How much money should a 22 year old female have saved up? I have 3k?

And I have 10k in school loans. Am I considered poor? (Poll below to answer this question).

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• You have negative 7000 dollars.

However you are 22.

Your primary asset is not in the bank, it's your future earnings.

If you've invested in them, you're doing well.

A medical school graduate in a specialty might have a net worth of minus 300 or 400 thousand dollars at age 28. They're doing amazingly and will retire rich.

Most Helpful Girl

• School loan debt is what will bring you down. It just takes time to clear away. Once you do and end up on the positive side, you'll be better.

I'm 21 with no school debt and have a lot saved in my bank. I know I am lucky with that and need to keep investing and working hard.

• I know I'm just unlucky say it 😑

• Nah, just keep going! You can pull yourself out of debt. School loans suck to pay back.

What Guys Said 9

• Rich and poor depends a LOT on age and where you are in life. (and where you live) At your age you are doing pretty well. You have some money saved. It sounds like you're getting, or already gotten some college. Overall you are doing better than average.

If you were 50 years old, you'd be in bad financial shape. But at your age it's just fine. Try to get the loans paid off, and otherwise just keep doing what you've been doing. You are going in the right direction and that's what's important.

• Yes but a 22 year old with student loans is expected to be poor. 3,000 sounds like you are in a pretty good position to start growing your career & finances.

• It's all relative. Compared to me, you're poor because I don't have any debt. But compared to most people in Africa, you're still really wealthy.
    It depends on which country you're in. If you're an American, you're probably about average.

• Depends on a number of factors, whether you have your own place, whether you're working, monthly expenses etc.

• yep, by your age there should be a million USD in your accout, if not you get publicly executed for being a failure.

• I got 34k lol. Then again I've been investing. No school debt either.. You mirin?

• prostitution awaits.

• I really don't care

• Im 17 and am quite lucky to have inherited £7000. I play to put it in a help to buy ISA and continue saving once a get a job next year. Hopefully after a 3 or so years Ill have more than enough for a deposit for a house :)

• Luck does not exist in my life

What Girls Said 1

• I usually have $-50 (yes, minus) by the end of the week after paychecks. It's not that I'm a big spender. I only use the money for bills and groceries. It's one of the major cons of moving out before you're ready. My boyfriend's condo has pretty expensive bills and mortgage. I was 18 when I left home and I am 19 now. I'd say you're doing really well.