Would you mistake me for a boy?

I am actually posting in this section. I think that spider scared my brain away. (A spider crawled out of my socks this morning)
Would you mistake me for a boy?Anyway there's me. I'm not asking to be rated so please don't do that. I hate the stupid 'out of ten' thing. Nobody is a ten!
Nobody.

I'm just wondering if you'd mistake me for a guy. I'm not worried so please don't try to console me. I need no consoling. It's just that I've been asked a few times which I am, and some of the people who ask seem like arseholes to me and may have simply been trying to get me down. (They failed. By the way)

What do you reckon?

• You look like a girl.
  • You look like a guy.
  • Pff. Don't care. Answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a nice picture, and you clearly look like a girl in it, but I can see how your face could be interpreted as being fairly androgynous. The face reads as androgynous, the hair is fairly feminine the way you have it done, even though it's short, and the body is super feminine. So you really read strongly as a woman. But in cases where the body was distorted, say through baggy clothes, it would become more difficult.

You could 'guy' yourself up fairly easily, but you should not be actually confused with a guy in most normal circumstances unless the person is really obtuse.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I cut off my hair like a boy, I would not be "surprised" if anyone mistook me for one. It's bound to happen!

I can tell you're a girl... But.. A lot of guys have feminine features... And even feminine voices... And if that weren't enough, a lot are getting implants as well.. O. o. .. so if you "were" a boy, you'd be offended of me mistaken you for a girl... So sometimes people rather ask, than to just assume...

And while "some" people might be assholes, it doesn't mean all who mistakenly take you for a boy, are assholes, it can just seem confusing.. .. Even guys with long hair can be mistaken for females at a glance, unless they have super manly faces. ... And even then, there are also many girls with manly features...

So is it bad for someone to confuse your for a boy? No.
    Is it bad to be an ass about it? Yes.

So if it bothers you SO much to be mistaken for a boy, either let your hair grow, or add something more feminine to your face.. Like light make up or more sparkling earrings.. But then again, many guys wear earrings today xD... So either that, or just simply learn 'not' to be so offended by this, if this is how you choose to look.

• I'm not bothered by it. Just curious. I've gotten the question all through my life. A lady in Target once called my my stepmothers son and I got asked a few times at my old school.

I know not everyone that asks is an arsehole, but I tend to judge people on the sort of 'feel' I get from them. It's an instinctual thing.

It doesn't bother me. And I'm not going to go to any effort fix it.

What Guys Said 42

• Well not from the front probably not, because you do have feminine features and a soft face with that hair cut though I probably would from the back, though it's a common mistake when I had my really curly hair I was often mistaken for a girl when I had my back to someone when I was younger.

• No you're a woman :)
    I have a girl in class and she really dressed like a guy, also has a lower voice so that works for her. She's convincing, but she's still a woman. At the first 5 secs, she could be mistaken for a guy (and after that something in your brain clicks)
    But not you ^^

And HOLY PEACH, out of your sock?
    And yea I dislike the rating too, I usually just say 8

• With the really short hair and adrogyneous clothes I can see how u can be mistaken for a dude from a distance

• You have a very soft facial expression so I would definitely say you look feminine. Don't worry, your other feminine features also point out your sex so your fine! :)

• Not even a little. Unless you wore baggy clothes and thick glasses that made your look more ambiguous

• You look like a lesbian.
    I suggest growing out your hair.

• I think your facial features are very soft and feminine so I would say you look like a girl.

• Yeah your facial features are too feminine to not be known as a lady's, it the short hair that some people find to be confusing which is funny, because I'm much more sexually attracted to women with short hair. I was trying to convince one girl that was into me that she should cut her hair... didn't work through.😢 she would've been so sexy but no she had to keep her long hair that get in to guys mouths and eyes... why😭.

• Your face clearly isn't masculine, but your hairstyle and clothing style seems to be.

• No, definitely a cute girl.

• Your features give you away as a guy. In other words, your chin is too rounded to be a guy, and your shoulders are not as squared as that of a man.

• No I would not.
    You have feminine body features.

Its always a possible risk when you have short hair. Like if I spot you in the distance.

• Maybe at first glance if you were wearing a like hoodie with baggy pants.

• Considering my flat arse I don't think it's matter what pants I was wearing XD

Thanks for being honest though.

• TBH, you couldn't pass as a guy. Sorry.

• You look like a girl.

if I can reply by only seeing you back then I would be confused... but from front you are not boy type

• If I don't see you have boobs it could most likely happen. I have to say the first thing I used to identify you were the obvious ones

• Why Thankyou. Yes I am human XD

I'm sorry. Strange sense of humour.

• It was one in the morning when I wrote that.

• Its 2 am and my feet has a cramp

• You look like a girl with a pixi hair style

• You look like a girl with short hair.

• A boy, nope... you look like a girl and its obvious

• Yes, then I'd do a double take, then just forget about it and go about my day

• I surely mistook you for a guy

• Nah I wouldn't mistake you for one

• not really , you have smooth skin ..

• Just a little bit

• Yes, I think it makes you look boyish. I'd probably do a double take if I saw you walking near me.

• You've got boobs. Not a boy.

• Hey gorgeous.. :P

• you look delicious

• you just have short hair but face is a pretty girls face :)

• with the tank top , no. Dressed wearing mens clothing, yes.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 13

• Yeah, at quick glance, depending on what you're wearing, I could definitely see myself mistaking you for a guy.

• I don't think so.
    You seem like a cool, confident person though.

Maybe with certain clothing you might fool some people,
    but I don't think I would be fooled if you showed up this way.

• If you were wearing baggy clothes and no make-up, maybe. There are a lot of beautiful women with short hair who can pass as guys though, so I think it's kind of stupid when people are mean about it or use that to try to hurt someone.

• I would never mistake you for a boy, it's obvious that you're a girl. Maybe they say that because of your hair (not saying that it makes you look like a boy), I'm just saying what they might think.

• you look perfectly like a girl

• The hair is the only thing that makes you look like a guy.

• no i would not mistake you for a guy! you're pretty and obviously a girl with a cute pixie haircut! dont let anyone else tell you different :)

• Maybe if it was just a quick glance, although the short hair is mostly to blame for that.

• Even with the short hair you have a very feminine face.

• It s mainly due to your hair if not only.
    Why do you like it so short or is there a medical reason?

• I've always wanted it short. Partly because it's easier and mostly because of memories attached to long hair.

People asked when my hair was longer too.

• Ah makes sense, wrll fuck her and rock that pixi hair👏👏

• Haha, plan to!

• Well at first glance sorta thought you looked a guy but only because of the haircut.

• depends on what you're wearing but you look pretty feminine otherwise

• you would probably look like one if you

grew out your front bangs a little and left then straight down another good way is to just completely almost cover your whole face with hair lol
    like this person : 38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memvenu6lf1rqxgho.jpg

(thats really a girl) but you have to do it right like that person or it will look really stupid

and if you just stayed really thin to get rid of your feminine body shape and then wore baggy clothes, and not tank-tops lol and maybe get some tattoos I don't know