I'm 19. Why have I never been asked out? Am I not pretty enough?

My friends all have boyfriends either from high school or they met a guy this semester at college. I am a freshman in my first semester of college and I thought I would meet boys at my college considering there's more boys here than girls but guys barely show interest in me and when I try to talk to them they don't really continue the conversation or they kinda ignore me and talk to other girls and friends.

Im pretty shy but i have friends and stuff. They are mostly girls though. I don't know how to befriend guys because they seem to talk to other girls. They don't talk to me that much. Just like in high school, unless they need to ask me something or talk to me :( I try my best to look nice and be friendly and talk in class occasionally but I've never had a guy ask me out for 19 years. I barely had any guy friends even. Guys barely notice me.

Its not because I'm not active on campus. I'm in 5 clubs and I volunteer but I feel like other girls don't need to do much at all to meet guys and have them ask them out or have guys flirting with them.

Girls at my high school and college don't seem to like me that much either. Like some of my friends friends look at me weird and ice me out so it makes it awkward cause everyone's already friends and I just met them. Some are super nice but some don't even give me a chance.

How do I make more friends girls and guys? What can I do to have boys approach me more?

i can't help but think it's because I'm not attractive enough cause guys would approach me if they thought I was pretty right?

I'm 5'6, 115 pounds, and i have 32DD boobs.
http://tinypic.com/r/hts6eg/9

• nine
  • eight
  • seven
  • six
  • five
  • four
  • three

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I can see, I gave you an eight out of ten. Your face is very attractive and you have large breasts.

I have no idea why you haven't been asked out. Beauty is subjective, but I'm sure many guys would find you physically attractive. Even if they didn't find your face attractive, they should at least find your boobs attractive, which is usually a sole reason guys would date a girl. I'm surprised to be honest.

Now, have you asked a guy out? I'm assuming you haven't, since you said you're shy. I would recommend asking some guys out and see what they say. I would be baffled if you were continuously rejected.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm six years older than you and I've still never been asked out, and I've been rejected by every girl I've asked out in my life. Similar to you, girls always ignored me in high school and college, despite how assertive I was among them. I'm in the exact same boat and I feel it's because too many modern day people are superficial (girls are shallow due to money I notice).

How can you meet more guys? I would solely recommend just talking to several guys. I know it's annoying, but just keep trying.

Good luck!

• I sometimes do try but they don't talk much or seem interested but thy have a lot to say to other girls and they never take the initiative to talk or hang out

• Omg :/ :(

• I guess your college has a problem with attractive young ladies finding boyfriends.

Most Helpful Girl

• let me tell you something. im 23 and have my first boyfriend as of one month ago. i never kissed a boy until last year and never been on a date until last year either. i am very smart, very pretty, skinny and fit looking. i am a cheerleader and a future doctor. so no you are not weird. no you are not not pretty enough. ill be honest with you. i am really happy i waited this long for a relationship because i have the maturity for one. i appreciate it and understand what being in a relationship means. often times people get in relationships cuz they think its what they should do, dont be that girl. when you meet the right guy you'll no. u will meet someone but dont think that there's anything wrong with u cuz u dont have one

• Thanks that's great to hear and good for you haha. I feel like part of my pressure comes from my parents cause they kind of expect me to be dating now and their friends ask if I have a boyfriend and they say wow it's kind of late to not have a boyfriend yet. Ugh

• Lol that seems to be the norm now.

• so dont worry about what people think

What Guys Said 29

• I had a look at your pic and think you are lovely - I feel it is very hard to force an issue like this - I know it seems a bit trite to say this but one day you will look back and laugh about how you worried about this - Just keep being yourself, you never know the time or place , the where and when you will meet a guy who likes you because you are you - Billions of people have had a wait for their first bf/gf but the vast majority got there in the end so will you someday.

• Ok first of all just take a breather you sound like you're panicking a little. Second no you are not unattractive you are very gorgeous. You have done nothing wrong at all and you simply just haven't stumbled across the right guy yet. Don't be in such a rush. Just because the other girls are meeting a bunch of guys does not mean they are meeting QUALITY guys. I always thought most universities had more women then men so it's surprising to hear of one where there's more guys than girls.

Again though, just relax and enjoy life. Have fun in your clubs and do well in school and continue just being nice when you talk to guys and eventually a decent dude will come along. Don't be so hard on yourself. Keep your chin up.

