots make you feel like shit. Ever.

• it's not like you even look obese! and it's sad that he would throw away a relationship because of weight (which you can lose if you choose). I would re-think that relationship if he can easily toss it away after weight gain!

• Wow, that's selfish and overall a stupid reason to break up. You're going through something and you seem like a very strong woman. I'm sorry your ex couldn't see that.

• Thank you hun, one day I'm sure I'll realize it's his loss. Thank you for the support I appreciate it :)