Why do some people expect others to be perfect, whether it be looks or personality, when they aren't perfect themselves?

I've constantly been told my whole life what I SHOULD be or what I SHOULD have. Maybe you should whiten your teeth? You should have bigger boobs, not every guy likes a kid. Go to the gym, everyone will like you better if you lose a few. These all come from flawed people. I've always been someone who contineously believes every human is so beautiful, I love seeing people being happy, happy with themselves especially. But I come across humans who believe everyone should live to please others, I've come across a lot on this website, and it sucks. It sucks because of how many people walk around worrying about being themselves. Why are people like this, I'll never understand, not in a billion years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its just the way life is. I'm just like you, when I look at somebody I can find the good in them, in their looks and personality because eim comfortable enough with myself to let others shine too. But those who only want to bring others down are called haters

What Guys Said 9

• This is a good question, some believe there are perfect people in this world, I do not think that way at all.. and I would not ever want to meet someone who thought that way or thought they were perfect.. I myself am in no way perfect.. I am far far from it.. but I do always like to be my honest self to most everyone I meet..
    (most all are women).. I would hope that I am a person they like and someone that would treat them right and anything pretty much could be asked of me by them and I will tell them the truth always but only if they are not just some smart ass jerking my chain to make some crude joke about me to their friends later... or.. ones that think they are.. Perfect

• They must think they are perfect so if somebody says something like that to you then say "good idea, and why don't we go together because yours need more work than mine!" It should stop them saying it again in the future and dent their confidence enough that they no longer they think they are perfect.

• Very good point.
    When you offer advice it should be constructive while accepting that the other person may give some advice back. There are little sayings floating around like "Nobody's perfect" and "Don't throw stones if you are in a glasshouse", there is some truth in all of them.
    I believe you should live your life for yourself not others - If someone says go to the gym and get a girlfriend, it would go in one ear and out the other - If they said go to the gym, you will feel healthier and it will help you in the long run, I would think about it and maybe decide to do it.

• People judge too much ffs.

I see posts of girls like "when he say he's 5-"
    And there's just a frowning selfie.

Yet the girl is no model in turns of looks. Someone replied "when she's says her weight starts with a 2" 😂

People are quick to judge flaws, but like you said. They are flawed too. Perfection does not exist. They could be the hottest girl and have the IQ of a carrot.

• You are so right! I love you for this..

People judge and command other people but they should know that i DON'T want what they want or have in life.

• 🙇 it sucks, people need to stop being shallow!

• I sincerely admire your character Aimee. I love you the way you are! I wish i can ever have a girlfriend like you, i would be the happiest men in the world.

• aw thank you so much! I'm sure you'll find your girl one day 😊

• We are products of our society and our society lives on through us. You do not understand because you've simply joined a different school of thought but that doesn't erase the other.

• They proabably think you can look better. Like im average, i can't get better or worse than that. They are wanting to turn you from a 7 to a 9. See what im saying.

• I don't expect a woman to be perfect, but I expect from her no less than what I am able to bring to table, it's not my fault a lot of women cannot deliver what I can.

• ? what. I'm saying that people should be themselves haha, the whole point of my question was that it's dumb to try and change yourself for others. It's not about "delivering"

• I agree with you.

• They are shallow and don't know the true meaning of love (it's a choice not a feeling).

What Girls Said 1

• Because they are that hard on themselves.