• Thank you! That's true the guys might not be quality but there are probably really great guys at my university. They can't all be bad but either way they don't like me. Part of the pressure to date comes from my parents. They say I should date soon or all the good ones will be taken lol And I go to a pretty techy college so there's more guys.

• True but that's not anything wrong with you. Those guys I guess just like the vibe and look that the other girls give off. And that's just those guys not all guys though. I see plenty of girls all the time that are attractive and are charming to talk to that have trouble attracting a guy. It really can be just simple bad luck.

• What's weird is that I thought the girls from my high school are prettier than the girls at my college overall. Same with the guys. But more guys in high school paid attention to me. Like some of the guys in my high school that I thought were attractive thought I was attractive but here I can barely get any type of guy to talk to me but they talk to other girls a lot and flirt with those girls.

• " I try my best to look nice and be friendly and talk in class occasionally but I've never had a guy ask me out for 19 years. "

lets be fair here... i doubt many guys were turned on by you when you were a toddler, so i'd say you've been truly "undesired" for perhaps four to five years. Now with that being said, you look perfectly fine... fine enough to get a boyfriend.

Remember:
    lolsheaven.com/.../...s-Mother-has-a-Boyfriend.png

• Um ok? I realize I don't have a boyfriend so no need to rub it in my face. Wow. And obviously no it's not because Guys don't even talk to me and approach me with the intention to become friends let alone pursue me romantically.

• You look great 7/10.

Not sure why you so upset about this. Given that you said "19 years" your probably 19.

I went out with a girl only this summer and I was 22. This was the only girl who actually went out with me, who I been with for 6 months and who was my very first.

Now I'm back to being single as we broke up 3-4 weeks ago. I'm not your average guy so I automatically loose a lot of brownie points with girls but whatever, I'm happy with my life "somewhat".

I'm sure you will find a guy. It just takes time, I'm sure I will find girl in time.

• Ok thanks for telling me about yourself but you're a guy i don't see the relevance of your story.

• The relevance is in the fact that I been single for 22 years, and I'm back to being single. There are people out there who are in their 30's and still single. Everyone blooms differently. Also as per good amount of statistics it's much easier for woman to choose potential partner vs man choosing.

Given the fact that you're decent looking you have a wide pool to choose from. 5, 6, 7/10 guys. Now you can't choose 9/10 or 10/10 guys since they have pretty much whole pool to choose from and will go for the high league pool.

Given that you're a decent looking girl, your in school so you got the smarts (assuming your passing) I don't see why you will not eventually meet someone. Only problem I may see is if your picky or have a high standard bar aka "going for guys outside your league"

• Boys don't ask you out because of your cup size (beware of those who do!)
    People try to get closer to you because of who you are. Be more open. (Less picky too, maybe: I was and still am too picky).

• I'm picky but guys wouldn't know that by looking at me lol. They never even talk or approach me so I don't think that's the problem? Not Being open might be the reason though. Can you elaborate?

• Being too attractive is a real thing guys are afraid your already taken so its like what's the point? Plus there is the fear of rejection.

• I don't think that's the problem here since they talk and flirt with pretty girls all the time.

• Is my point so I grouped them together

• There are average girls who get guys so yeah I don't rate but your very attractive if I had to rate I'd say you are a 9.

• You are really pretty. Maybe the reason why you actually can not is due to the fact that you hold yourself back. If you are shy people perceive you as introverted. It is not a bad thing, but it will hold you back in the dating, and social life. I used to be like you. What I did to be come an ambivert, and an extrovert later on is I learned to socialize more with people, and hang out more with people. You have to find people that you can fit in with. This will help you more, and maybe you will find the person you want in life as well.

• Well I do have friends but I mean I hang out with different people

• You need to show yourself more, and be more unique. Make yourself special.

• You are most definitely beautiful and gorgeous from head to toe so it's not your looks. I would have to say you look very intimidating to me and I wouldn't expect a guy especially a younger guy would find you any different. I think that's your problem right there.

• Thank you but I don't think I'm intimidating. There are so many pretty girls those guys talk to and actually seem interested in hanging out with them.

• You're welcome! I can see in your picture you're not just pretty you also have a higher level of appeal going on there which is excellent but intimidating too. And if you're quiet not as open as other girls guys will see that as a extra challenge because they not only have to ask you out, they have to enter your space to get it done.

