What is considered a good college GPA in your eyes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly GPA doesn't matter to me, to me what matters is the content of their knowledge and how they use it not what some paper say's, besides not all schools even have a GPA my college for instance wouldn't have one I don't think due to how it is structured which is differently from other colleges ( of course I could be wrong pretty sure I'm not though ) but yet it's one of the best schools in it's field. So because I wouldn't have one does that make me stupid? or not as smart as others? no not at all, the knowledge I acquire and how and when I use it determines that and my knowledge expands from beyond what any school could teach because I continuously advance my knowledge in all fields by studying and learning for fun on my own.

Same thing applies to those that have lower GPAs it could also be a matter of the person being quite smart and or intelligent but yet just not caring enough to want to do well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess my GPA isn't acceptable to people on here oh no hahaha I won't post what I think is good then..

• I'm like 2.8 or 2.9. I'm so stupid :(
      But I got all A's and B's this semester so I hope to raise it. As long as I don't tank my finals, I'm good.

• If you do well on your finals, you should be able to bring it back up!

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't judge a person on whether they went to college or not and what their GPA is - I care much more about what type of person they are.

• The firm i started out with threw away every resume below 3.4, regardless of whatever your life story was.

• Ideally you'd want to get onto cum laude which is the lowest of the honors. Most colleges start that around 3.4 to 3.5. But anything above a 3.0 is considered good.

• 4.0 Anything less is unaccepable :|

jk :P 3.0 and above is considered excellent, 3.4 would be pretty ideal.

• At least a 3.0 I should know Cuz I go to college. A 2.0 is a passing G. P. A. but to be better a 3.0 is the way

• 4 A's and 1 B each semester is an average semester for a good student, so I guess a 3.33GPA.

• 3.0 and up is acceptable

• Greater of equal to 3.8
    This is what you call a "GOOD" GPA

• 4.0.

...

• Anything above a 3.5 is good, I have a 3.3 but in my defense I'm an engineering major haha

• If I wasn't an IT major, my GPA would be like a 3.8 -_-. I am sadly enrolled in my weakest subjects haha

• a 4.0 is the only thing i accept as good

• you aren't very realistic are you?

• I know what my potential is. and anything below a 4.0 is below my potential

What Girls Said 5

• for my standards, anything above a 5, which is what I've been sticking to. anything lower isn't considered 'dumb' to me though.

• Anything 3.5 and above. Mine dropped to a 3.4 last semester. I hope it went back up after this years Finals

• My institutional is a 3.55 and my overall is a 3.47 :/

• In college Bs and Cs drop you quick. Thats why I strive to get As

• Agreed

• A 3.0 and higher

• 3.5 or higher. I have a 3.2 overall now. I screwed up my GPA in the mid 2000s but I rebuilding it. I transferred schools and at this UNT I have a 4.0... Which gives me an overall of 3.2...

• No lower than 3.6