• You're cute seriously. I don't do number ratings but you're good.

If you're not happy with your situation you could try approaching some guys you're interested in too.

• I'm really shy and again sometimes I try to talk to them but they don't really continue the conversation but they talk to other girls a lot and are friends with those girls :(

• you are prettycute and attractive from what i can see so im guessing the problem is in your attitude or how you present yourself

• Could you elaborate?

• I don't think it's because I'm not nice. Because they have to talk to me in order for them to know if I'm nice or not. They don't even talk to me or approach me. How do I be more open?

• mostly body language making eye contact smiling more and being more flirty no guy can resist that

• I voted 7 out of 10 but I was torn between that and 8 out of 10. You probably come off like you're not interested in socializing. You're pretty enough so you're probably doing something 'wrong' without realizing it.

• What does that even look like haha

• That kinda sounds like me but I am happy too sometimes

• Well the fact that it sounds like you only goes to prove my point. Even if you're happy sometimes, if you generally seem like you don't want to talk to people they will not talk to you. Just ask out a guy you like. I feel like a broken record at this point because I always suggest that but I do so because a lot of women have it in their heads that they can't which just isn't true. Everyone likes to feel desired, and that includes men too. We don't think less of someone for making a move.

• Seriously? Is it mean u r ugly one if u never get any dating out request before? Dude its so bullshit. Sometimes boys have scary of refusing and they not even close the girls they love.. There can be a lot of reason but trust me beauty can not be relate with the number of dating request

• They talk to other pretty girls

• Pretty for whom? Its ur opinion they r pretty... But being pretty is something relativity term, isn't it?

• They always get 100s of likes on their photos.

• You look hot, i'd date you. I can't figure out why a guy wouldn't ask you out either. Guys are the ones who do the pursuing and for them to never ask you out is just crazy. I'm shy and of course I've never been on a date with any girl. I haven't done any pursueing...

• I'm losing hope now cause if it's not looks then I don't know

• Honestly based on your looks it makes zero sense why guys wouldn't be all over u. You are gorgeous... don't ever think otherwise. Dudes around u must be whack not to ask u out

• They ask out other girls. They're really pretty.

• I wanna live in your town then if there's tons of girls as pretty as u Lol

• You look great! Seriously you are gorgeous, don't worry about it, I would totally hit on you if I knew you!

• Lol I wish guys at my college thought that

• I don't see the picture.

• I think you are gorgeous. I would ask you out except for the fact I know you'd say no

• holy cow, are seriously asking this question? that guys won't ask out from you, why there is no 10/10, cause i would rate it

• Yeah because it's true I've never had a guy approach me

• Damn thats impossible, are you in a blind school, why guys can't see a pretty girl like you

• No but they talk to other pretty girls and flirt with them

• You're hot. I don't buy that you haven't been asked out before.

• ?

GTFO then if you think I'm a liar.

• It's just hard to accept. You're really hot. I don't know how guys wouldn't be into you.

• looks are fine. no idea why

you come off happy? hapopy girls are the prettiest as theys ay

• I have a neutral face most of the time

• isn't that the resting bitch face? lol

• I thought that was more of an angry face?

• You are so lovely looking like a cute Angel, stop worrying at all , I bet no girl is anywhere near you. If I was younger I would surely have asked you out :p

• The guys here don't seem into me but they flirt with other girls

• Maybe they are highly intimidated by you, nothing else. You are gorgeous and make anyone feel inferior. Seriously.

• No clue, could be a vibe you're giving or something. But you are very attractive.

• Ooh what do you mean by a vibe?

• Some shy girls don't realize they put out a "don't look at me, don't talk to me" vibe. Specially if you're attractive, guys will rather turn the other way when they get off gestures. It's hard enough to approach girls for a lot of guys so maybe they don't feel you are reciprocating in the interaction, does that make any sense? Probably why they turn to your friends, because they seem more outgoing and open. That's the only thing I can think of atm.

• Aww I think you're very attractive and I would date you in a heartbeat. You're beautiful. Just smile and be friendly and approachable. One day you will capture a guys heart just by doing that

• nine nine nine

• I'm 22 and have never been asked out... you're probably prettier than me.

• You're a guy obviously no girls are gonna ask YOU out. Haha

• Damn girl you look beautiful

• I was gonna do 10 but they did not have it

• I'll give you 6.5 for the pic, but everybody looks worse in pics so you're probably much hotter in real life. You have big boobs too... and nice skin tone. You're not the hottest girl in school but you should have a line of guys lined up trying to have sex with you (to be completely blunt)

So you're obviously doing something wrong, I don't know what it is. Does your personality suck? Are you boring? Do you give off a bad vibe / look stuck up / resting bitch face? Dress too conservatively?

• It doesn't suck and maybe I'm a little boring. Wow that's harsh

• you look great, we all at times have confidence issues and our self esteem gets hit at times, but in reality you look great , a lot of factors come into play, some men are intimidated by attractive women, girls naturally dislike other girls its just science. you are just 19 very young, your dating career has not even started trust me, in high school i never had a girlfriend or had a lot of girls around me, not bragging but i've been told i am very good looking after i turned 20 the dominoes started to fall, i was not shy no more and i was with gorgeous women after women. be patient it will happen to you to. trust me

• Every girl I'm friends with has a boyfriend and it's been 19 years

• I don't think so and I'm not great but compared to other girls I feel like I'm just as nice as them. Maybe nicer but maybe they're more fun?

• well i still think its all in your head, at 19 you are just beginning adulthood , it will come , i don't mean this in a bad way maybe you are just a bit jealous of your friends having boyfriends,

• I'm not going to rate you, for a couple of reasons but, I can tell you that love finds you, when you least expects it

• Haha ok maybe I should stop stressing about it

• Exactly

What Girls Said 9

• you're so pretty, I literally can't believed you've never been asked out. There's trolls and jealous, low girls in the poll so like don't mind them. 😂 I feel you! I've only been asked out once and its seriously messing with my image and self confidence which is really sad. People always tell me i'm pretty, but to me they're words of kindness, so coming from a girl with the same problem, I honestly wouldn't lie to you about it, I honestly think you're beautiful.

• Girl.. stop using that damn scale. You're a human being, not a product. As for your looks, you're gorgeous. Guys are probably scared that you'll reject them, that's why some may not approach you. Give it time, you'll meet the right person. Focus on having fun, girl it's your first year of college. Be happy, allow a relationship to happen naturally, don't force it. Stay blessed <3

• I don't think that's why. There are so many pretty girls they actually flirt and talk to. But Thanks! I kinda feel pressure from my parents too sometimes but you're totally right I need to focus on other things.

• I'm so glad when other people feel the same way about the scale that I do :) you go

• Ok I have a theory, maybe you are too attractive and that might be scaring off some shy but really wonderful guys. Next time you're around people dress really, really comfy. Like super cozy and warm. Layer hoodies or soft fleeces, yoga pants or sweat pants, snow boots, mittens... just really casual. I think that might open you up and make you more approachable.

• I honestly don't think that's why haha I'm not that pretty haha

• I dunno, try it! Cozy comfy means guys will feel more relaxed around you, never know!

• You're beautiful! People around you must be blind.

• Aw thank you that's so sweet :) you're beautiful too

• Thanks haha and you're very welcome.

I'm just saying the truth, tho. You're very pretty and you seem very nice as well 😊

• I think you're in all honesty knockout gorgeous, I have no idea. I'm sure it will happen soon enough but in the meantime keep your chin up :)

• You're so pretty too! Thanks

• I have the same problem :/ you're so pretty btw!!

• That's weird... you're very pretty? I think all these men are missing out.

• Aw thanks but they talk tonother girls who are really pretty

• you're a total 9 i'd easy give you some girl on girl action

• You're very pretty in a cute way. Guys your age tend to look for ego boosters so a lot of them like insecure girls that seek out their attention. If you come off as self-assured and uninterested in guys in general then that could be why.

• Thanks! I'm sure you're super pretty too. I'm really shy but I am pretty confident and not desperate. I have no problem confronting someone and sticking up for myself. But I sometimes may come off as unaware but that's because I'm awkward.

• I come off as unaware too and I think that's the main reason guys don't hit on me like they do my friends. One of my guy friends actually told another one of my friends that I come off as disinterested in guys and he couldn't read me (like when it came to who I was crushing on and all that) at all. Whereas my friends show when they are interested in guys.